Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

Sell outs

We had a sell out when we first moved to the Walkers, We played West Ham in the PL, first game of the season as well I think...

The first match at the Walkers was Watford in Division 2 (the season of Administration and promotion that got Neil Walnut so excited). I think it was a sell-out match though.

That's depressing, only winning 3 home games that season and 6 in total. We did beat Man City at COMS though lol.

Man City: Stuhr-Ellegaard, Jihai, Distin, Dunne, Tarnat, Berkovic, Sibierski, McManaman, Barton (Bosvelt 61), Anelka, Wanchope (Fowler 61).

Subs not used: Weaver, Sommeil, Macken.

Booked: Distin, Bosvelt.

Hardly the team they have now. lol How time changes.

Man City: Stuhr-Ellegaard, Jihai, Distin, Dunne, Tarnat, Berkovic, Sibierski, McManaman, Barton (Bosvelt 61), Anelka, Wanchope (Fowler 61).

Oh shit, really? I thought they had the same squad.

Still pretty decent tbf.

I'm sure neither of them were sell outs. Forest was about 29000

Forest was a sell-out, I remember the signs at the ticket office.

Derby was about 28-29,000.

Where have those attendances gone?

Won't have one at this ground again until we go up or have a season definer. Any fixture that might sell out is ruined by platinum pricing.

Home leg of the play-offs will be pretty close if we get there I'd expect.

Forest was a sell-out, I remember the signs at the ticket office.

Derby was about 28-29,000.

Where have those attendances gone?

We had 26k for Swansea, 29k v Derby, 28k for WBA, 27k for Plymouth, 30k for Newcastle, 31k for Forest, 30k for Middlesbrough.

Excellent crowds for several games, a world away from this season.

We had 26k for Swansea, 29k v Derby, 28k for WBA, 27k for Plymouth, 30k for Newcastle, 31k for Forest, 30k for Middlesbrough.

I loved that season. It wasn't just the numbers but the mood around the ground was so much better.

Pricing and expectations being exceeded were the main reasons for this in my opinion.

We've been expected to storm the league for two seasons according to the press and have failed to do so, and the ticket prices are hideously dear.

That's all I can attribute it to.

I loved that season though, was a pleasure to be in the stadium for a lot of the games you've mentioned.

Archived