Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Who would Pearson sign - 2013/14

By your logic Charlton are better than us. (albeit they are not bad, but you would be pressed to find someone on the forum who would say they are a better side than us)

Lamby... If he were allowed in the main forum hah!

I think as everyone has said we've got the basis/spine of a half decent squad.

Schmeichel will need back up in case he gets injured. It'd be nice if a keeper came in to compete with him or an older head to pass on experience - Sorensen maybe? He'll be 3rd choice now at Stoke once Butland leaves Brum.

De Laet is a good and improving right back who is backed up capably by Liam Moore. Don't see any issues there but wouldn't moan if Kyle Naughton came in on loan again.

Konchesky needs replacing. He's a 6/10 player who I'd use as a squad player but nothing more. This needs a long term solution. Jonathan Parr looks a player at Palace. We went in for him before and can't see why we wouldn't/shouldn't again.

Would love to see Keane back at CB. Him and Morgan look solid and are beginning to build up a good partnership. Whitbread is a capable replacement and I wouldn't complain at SSL staying as 4th choice. As mentioned Alex Pearce would also be nice if SSL leaves or Keane doesn't come back.

King, James and Drinkwater are all capable midfielders but I'd like to see someone with creativity and someone to protect the back line come in ahead of them into the starting 11. Doubt it'd be a popular choice but Joey Barton would presumably be leaving QPR this summer. The other more obvious options have been mentioned already in Bridcutt and Trotter. My ideal would be Chalobah and Mark Davies.

In Knocky we have an option of real quality. Adding Sako into that mix would be dynamite. Marshall on his day is a really good player and Dyer's pace will cause even Premiership defender's problems. I'd love to see Andros Townsend here as well as he's been more or less the only performer for QPR this season.

On their day Wood and Nugent are lethal and whilst Schlupp has a lot to learn (especially composure and decision making) he's improving rapidly and looks a real prospect. Would still love to see another striker come in with a proven record in the Prem to challenge as well mind.

Who do you think is needed to bolster our squad?

My view is the following:

James Chester

Almen Abdi

Perhaps a winger

Possibly a left back

With these we would definantly get promotion!

Why would Chester come to us when he'll be in the prem next season?

I think your a mad man, firstly Hull will most likely secure promotion so Chester will have premiership football, secondly Abdi is in line for a shot at promotion with watford through the play-off's! don't see why either of them would join us anyway.

We don't know what league we'll be in so how can we say what players will be good to sign in the summer. People will could quite easily change their opinion of what players are good enough from the prem in the next 5 games (I know I have done over the course of the season).

Everybody needs to chill and wait until the season is over, one way or another before speculating on what is to come.

Keane on a year long loan, failing that there's a Stoke defender being released can't remember what his name is without looking it up, but I think he's more than useful enough for this division.

Keeper if someone comes in for Schmeichel.

Left back regardless of what happens.

CM with experience, I'm tempted to say Phil Neville

Wellens, Beckford, Gally, Danns & Konch to leave.

Squad for next season (If we're in the Championship)

GK: Schmeichel, Westwood

RB: De Laet, Halford

CB: Morgan, Keane (Season Long Loan), Whitbread, Hobbs

LB: M Alonso, Parr

RW: Knockaert, Marshall

CM: James, King, Drinkwater, Mark Davies, Bridcutt

LW: Sako, Dyer, Adomah

FW: Wood, Nugent, Schlupp, Austin, Pope

Leaving: Logan, St Ledger, Konchesky, Gallagher, Danns, Vardy, Beckford

I'd love us to go in for David Vaughan at Sunderland. Experienced, good pro, great passing ability, creative and can put in a tackle too. Doesn't get the recognition he should up there and I reckon he'd kill it in the Champ.

11 new players might be over doing it

By your logic Charlton are better than us. (albeit they are not bad, but you would be pressed to find someone on the forum who would say they are a better side than us)

You're forgetting Lamby.

I'm guessing you've not seen Tom Pope play much? He's not like Lambert or Holt who made the step up. He's had 1 good season in League 2 and he'll be 28 in the summer. No thanks.

Oh and as peach0000 said, I don't think we need 12 new players (if you're counting Keane). Thank god you're not the manager

Archived