Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bluesbrothers

Beckford scores.

This is what annoys me slightly. Beckford somehow has been perceived to be someone with an "attitude problem" yet many people around the club say he's a really great guy.

Nobody knows he threw a "wobbly", the more likely scenario is NP told Beckford he is no longer in his plans (although this is another assumption). Yes he started the first 3 games but in all honesty, I think NP was always looking to get rid.

Beckford wanted to leave for first team football - he'd rather be earning his wages playing every week than sitting on the bench. That to me is not a player with an attitude problem, just someone who wants to play football.

Can't see him being back here (unless NP goes) as he's not a "Pearson player" (whatever the fvck that is lol).

Agree with this... I've read interviews before, where players have said he is a nice guy.

He doesn't put much effort in, but he would still be a decent squad player for us/decent option from the bench at least.

This is what annoys me slightly. Beckford somehow has been perceived to be someone with an "attitude problem" yet many people around the club say he's a really great guy.

Nobody knows he threw a "wobbly", the more likely scenario is NP told Beckford he is no longer in his plans (although this is another assumption). Yes he started the first 3 games but in all honesty, I think NP was always looking to get rid.

Beckford wanted to leave for first team football - he'd rather be earning his wages playing every week than sitting on the bench. That to me is not a player with an attitude problem, just someone who wants to play football.

Can't see him being back here (unless NP goes) as he's not a "Pearson player" (whatever the fvck that is lol).

In all fairness, no team will ever release a statement in the press stating that one of their players is a ****.

In all fairness, no team will ever release a statement in the press stating that one of their players is a ****.

That's not really the point. Just wondering where this notion of him having a bad attitude has come from, given that both players and staff at the club have said he's a really nice guy and works hard on the training ground.

Sorry who said he had an attitude problem?

Sorry who said he had an attitude problem?

Sorry, meant more the fact you assumed he "threw a wobbly" because he was benched for 5 games. The attitude thing has been mentioned by a number of people on here as seen in the posts above.

Sorry, meant more the fact you assumed he "threw a wobbly" because he was benched for 5 games.

Well he requested a transfer after starting three games and then being on the bench for 5 games, so yes in my books that's throwing a wobbly.

Well he requested a transfer after starting three games and then being on the bench for 5 games, so yes in my books that's throwing a wobbly.

Who said he requested a transfer? That's the first I've heard of that...

The sooner we have him off the wage bill, the better.

I don't need to throw abuse at him. He came here for the money, flattered to deceive and should move on.

Beckford and Leicester don't go well alongside each other.

I guess that's why I started the 'Who would Pearson sign?' thread.

If we go up, there surely have to be some bigger name/bigger wage players who join the club, to give us any hope of staying in the division?

It would be interesting to know whether Beckford has a promotion salary increase clause in his contract though? I wouldn't be at all surprised if he has.

I guess that's why I started the 'Who would Pearson sign?' thread.

If we go up, there surely have to be some bigger name/bigger wage players who join the club, to give us any hope of staying in the division?

It would be interesting to know whether Beckford has a promotion salary increase clause in his contract though? I wouldn't be at all surprised if he has.

Since when has a big name or big wage been a guarantee of quality, or given a team more of a chance of staying up? Especially at Leicester.

I'd rather go with the O'Neill or Pearson approach than the Taylor or Sven one thanks Col

Since when has a big name or big wage been a guarantee of quality, or given a team more of a chance of staying up? Especially at Leicester.

I'd rather go with the O'Neill or Pearson approach than the Taylor or Sven one thanks Col

It's all relative mate.

I don't mean 'big names' on huge money. Christ, look what that's done to QPR!

But don't forget that MON signed Claridge for a million.. Which back then was seen as a big money signing.

Collymore came in and was surely paid a decent salary?

Even Kasey Keller was considered one of the better goalkeepers around at the time.

What I'm saying is a decent number of better calibre players who would command higher salaries.

For example, should Wigan go down, I'm a fan of McManaman and would consider someone like him a decent signing for us (if we go up).

But I would suspect even a player like that would only join us for anything upwards of 30k per week?

That's what I'm saying. A Prem club, seeking to attract good calibre players, generally have to pay more to get them.

So, not a team full of fellas on 70k per week, but certainly on more than the average salary of the current crop.

Someone has mentioned Darren Bent.. A decent shout that, but again, I bet he'd want 50/60 k per week to come to us, as a Premiership club.

It's all relative mate.

I don't mean 'big names' on huge money. Christ, look what that's done to QPR!

But don't forget that MON signed Claridge for a million.. Which back then was seen as a big money signing.

Collymore came in and was surely paid a decent salary?

Even Kasey Keller was considered one of the better goalkeepers around at the time.

What I'm saying is a decent number of better calibre players who would command higher salaries.

For example, should Wigan go down, I'm a fan of McManaman and would consider someone like him a decent signing for us (if we go up).

