Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Callabinho

How about this?

My friends and I were discussing this season, and if it has been a failure or have we had some success from it. I actually believe whatever the outcome there will be positives to take from this season. For starters our squad is relatively inexperienced in this current situation we find ourselves in, we have experienced players but as a collective group we have a lack of experience in some key areas which have arguably cost us at times this season.

I believe that this will be a very tough but valuable lesson to some of the younger members of the squad if we fail in reaching the play offs, for me this season had two possible outcomes.

A) The youthfulness of our side would be oozing with raw enthusiasm to succeed, confidence being key to our impressive charge to promotion.

B) The inexperience in our side would lead to inconstancy, and when in a bad run of form some players have no "been there done that" figure to help bring composure the their game them when they desperately need it.

For us the latter has happened, we have a good squad of players with bags of potential however, they have been punished recently for a few poor performances and haven't got the experience to help pick their game up to their previously high standards. I use EXPERIENCE a fair amount in this topic because in sport it is possible the most important trait an athlete can have, you may be thinking 'But what about Wes?', for me Wes is a leader by example I like to think there are two types of captain, those who aren't particularly vocal but their colossal performances help inspire their colleges to follow, and those who are leaders of men, constantly barking out orders to keep the team in check and motivate them verbally to put everything on the line. We are in desperate need for the latter and in my humble opinion we really could do with it in midfield, Kasper comes in the category 'leader of men' however there is only so much a goalkeeper can do.

Having said that it brings me on to the gaffer, Nigel. I like Nigel and I think he has had a very tough job to do in regards to bringing stability and success to the club, and I feel he is doing a grand job. For me this is very much a transition period for the club after two seasons of heavy spending that resulted in little success, and as a result of this Nigel has had to strip the excess and start again, in doing so I believe he has gambled this season by bringing in a fair few young players, linking this to my theory of the two possible outcomes it appears that it hasn't paid off short term, however is this not a long term project? This makes me believe that Nigel is essential to the long term plans of this football club, allowing him to leave could lead to yet more disruptions, big clear outs, fall outs and all sorts of problems!

If your taps suddenly stop working you call a plumber, if there is more to the problem than first thought and the plumber takes four or five days to search for the cause of the problem, would you get rid of him? the next plumber comes a long and has the some problem, would you tell him not to bother coming back either? Eventually after hundreds of pounds you're back to square one with broken taps and a heap of unnecessary baggage as a result of your impatience, the best thing to do is leave the plumber to it, it may take up to four or five days to fix the problem but if you persevere with him he will repair it. Strange I know but I am certain that sticking with Nigel is the right thing to do! It may be frustrating and at times heart wrenching but look at Cardiff, it has taken Malky a while but with a bit of trust and some valuable experience his side are now within a point of the Premier League, do we want to emulate that, or do we want to carry on going trough managers and be stuck in reverse? If we are still struggling next season maybe then it will be the right to say to Nigel thanks, but we need new ideas.

If we do not make it this season I implore you to see the positives, it may not feel like it at present, but with this current crop of players and the addition of a bit more experience I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

All we need to do people, is keep the faith.

My friends and I were discussing this season, and if it has been a failure or have we had some success from it. I actually believe whatever the outcome there will be positives to take from this season. For starters our squad is relatively inexperienced in this current situation we find ourselves in, we have experienced players but as a collective group we have a lack of experience in some key areas which have arguably cost us at times this season.

I believe that this will be a very tough but valuable lesson to some of the younger members of the squad if we fail in reaching the play offs, for me this season had two possible outcomes.

A) The youthfulness of our side would be oozing with raw enthusiasm to succeed, confidence being key to our impressive charge to promotion.

B) The inexperience in our side would lead to inconstancy, and when in a bad run of form some players have no "been there done that" figure to help bring composure the their game them when they desperately need it.

For us the latter has happened, we have a good squad of players with bags of potential however, they have been punished recently for a few poor performances and haven't got the experience to help pick their game up to their previously high standards. I use EXPERIENCE a fair amount in this topic because in sport it is possible the most important trait an athlete can have, you may be thinking 'But what about Wes?', for me Wes is a leader by example I like to think there are two types of captain, those who aren't particularly vocal but their colossal performances help inspire their colleges to follow, and those who are leaders of men, constantly barking out orders to keep the team in check and motivate them verbally to put everything on the line. We are in desperate need for the latter and in my humble opinion we really could do with it in midfield, Kasper comes in the category 'leader of men' however there is only so much a goalkeeper can do.

