Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Who would Pearson sign - 2013/14

Yeah and Wigan have been flirting with relegation and getting hammered all season playing 3-5-2. They've got better players than Hull too.

Wigan also have better players than Southampton, but the saints are safe.

Players give it that little bit more after a promotion, for many of the hull squad it will be the best career change thus far, for many wigan players the effect of playing in the premier league has wore off.

Why? I think Etuhu has improved quite a bit since his loan spell with us five years ago and Harewood, despite his age, was a massive threat when Barnsley beat us 2-0.

It's either an experienced striker or an experienced midfielder that we desperately need.

You are aware that both waghorn and vardy have more goals than harewood right??

As for Etuhu, he has played 24 league games this season and is yet to score.

Would much rather try and sign Lee Tomlin and Bakary Sako....

Both have reached double figures in both goals and assists this season, they would add creativity to our side.

Imagine this...

...........James......King

.Knocky.....Tomlin......Sako

...................Wood

I would say that all 6 of those players are capable of 10 goals in a season. That is one hell of an attacking threat, without the likes of schlupp, dyer, nuge etc.

I thought Craig Davies looked good for Bolton the other night - fast, quick and a really accurate shot..would add a bit of edge up front which Wood, Nugent and Schlupp lack...

suggested him at the start of the season and got the 'no better than waghorn' reply.

well then....

agree with people saying bakary sako, he's looked a class act every time i've seen him.

i'd also like, regardless of whether we go up (which i think is unlikely) or not, to see adam le fondre bought in. adkins doesn't seem to play him much and he's proved he can get goals in both the premiership and the championship. i don't think he'd cost much, either. though if he does leave, i reckon mcdermott would try to take him to leeds. but he'd be a good bet for me.

Not sure about le fondre, don't think he brings much other than the odd goal.

Sako would be great but i'm sure he'll be in top demand and i'm not sure we have the money anymore to break the bank.

It all depends on the outcome at the bottom of the table, I'd love it if we could get a few players from one or more of the relegated teams, as they're likely to be forced to cut their own wage bill.

Goalkeepers: Westwood, Jason Steele, Luke Steele

Don't forget Remington Steele.

They aren't the answers, especially Harewood you really have to be joking with that.

Plus Harewood was on the bench when we played Barnsley, and didn't come on ;)

lol

Etuhu and Harewood cutting it in the Prem?

Don't forget Remington Steele.

Steeley Dan?

Steelie Span?

lol

Hilarious, he was probably thinking what players we should sign if we stay in the Championship like I was, but those two shouts are shocking.

Harewood :crylaugh:

Even if we have to get some cheap players, we can get better cheap players than Marlon Harewood.

He's got the right core of players at the club at the minute. We need 2/3 more players to get us that bit further.

Sorry Bert, but I cannot agree, We have an average bunch of players,an average manager, are an average Championship side, and not capable of getting promoted this season or next.

I wish I could say differently.

lol

That's not what this thread is about, is it?

I thought of Harewood as an addition to our existing strikeforce, and naturally not a replacement for Wood or Nugent.

Also, he's got plenty of Premier League experience.

And as for Etuhu, I thought of him as a winger, a midfielder who can support our attacks through the flanks (similar to Dyer, but on the right side).

We already have enough strikers at the moment.

Sorry Bert, but I cannot agree, We have an average bunch of players,an average manager, are an average Championship side, and not capable of getting promoted this season or next.

I wish I could say differently.

lol

Aah, I was waiting for good old Mr. Misery to mark his return to this forum with a wonderful, elaborate explanation of our shortcomings.

Good for you that the "average squad" you're referring to managed to get as far up as second place in this division at one point.

That was before the inexperience showed and the form declined.

Of course we're capable of being promoted this season. Whether we will be is another matter entirely.

That's not what this thread is about, is it?

I thought of Harewood as an addition to our existing strikeforce, and naturally not a replacement for Wood or Nugent.

Also, he's got plenty of Premier League experience.

And as for Etuhu, I thought of him as a winger, a midfielder who can support our attacks through the flanks (similar to Dyer, but on the right side).

We already have enough strikers at the moment.

Harewood is shit, League 1 quality not even that.

Thinking of him as an option and as a Leicester City player, is flaming hilarious.

Simeon Jackson would be a good option, because he is out of contract at the end of the season, and with Norwich signing Wolfswinkel I doubt he will stay.

lol

Aah, I was waiting for good old Mr. Misery to mark his return to this forum with a wonderful, elaborate explanation of our shortcomings.

Good for you that the "average squad" you're referring to managed to get as far up as second place in this division at one point.

That was before the inexperience showed and the form declined.

Of course we're capable of being promoted this season. Whether we will be is another matter entirely.

I agree with DT.

I can't help feeling that some of our fans (fair play to Bert, I rate his posts) are feeling our squad is better than it really is.

Don't forget that we only went away to Barnsley a few weeks ago (currently languishing in the relegation places) and got played off the park.

This squad, even with a couple of good additions, I fear would get pretty mullered in the Prem.

We aren't as good as Southampton and West Ham were. They could afford only to make a few changes and cut it in the Prem. I'm not sure we could?

I agree with DT.

I can't help feeling that some of our fans (fair play to Bert, I rate his posts) are feeling our squad is better than it really is.

Don't forget that we only went away to Barnsley a few weeks ago (currently languishing in the relegation places) and got played off the park.

This squad, even with a couple of good additions, I fear would get pretty mullered in the Prem.

We aren't as good as Southampton and West Ham were. They could afford only to make a few changes and cut it in the Prem. I'm not sure we could?

Yeah, but I don't think you're in the right thread. Up until now, we were talking about whether or not the players we have are good enough to get us promoted.

Of course, the squad would definitely need strengthening in the summer. With or without promotion.

Yeah, but I don't think you're in the right thread. Up until now, we were talking about whether or not the players we have are good enough to get us promoted.

Of course, the squad would definitely need strengthening in the summer. With or without promotion.

?

This is the who would Pearson sign thread..

I think Col knows which thread he's posting in, he started it.

I agree with DT.

Don't forget that we only went away to Cardiff a few week ago (currently champions of the league) and played them off the park.

This league is all about gaining points off anyone, unlike the premier league you do not target teams (wigan, reading, QPR) to gain points off, instead you target a points total. Don't forget, Peterborough (a team fighting off relegation) have done the double over the champions.

In fact if you remember, we also did the double over southampton, who looked rather average when they went up.

Archived