But I would suspect even a player like that would only join us for anything upwards of 30k per week?

That's what I'm saying. A Prem club, seeking to attract good calibre players, generally have to pay more to get them.

So, not a team full of fellas on 70k per week, but certainly on more than the average salary of the current crop.

Someone has mentioned Darren Bent.. A decent shout that, but again, I bet he'd want 50/60 k per week to come to us, as a Premiership club.

O'Neill also signed the likes of Lennon, Izzet, Savage, Guppy, Elliott, Impey, Marshall, Prior. Not a big name or massive wage upon signing among them, but what great team players. That's the approach we need to be taking for a season or two upon getting promoted. I'd rather build a team and clear the debt than spend, never clear it and come back down with it still hanging over our heads

The sooner we have him off the wage bill, the better.

I don't need to throw abuse at him. He came here for the money, flattered to deceive and should move on.

Beckford and Leicester don't go well alongside each other.

I knew he would deliver, I even said it on the thread when he signed. A few good seasons in League One and then a handful of goals for a big club with good players at Everton (that one against Chelsea was class, though). However, I don't think he is a bad player and is he a decent option on the bench? Maybe... He was a panic purchase by Sven, no doubt, and was put on a high wage. We need that wage off of the bill, as we did Mills.

Huddersfield were purring about him after his brace on Saturday. Our problem is that on his wages no one will buy him, so someone at the Club needs to try and resolve this issue. Yes I didn't particularly like his apparent (lack of) work ethic last season, but would I rather he came on instead of Vardy, Waggy or Futacs? He's under contract with us for some time yet

Huddersfield were purring about him after his brace on Saturday. Our problem is that on his wages no one will buy him, so someone at the Club needs to try and resolve this issue. Yes I didn't particularly like his apparent (lack of) work ethic last season, but would I rather he came on instead of Vardy, Waggy or Futacs? He's under contract with us for some time yet

He wants to be first choice, not on the bench.

Jermaine Beckford

HUDDERSFIELD Town boss Mark Robins wants Jermaine Beckford to cement his growing rapport with Town fans by leading the way to a vital victory at Bristol City on Saturday.

The on-loan Leicester City striker has grabbed four goals in three games to help bolster Huddersfield Town’s Championship survival hopes.

Once a favourite at arch-rivals Leeds, the 29-year-old was given a standing ovation by the John Smith’s faithful after Saturday’s 3-0 defeat of Millwall.

Huddersfield Town thump Millwall to move out of relegation spots

Apr 22 2013

View

That put Town three points above a trio of clubs, Peterborough, Wolves and Barnsley, with two games to go, the first against already-relegated opponents.

Town hope to sell out their 2,150 ticket allocation for Ashton Gate, and boss Robins, himself a former frontman, wants Beckford to give them more goals to enjoy.

"The fans have been fantastic of late, and there was a real affinity between them and the team on Saturday," he said as sales passed the 1,200 barrier.

"They have a huge part to play over the last two games, and I know we will take a big following down to Bristol.

"I appreciate goalscorers, and so do the supporters, and Jermaine and James Vaughan were great against Millwall.

"Jermaine can be frustrating at times because I know he has so much to offer and sometimes he doesn’t do himself justice.

"You will get a rapport with fans if you are scoring goals.

"You’ll get the opposite if you aren’t working hard and trying to get those goals."

There you have it, Beckford is lazy

Jermaine Beckford

HUDDERSFIELD Town boss Mark Robins wants Jermaine Beckford to cement his growing rapport with Town fans by leading the way to a vital victory at Bristol City on Saturday.

The on-loan Leicester City striker has grabbed four goals in three games to help bolster Huddersfield Town’s Championship survival hopes.

Once a favourite at arch-rivals Leeds, the 29-year-old was given a standing ovation by the John Smith’s faithful after Saturday’s 3-0 defeat of Millwall.

Huddersfield Town thump Millwall to move out of relegation spots

Apr 22 2013

View

That put Town three points above a trio of clubs, Peterborough, Wolves and Barnsley, with two games to go, the first against already-relegated opponents.

Town hope to sell out their 2,150 ticket allocation for Ashton Gate, and boss Robins, himself a former frontman, wants Beckford to give them more goals to enjoy.

"The fans have been fantastic of late, and there was a real affinity between them and the team on Saturday," he said as sales passed the 1,200 barrier.

"They have a huge part to play over the last two games, and I know we will take a big following down to Bristol.

"I appreciate goalscorers, and so do the supporters, and Jermaine and James Vaughan were great against Millwall.

"Jermaine can be frustrating at times because I know he has so much to offer and sometimes he doesn’t do himself justice.

"You will get a rapport with fans if you are scoring goals.

"You’ll get the opposite if you aren’t working hard and trying to get those goals."

There you have it, Beckford is lazy

There you have it .... a manager that encourages him to not be lazy whilst realising he still has an awful lot to offer and has ability.

Archived