Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Leicester 1-2 Watford Post Match

So how do you get around the embargo ? And do you really think your current side is good enough ?

It's not necessarily an embargo, we just need permission from the football league to sign players, it's a nothing punishment really.

1) If we're up I'm assuming the football league will have no control over who we sign.

2) The PL won't want to degrade their reputation as a top European league so there won't be any embargos on us from them it's almost guaranteed really.

3) If we stay down, the embargo is a financial one. Considering we can afford to sign the loanees on a free transfer it's not going to be much of an issue.

1) assuming is not a good position and I am not an expert on the the rules and to whom they apply

2) see above

3) from what you have stated you beleive that the loanees can and will sign for you of their own free will. So being a free agent is irrelevant ? They will have little or no interest in other offers. And if they are not free agents then who will deterhmine ther fee due, again are players not going to be interested in other offers ?

From what I have picked up on the media I was under the impression that there is a transfer embargo which will last untill the end of the transfer window at the start of the 12/14 season and players can only be signed with the consent of the league. A figure of 13 players left has been suggested

I think its case of wait and see - who knows what the FA/FL will do - they change rules and regulations each week it seems.

The players are supposed to be keen to sign pernament deals with us like forestieri has but yes its probably fair to say that is certain given they are modern day footballers no doubt with agents always looking for the better deal!

I certainly wouldn't want to pin all our hopes on the likes of Vydra and Abdi joining..particulary if we don't go up - afterall you are right to say they and the Pozzos might get better offers from elsewhere.

We will have to look elsewhere I am sure as we did with Fitz Hall and Almunia.

Some of the loan players aren't that great anyway and would be a total waste of space to keep!

What that aimed at my comment or generally becaue of the 3 Watford trolls on here?

To be fair,you have always come over as a decent bloke,its unfortunate that a fellow supporter has chosen a name similar to yours,so you might get some flak not meant for you.

Over 800 posts and always fine,don't worry.

FA Cup semi final? Bit optimistic by your clubs standards.

Change your name to Frankie Zzzzzzzzzzzzz,because you've bored me.

You and the other children from Watford are getting a decent Watford poster Super_horns some undue flak,if your quick you can get down to the Legostore in the Harlequin for a play!

It's not necessarily an embargo, we just need permission from the football league to sign players, it's a nothing punishment really.

1) If we're up I'm assuming the football league will have no control over who we sign.

2) The PL won't want to degrade their reputation as a top European league so there won't be any embargos on us from them it's almost guaranteed really.

3) If we stay down, the embargo is a financial one. Considering we can afford to sign the loanees on a free transfer it's not going to be much of an issue.

you are aware that the new FA rules regarding owners owning more than one club, is likely to result in players unable to move to each other.

Therefore you will not be able to sign players like abdi, vydra etc. Unless your owner decides to....

a) Sell Udinese

b) Sell watford

So tell me.....how do you intend to sign any of these players?

That is a new one I've not heard but if your right then fair enough.

As I say we'll have to see - not convinced like some of my fans most will want to stay - certainly if we don't go up and it would be dangerous for us to rely on a number of loan players.

This season we've had too many anyway TBH - some have just be squad fillers.

We've probably only used a core of 4/5 in the starting line-up which is the accepted domestic number I believe?

As I say we'll have to see - not convinced like some of my fans most will want to stay - certainly if we don't go up.

Who Is the most highly rated out of the lot of them? I'm guessing Vydra? Abdi and forrestieri seem good too

Who Is the most highly rated out of the lot of them? I'm guessing Vydra? Abdi and forrestieri seem good too

He is the only one who has signed a pernament deal.

You are right with the other 2 and at the back Ekstrand.

Casseti is very useful and uses his experience well.

As I say we'll have to see - not convinced like some of my fans most will want to stay - certainly if we don't go up.

Personally cannot see the likes of Abdi wanting to stay, as he played the majority of games in Serie a last year for Udinese.

Maybe Vydra, but why would Udinese want to let go of a good young player??

But like i said, it is likely that the FA are looking to refuse transfers between clubs owned by the same owner, hence they have place you under a transfer embargo, and it may even go as far as blocking the Forrestieri (?) transfer.

Don't get me wrong, im not some 'jealous' fan, i am just saying it as i see it. If it turns out you are no longer able to sign players from Udinese and Granada i can see your side really struggling next year, whether in this league or the premier league.

Do you think your owners would pull out? After all, it is clear they intend to use Watford as a feeder club to promote the talent of the other clubs they own. They do not seem the sort of owners who would be willing to spend a lot to rebuild your side next season if they cannot use their already owned players.

But like i said, it is likely that the FA are looking to refuse transfers between clubs owned by the same owner, hence they have place you under a transfer embargo, and it may even go as far as blocking the Forrestieri (?) transfer.

That was all to do with Bassini and what he did with regard to money gained from the Danny Graham sale though so the current owners weren't involved in that situation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21829894

Your right to say Vydra will attract interest elsewhere and his agent has been touting him around..also to point out they aren't big spenders and do look to develop talent and sell it on rather than spend millions so I guess a lack of loan players would concern them!

Yes from Granada though.

Born in Scotland with Romanian and Iranian parents!

Is very quck but not really a defender and crossing can be a bit suspect - like Pudli on the other side.

Yeah just googled him. Started out at Wycombe and Northampton! Had an interesting looking career haha. Was very impressed with him on Friday, can't say I've seen him play ever before though so I'll take your word for it. You looking to keep him or is he wanting to stay in Spain?

No idea - all these players have their own agents so whilst there might be good intentions on the Pozzos to ensure these guys sign pernament deals (although I agree with the point made that surely Udinese would want somebody like Vydra/Abdi themselves..) we all know what those greedy little money grabbers can do to a players mind!

There has been the usual PR of "we like it hear and its enjoyable"...

lol

If my life was so empty I still felt the need to troll an opposition's forum four days after winning a game of football, I'd be hooking up the hosepipe to my exhaust.

Archived