Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
An_Ipswich_Fan

Beware who/what you wish for as manager

I'd go for a Keane/Kean dream team. Roy managing with Steve as the one taking all the flak from the fans.... :blink:

Being serious though, I can't see RDM dropping down to the Championship. I reckon it'll be someone from abroad, personally. There's no-one out of work that exactly fills you with joy (MON is just too soon after his sacking) and you're then left with: Dregs (McClaren,Appleton McLeish), Over-my-dead-body's (Sousa, Jewell, Keane, Kean) and Let's-get-rid-of-the-season-ticket-now's (Sven, Southgate, Magilton, Dowie, Berg.....)

I doubt we would go for someone abroad unless they know the English game or have been afiliated with it in the past either by playing in or managing in it and who are your suggestions for a manager from abroad

Neil Lennon?

Solskaer?

I'd go for a Keane/Kean dream team. Roy managing with Steve as the one taking all the flak from the fans.... :blink:

Being serious though, I can't see RDM dropping down to the Championship. I reckon it'll be someone from abroad, personally. There's no-one out of work that exactly fills you with joy (MON is just too soon after his sacking) and you're then left with: Dregs (McClaren,Appleton McLeish), Over-my-dead-body's (Sousa, Jewell, Keane, Kean) and Let's-get-rid-of-the-season-ticket-now's (Sven, Southgate, Magilton, Dowie, Berg.....)

Brian Mcdermott?

Out of interest what did you think ot Wellens in the brief time he was with you?

I doubt we would go for someone abroad unless they know the English game or have been afiliated with it in the past either by playing in or managing in it and who are your suggestions for a manager from abroad

Neil Lennon?

Solskaer?

Samii Hypia? lol

Wolves went abroad for Solbakken and looked how that turned out.

Some managers have had success, like McLeish, Hughes and some others, but fans wouldn't want them.

Only managers out of a job now I would take would be...

O'Neill - But it's very doubtful he will come back

Di Matteo - If he didn't win the Champions League, then maybe, but he did, so I doubt he would touch us.

Curbishley - He did well at Charlton and West Ham, but has been out of management so long, I doubt teams like us would even consider him.

Therefore I would only turn to another Championship or League 1 club, but most managers are highly rated but inexperienced, and not a step up from Pearson.

Brian Mcdermott?

Out of interest what did you think ot Wellens in the brief time he was with you?

I really liked Wellens and wished we could have kept him. He liked it here as well. He basically told our local media that he wouldn't get another look in at Leicester as he was considered persona non grata by the management there. He was particularly well-suited when Mick came in, and Mick enquired about a season-long-with-view-to-purchase but NP wanted him back.

I wasn't surprised when he started playing for you again when he came back. I would say that he's a decent-if-slow central/right-sided midfielder with an excellent touch and would be useful for us next season, unless Wolves go down and Mick decides to plunder them (as we're kind of expecting).

You've got a few players there that we've been linked with, namely Gallagher, King, Waghorn, SSL and Dyer. I'm not convinced we'd ever have the cash to purchase under FFP unless we start getting 25k crowds back every home game though

Thanks for the kind words btw. Sorry I'm an interloper, but you've been kinder than they were on the Forest one, where (admittedly) I went to wind 'em up after reading how they'd do us 8-0 at our place earlier in the season (we won 3-1 when O'Driscoll was still there!!!). I hate Forest. Sorry to say it but their fans are w*nkers.

When you say 'what' we wish for as manager are we looking at something non human for the next one?

In which case let's have something useful like a Breville sandwich toaster.

Stick with Pearson. lol lol lol lol

I would trust Pearson more than any of the above names mentioned.

He knows the players and him and Shakespeare are a deadly duo, and I think he is happy with us.

I like the fact he isn't a big name, understated and gets on with the job. We don't need any jokers or people who regularly go in the media.

I think Pearson can build something here. We need stability and to not get into the habit of changing managers, don't you remember where that got us and who got us out of league 1?

Don't tell me a monkey could get out of League one, Leeds, Forest and Sheffield United have taken more than 1 season. I'm sure there are more moderately sized clubs but I think we need to trust in Pearson and I hope the board do believe in him.

Archived