Having said that it brings me on to the gaffer, Nigel. I like Nigel and I think he has had a very tough job to do in regards to bringing stability and success to the club, and I feel he is doing a grand job. For me this is very much a transition period for the club after two seasons of heavy spending that resulted in little success, and as a result of this Nigel has had to strip the excess and start again, in doing so I believe he has gambled this season by bringing in a fair few young players, linking this to my theory of the two possible outcomes it appears that it hasn't paid off short term, however is this not a long term project? This makes me believe that Nigel is essential to the long term plans of this football club, allowing him to leave could lead to yet more disruptions, big clear outs, fall outs and all sorts of problems!

If your taps suddenly stop working you call a plumber, if there is more to the problem that first thought and the plumber takes four or five days to search for the cause of the problem, would you get rid of him? the next plumber comes a long and has the some problem, would you tell him not to bother coming back either? Eventually after hundreds of pounds you're back to square one with broken taps and a heap of unnecessary baggage as a result of your impatience, the best thing to do is leave the plumber to it, it may take up to four or five days to fix the problem but if you persevere with him he will repair it. Strange I know but I am certain that sticking with Nigel is the right thing to do! It may be frustrating and at times heart wrenching but look at Cardiff, it has taken Malky a while but with a bit of trust and some valuable experience his side are now within a point of the Premier League, do we want to emulate that, or do we want to carry on going trough managers and be stuck in reverse? If we are still struggling next season maybe then it will be the right to say to Nigel thanks, but we need new ideas.

If we do not make it this season I implore you to see the positives, it may not feel like it at present, but with this current crop of players and the addition of a bit more experience I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

Exactly why I said in the summer, 7th this season and I expect promotion next season..

Go back through the threads, you'll read it.

That still doesn't excuse some of the major Fook-ups Pearson has made in the past month or two.

I totally agree with you. Nigel has to be given next season. UP THE FOXES!!!

XX

Are you on medication or have you not actually seen the terrible performances over the last 33% of the season. Apart from a couple of small winning runs, without which we woud be relegation fodder, we have been poor. I have NEVER called for Pearson to be sacked and he has to see out the remaining games but the facts are if we dont get promoted(unlikely) then he should go. He has had long enough, had enough money and I am afraid that he has found his level, thats not personal but in life in whatever you do, there is an optimum level and Nigel has reached it. Look above us, Freedman, Davies, Bruce have all had less time and money and at the minute doing better. Anyway UP THE FOXES and I will be in K1 tonight hoping for a win

Whatever is wrong with us now started after a fabulous run in at the start of the year. We had put ourselves in an excellent position to secure automatic promotion. Since then we have looked poor, hapless and jaded. We were clearly capable of competing for that 2nd place but have blown it in the final games. This is what hurts me the most, if we had had a mediocre time of it, sitting mid-table, going nowhere much I would have been disappointed but hopeful. As it stands I struggle to see where the next win is coming from and after all the graft and hardwork of the first 3/4 of the season we are looking shyte and will have to start all over again next seson with who knows what players and who knows which manager? We were so nearly there. Basturd.

If your taps suddenly stop working you call a plumber, if there is more to the problem that first thought and the plumber takes four or five days to search for the cause of the problem, would you get rid of him? the next plumber comes a long and has the some problem, would you tell him not to bother coming back either? Eventually after hundreds of pounds you're back to square one with broken taps and a heap of unnecessary baggage as a result of your impatience, the best thing to do is leave the plumber to it, it may take up to four or five days to fix the problem but if you persevere with him he will repair it. Strange I know but I am certain that sticking with Nigel is the right thing to do! It may be frustrating and at times heart wrenching but look at Cardiff, it has taken Malky a while but with a bit of trust and some valuable experience his side are now within a point of the Premier League, do we want to emulate that, or do we want to carry on going trough managers and be stuck in reverse? If we are still struggling next season maybe then it will be the right to say to Nigel thanks, but we need new ideas.

Good post and fully agree..could this be the answer for LCFC?

Superb post.

Like you said, Keep The Faith!

I think Pearson has finally started to realize that Wellens, Gallagher, Vardy, Waghorn, Dyer won't cut it if we want promotion, I honestly think he will be given another season no matter what happens and I would be happy for him to have one more shot.

Shame it's a year too late, not like it wasn't clear for all to see. :dry:

I agree this is a good post but my own qualification to him staying is that he needs to lose some of the arogance and learn from som e of his tragic errors this year. That is the bit that concerns me. I am not sure he will.

If they announce he is stopping before they announce the cost of season tickets then I'd expect there to be a major drop in sales.

Well we don't need fans like that anyway. There will be people happy to replace there season ticket seats. You should be supporting the team whether or not you like the manager.

