Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Who would Pearson sign - 2013/14

Why?

Has been injured most of the season. It would be a big risk, he might not be able to get back to the level he was at before and that might not be enough to do the business at a higher level anyway.

I could see us taking him on loan if we arnt promoted and Hull are though. Wouldn't mind that. I'd much rather have a fit Fryatt than Nugent or Waghorn.

Thinking along the lines of good Championship players...

Sako or Rhodes (don't think we need both, we have enough strikers and I fancy an on form Nuge & Wood to score goals in the Prem.)

Andrea Orlandi and Ben Davies are solid midfielders, and I'm sure we can bring someone in from a relegated prem team (not QPR though please, I'd prefer not to bring in a mercenary on Sven wages.)

Defence? Think we could pry Hobbs away from Hull for CB, but if we can keep Keane, we're solid enough there with Morgan leading. The full backs are the problem. Maybe we could get Naughton back from Norwich - I know fans would want him. Left back is the real problem area, Konchesky has his good games, but he barely has the legs for the Championship anymore, let alone the Prem. Who do people think would be a realistic, quality Left Back we could get in?

The prem is going to have 12 very weak teams next season who ever goes up

12 piss poor teams of which 6 to 8 of those will be mega piss poor

only the usual suspects are any good in the prem lets be honest

Man U

Man C

Chelsea

Arsenal

Tottenham

Liverpool

Everton

maybe 1 or 2 others

The rest are piss poor generally

The prem is going to have 2 very weak teams next season who ever goes up

I personally think that Hull and Cardiff are both better than the Southampton and Reading sides which went up.

Cardiff have a deeper squad than southampton and reading had, and also have the quality of whittingham, bellamy, Gunnarsson, Turner, hudson etc.

With Hull they probably also have a deeper squad, but they also have the surprise factor of playing with a 3-5-2, a formation only they and wigan use.

I personally think that Hull and Cardiff are both better than the Southampton and Reading sides which went up.

Cardiff have a deeper squad than southampton and reading had, and also have the quality of whittingham, bellamy, Gunnarsson, Turner, hudson etc.

With Hull they probably also have a deeper squad, but they also have the surprise factor of playing with a 3-5-2, a formation only they and wigan use.

But in the last few years the Premier League has an off season where there isn't much investment, then the following is where the money is spent. I think quite a bit might be thrown about next season before FFP really kicks in and therefore I think Southampton have got away with it. The top clubs are going to spend big this coming season I think, so the likes of Hull and Cardiff will get slapped every week if they can't keep up.

Centre Back - Alex Pearce & Miguel Vitor

Left Back - Aaron Cresswell or Adam Smith

Central Midfielder - Nathaniel Chalobah or Stephen Gleeson

Attacking Midfielder - George Boyd or Johnnie Jackson

Strikers - Simeon Jackson or Johnny Russell

LB - Martin Olsson (Blackburn) - Sweden's left back. Blackburn's best player this season according to my mate who's a Blackburn fan.

LM - Bakary Sako (Wolves) - Flair winger, pace to match Dyer, better end product and has a mean finish.

CM - Liam Bridcutt (Brighton) - Just watch his performance against us, Scholes like player never gives the ball away cheaply.

CB - Miles Addison (Bournemouth) - Good depth player, strong in the air, quick, doesn't hoof from the back and looks to build the play.

ST - Jelle Vossen (Genk) - Belgian international, proper goal scorer would compliment Wood and Schlupp very well.

Agree with Liam Bridcutt, although, we aren't lacking in the centre of the park this kid was brilliant against us. For only 21 or so he was a cut above the rest in that game, very composed on the ball and as you say very rarely gave the ball away. As for Jelle Vossen, all I know about him is that he is decent on football manager...

Agree with Liam Bridcutt, although, we aren't lacking in the centre of the park this kid was brilliant against us. For only 21 or so he was a cut above the rest in that game, very composed on the ball and as you say very rarely gave the ball away. As for Jelle Vossen, all I know about him is that he is decent on football manager...

Dug this video out.

Archived