Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Get off the back of Wood!

I stand by my point. I can largely assume the OP is aimed at me as I will openly admit I've criticised him, and I stand well by that.

His all-round game is disappointing, yes he's got a lot of potential but we're mis-using him, or trying to over-use him and play our entire game through him when we'd be far better doing it the other way round.

I like Wood, strikes me as a pretty decent character to have around, but I won't take a word I said about him back until I see anything on the pitch that makes me think otherwise.

I stand by my point. I can largely assume the OP is aimed at me as I will openly admit I've criticised him, and I stand well by that.

His all-round game is disappointing, yes he's got a lot of potential but we're mis-using him, or trying to over-use him and play our entire game through him when we'd be far better doing it the other way round.

I like Wood, strikes me as a pretty decent character to have around, but I won't take a word I said about him back until I see anything on the pitch that makes me think otherwise.

OP is not aimed at anyone.

Just bemuses me how people can say 'he is no better than Howard' and that there is no mention of how much worse nugent has been.

In fact, I agree with a lot of your post, we are trying to use him as a target man which he is not.

Jacob blyth =drop wood , blyth been on fire this season yet pearson doesn't seem to recognise it

why not drop nugent??

Why is he above criticism? he has been far worse.

yet no one blames nugent, one of the most expeirenced players we have who has looked like a sunday league player the last few months.

Wood has been one of the better players. At 0-0 at Derby and at barnsley he cushioned two beautiful headers to the edge of the box for his striker partner who was absolutely nowhere.

There is no point in him trying, Nuge doesn't have the ability to anticipate what he is gonna do.

Oh great and that earns him his money does it? That's a contribution worthy of tens of thousands a week?

Nugent's been fvcking gash too, don't generalise and make out he's had no criticism from anyone, or assume I don't think he's also been shit.

You could argue neither were helped by being too far apart from each other in a front 3, but Nugent was worse off on the wing than Wood was in the centre.

There's no point in trying? Nugent doesn't have ability? Are you high?

All Wood has done for weeks is stand around, have a shit first touch and cushion 2 headers to no one. Great.

Regardless of what Nugent's done, that's fvcking shit. I don't care how young he is or how much talent he's got. It's not good enough.

Just bemuses me how people can say 'he is no better than Howard' and that there is no mention of how much worse nugent has been.

In fact, I agree with a lot of your post, we are trying to use him as a target man which he is not.

why not drop nugent??

Why not drop them both?

Lets face it we could sign Messi and within 2 months he would be dogshite according to Foxestalk, seems like Schlupp has even passed on the Leicester curse to Van Persie during his trial at Man Utd

Oh great and that earns him his money does it? That's a contribution worthy of tens of thousands a week?

Nugent's been fvcking gash too, don't generalise and make out he's had no criticism from anyone, or assume I don't think he's also been shit.

You could argue neither were helped by being too far apart from each other in a front 3, but Nugent was worse off on the wing than Wood was in the centre.

There's no point in trying? Nugent doesn't have ability? Are you high?

All Wood has done for weeks is stand around, have a shit first touch and cushion 2 headers to no one. Great.

Regardless of what Nugent's done, that's fvcking shit. I don't care how young he is or how much talent he's got. It's not good enough.

Nugent is worse off because he is on the wing???

You don't even know his natural position then do you?

I think its silly when people expect Wood to be working as hard as Vardy or Nuge, he's 6'3 and a bloody carthorse, no wonder he looks fooked! He plays best when the ball is on the deck.

His natural position is up front.

natural position = most successful position

That was on the wing for preston, similar position he has been playing at times this season.

Whether he is effective playing their or not, it doesn't affect his poor touch or should effect the fact he cant play a 5 yard pass.

natural position = most successful position

That was on the wing for preston, similar position he has been playing at times this season.

Whether he is effective playing their or not, it doesn't affect his poor touch or should effect the fact he cant play a 5 yard pass.

Yeah because Wood has excellent close control doesn't he.

Nugent is worse off because he is on the wing???

You don't even know his natural position then do you?

lol Why has he looked completely lost everytime he's played out there for us then?

I'm not bothered where he played at Preston, it's not his position. He's had good success playing up front for us, he's scored goals, playing him out wide is absolute madness.

So yeh, obviously that's not going to help his game.

why not drop nugent??

It is aimed at people who have criticised Wood and I'll openly step forward and say I'm one of them.

Like I say, I think the way we're using him has made him look worse than he is.

yeah 3 wow would be good if he could do it more often the way I see it he isn't any better than steve howard , all he ever does is back into the player and then concede a free kick and wonder why? pearson got him to score goals which fair play he did and his forms ran away but we have no ariel threat what so ever

howard was the worlds worst at giving free kicks away

Cracks me up does all this chris wood in 17 games this season scored 9 goals not a bad return at all!!!

we had this crap with the yak (he didn't run get rid) all he does is score goals, he's lazy.

it's not just chris wood that's been shocking it's the whole team, we know he can score goals as we have seen his 19 in 11 at millwall shows he knows where the net is.

in january people were hanging out the back off wood, the missing piece of the jigsaw etc.

maybe we should recall our other striker with a bad first touch in vardy? or beckford??? all we seem to do is moan when players goalscoring stats are bad or if they have a good return on goals. i'm all for giving schullp a chance but know one seems to dig at nuge last goal vs wolves fair play he works hard and has been on the wing but he has been terrible of late even when played as striker.

sometimes i think that our fans think that a 1 million pound striker will be the complete striker, 1 million aint going to buy you your van persies they cost 20 million plus, even hernadez as a unknown cost man u 10 million

Cracks me up does all this chris wood in 17 games this season scored 9 goals not a bad return at all!!!

Doing the same here as people are doing with our current form, making out it doesn't matter as' over the whole season .........blah blah blah'

Archived