Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
An_Ipswich_Fan

Beware who/what you wish for as manager

for those of you who would take Roy Keane as next manager....BEWARE

Firstly, he falls out with at least three of your current team before they've even kicked a ball in anger. He demands that players live within a 20 min commute of your training ground, alienating the ones who don't and then making them play in the reserves until someone else comes in for them, he normally 'picks' on someone who in his birdbrain is not worthy of playing for him and basically ignores them completely. He also totally f***s your club for ages after, he's expensive to get shot of and his idea of tactics is getting everyone to chase the ball like schoolkids.

Also don't bother with Paul Jewell. Definitely don't bother.

I have heard that Pearson could be gone by tomorrow. I reckon you'd be better looking abroad. You've got the funds to be another Swansea.

Firstly, he falls out with at least three of your current team before they've even kicked a ball in anger. He demands that players live within a 20 min commute of your training ground, alienating the ones who don't and then making them play in the reserves until someone else comes in for them, he normally 'picks' on someone who in his birdbrain is not worthy of playing for him and basically ignores them completely. He also totally f***s your club for ages after, he's expensive to get shot of and his idea of tactics is getting everyone to chase the ball like schoolkids.

I have heard that Pearson could be gone by tomorrow. I reckon you'd be better looking abroad. You've got the funds to be another Swansea.

They barely spent anything.

I quite fancy Mick McCarthy !! :ph34r:

Only joking, good luck Ipswich and thanks for not taking the pish !!

I wouldn't want Keane or Jewell, but thanks for that warning. If Pearson was to go, I'd be heading down to Millwall for Jackett (that's an if as I don't want him to get sacked yet).

McCarthy was an excellent choice though. I'm sure you'll stay up, and I'm sure you'll be 'up there' next season. Quite like Ipswich anyway.

Where did you hear this? Or is this just from the general feeling on this forum?

I don't think many people here would welcome Keane, let alone wish him to be our manager. MON has just become available, and he is a god to us! Personally would also welcome RDM, wouldn't even mind McDermott myself. I'm happy there's zero chance of it being Di Nazio

Yeah, sorry, not saying Swansea spent a mint, but I went to the King Power when you hammered us earlier in the season, and even though we were a complete f***ing shambles and a disgrace, it was a bit like the Manure 9-0 in the Prem when we were sh*t then in the 90's. It could have been far worse and i was impressed with you lot. So to see you getting done by us and Barnsley now makes me wonder what the f***'s happened?

And then I hear about SSL and Nigel having a punch-up and I think I know...

Keane has proved, good a player as he was, he is not a manager and certainly one who shouldn't be entertained by our owners but the fact remains something positive needs to be done to stop this decline in performance and self disbelief.

All we need is a passionate individual who has a proven track record, is that too much to ask for?

It was on BBC radio 5live about 5.30ish. Said something about an emergency press conference at KP Stadium tomorrow,

Oh really? Well that's that then surely? Although, the club haven't officially said anything about this yet...

Yeah, sorry, not saying Swansea spent a mint, but I went to the King Power when you hammered us earlier in the season, and even though we were a complete f***ing shambles and a disgrace, it was a bit like the Manure 9-0 in the Prem when we were sh*t then in the 90's. It could have been far worse and i was impressed with you lot. So to see you getting done by us and Barnsley now makes me wonder what the f***'s happened?

And then I hear about SSL and Nigel having a punch-up and I think I know...

I don't know where any suggestion of Roy Keane came from should the axe fall on Pearson before the next game (although I haven't been long in and have not seen the rest of the forum much yet) - but anybody who goes out of their way to try and break a players leg (Haaland) should be banned from having anything further to do with professional football, full stop - whether or not that Rambo-esque, fear factor approach supposedly galvanises a team who such an individual manages! Yes, Pearson has had his moments with select individuals too that has derailed any continuity in the team as regards pushing for promotion (Matt Mills last season, fall outs galore with other more established players since his second spell back here and most recently, allegedly St Ledger) but he's no Roy Keane thankfully!

Thought Keanes a nice bloke him and Hughes would do a great job

I'd go for a Keane/Kean dream team. Roy managing with Steve as the one taking all the flak from the fans.... :blink:

Being serious though, I can't see RDM dropping down to the Championship. I reckon it'll be someone from abroad, personally. There's no-one out of work that exactly fills you with joy (MON is just too soon after his sacking) and you're then left with: Dregs (McClaren,Appleton McLeish), Over-my-dead-body's (Sousa, Jewell, Keane, Kean) and Let's-get-rid-of-the-season-ticket-now's (Sven, Southgate, Magilton, Dowie, Berg.....)

Archived