Pearson doesn't get the best out of his players, at vital times. Right now it seems he has lost the team and lost the dressing room, he is a stubborn manager, who probably doesn't have the respect from his players.

definitely another season. for the first half of this season we were largely playing the most exciting football i have seen us play with a team full of young prospects. if he can get us back to that then it's all good.

Pearson doesn't get the best out of his players, at vital times. Right now it seems he has lost the team and lost the dressing room, he is a stubborn manager, who probably doesn't have the respect from his players.

and you're a stubborn poster who doesn't get respect from other posters, but you're STILL here!

Well we don't need fans like that anyway. There will be people happy to replace there season ticket seats. You should be supporting the team whether or not you like the manager.

I didn't know that was allowed on FT - you either love the manager or you're not a real supporter

and you're a stubborn poster who doesn't get respect from other posters, but you're STILL here!

To be honest I couldn't give a shit what people think about me, they simply judge me on some of my posts when I'm only having a laugh and just not being serious. I will post serious posts on Leicester when I feel it is necessary.

Fans know Pearson is stubborn, if players respect him, do you think Knockaert would of tweeted what he did. I'm pretty sure some players felt the same way as him.

To be honest I couldn't give a shit what people think about me, they simply judge me on some of my posts when I'm only having a laugh and just not being serious. I will post serious posts on Leicester when I feel it is necessary.

Fans know Pearson is stubborn, if players respect him, do you think Knockaert would of tweeted what he did. I'm pretty sure some players felt the same way as him.

Its ok saying that but shouldn't the players show a bit of respect towards the boss instead of whinging about him behind his back or on Twitter

We need as many fans as possible so don't start getting all high and mighty.

Season ticket sales were likely to drop anyway die to the large number of televised games but I know a fair few people who won't be renewing if he stays.

They aren't glory hunters either, the 4 of us have had ST's since the move to the KP and have all been following the team home and away since the late 70's.

If Pearson stays and we start playing the type of football we played earlier in the season I will start watching agin but I'm not paying out for an adult and a child to travel all the way from London to watch the awful football we have seen over the last few months.

PS

I do support the team not the manager but the manager is responsible for the standard of football that my team plays and I pay to watch.

I haven't read all the responses to this from the OP, but it's the most sensible thing I've read on here in weeks. My own opinion on NP has fluctuated lately, having been a staunch supporter of him, and pleased he returned, I was beginning to doubt. I do think you're right, lets give him more time and trust his judgement. We've played some great football this season, lets hope it returns.

Its ok saying that but shouldn't the players show a bit of respect towards the boss instead of whinging about him behind his back or on Twitter

But you don't know what goes on behind the club.

Players might not trust his management, don't like his tactics, or don't feel respected enough by him.

He comes across as stubborn in so many interviews, many fans on here have said the same thing over the past year or so, especially in certain interviews with Stringer.

I just feel we need a manager who is respected, and will get the most out of our players, hence why I think Chris Powell would be a good option, the fans like him, he did well here as a player, well respected in the game, and comes across better as a person, and comes across better in interviews. I think the players would respect someone like that more.

How much time would you give him though?

Teams coming down from the PL at the end of next season will have massive parachute payments on top of the 40m they will have received that season.

We wanted to get promoted this season, we need to get promoted next season.

What would you do if after 10 games we're still playing as we have done the last 13, sack him?

He'll have spent money over the summer and any new manager will want to change the team, so time and money will have both been wasted.

People cannot try to evaluate Pearson on a game to game basis. The season he has had, his team selections, tactical appraisal and lack of adequate cover tell us he is not good enough, and never will be.

It has taken him 40-odd matches to recognise that if he plays King in midfield it can only be with Drinkwater and James as well - something I have been saying all season. We were unlucky in many respects agains Birmingham, King had an excellant game because his defensive duties had been reduced by including two 'holding' midfield players as well.

It is not rocket science for anyone to deduce that playing two wingers and King in a four man midfield is tantamount to suicide. On the plus side it is a total compliment to our back four to have conceded so few goals when playing behind the worst defensive midfield unit in the Championship.

Is there any team above us in the Championship, or any team in the Prem' who play 4-4-2 with two wingers similar to Dyer, Knockaert, Marshall or Gallagher. I do not think so. Does that not prove that Pearson must be tactically dim when there is no other manager in the top leagues ( or maybe anywhere ) who still does the old fashioned sixties or seventies style team selection.

4-3-3, or 4-2-3-1 or 4-5-1 or anything but 4-4-2 with two wingers and two 'lightweights' in central midfield. What is it Pearson and many of you guys don't understand. It is so obvious, and has been since Sunderland in the pre-season friendly!

Archived