Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Benjaldinho

Fan? Supporter?

Fan is short for fanatic. I'd define that as the kind of person who follows their team home and away, and lives and breathes Leicester City. Note I've included nothing there about standing, singing, loving or hating Pearson. I don't believe in 'better' fans as I think anybody who spends their time and money following the club to places like Brighton and Plymouth ( a trip I am still having therapy for) is passionate about the club.

Fan is short for fanatic. I'd define that as the kind of person who follows their team home and away, and lives and breathes Leicester City. Note I've included nothing there about standing, singing, loving or hating Pearson. I don't believe in 'better' fans as I think anybody who spends their time and money following the club to places like Brighton and Plymouth ( a trip I am still having therapy for) is passionate about the club.

So I'm not a fan because I can only get to 5 or 6 games a season?

How about me, I've always supported lcfc but currently due to work I don't have a season ticket, have only attended two games this season and have not bought a shirt/beer/pie etc at the ground when I have attended.

What am I?

Not stupid!

Supporter: A person who is actively interested in and wishes success for a particular sports team.

That's from Google but it's probably a definition I'd agree with.

However, a fan/supporter can chose to not like the manager, the staff, the owners or certain players. It's their opinion. Yesterday, I said I wasn't a massive fan of De Laet, in which, someone replied and said 'this is whats wrong with our support'... That, I felt, was unfair because a fan can dislike who he wants, as long as he still supports the football club. Like I do.

You don't have to go to every game to be a fan either. People have bigger problems in life than to afford every football match, and that's what other people don't seem to understand.

Supporter: A person who is actively interested in and wishes success for a particular sports team.

However, a fan/supporter can chose to not like the manager, the staff, the owners or certain players. It's their opinion. Yesterday, I said I wasn't a massive fan of De Laet, in which, someone replied and said 'this is whats wrong with our support'... That, I felt, was unfair because a fan can dislike who he wants, as long as he still supports the football club. Like I do.

You don't have to go to every game to be a fan either. People have bigger problems in life than to afford every football match, and that's what other people don't seem to understand.

Each to their own and all, but I think De Laet has been one of our best players this season.

An LCFC fan/supporter is someone who wants the best for LCFC whatever that maybe and wants them to be beat any other team they play whoever they msy be. How they demonstrate thst support is personal and irrelevent to everyone but themselves.

Most that don't understand probably need to get a girlfriend!!

So I'm not a fan because I can only get to 5 or 6 games a season?

True, I'm in the same situation.

I could rephrase it to 'gets to as many games as they can,' which would seem fairer.

God I hate all this fan/supporter bullshit. Just turns into a load of self important pricks licking their own arsehole. Who honestly cares and why does it even matter? Everyone just focus on themselves instead of everyone else!

Clearly a proper fan is someone who attends every game home and away even in atrocious road conditions caused by snow just like I do. Anyone who doesn't match this is a casual plastic glory supporter and clearly aspires to be like one of us chosen few real fans.

Clearly a proper fan is someone who attends every game home and away even in atrocious road conditions caused by snow just like I do. Anyone who doesn't match this is a casual plastic glory supporter and clearly aspires to be like one of us chosen few real fans.

lol

suppose my 7 home games and 1 away so far this season isnt very good then Gary lol

Archived