Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
peach0000

Michael Keane Replacement

Is this the same St Ledger that was Ireland's best player at the Euros, the same player that has been in great form for Ireland?

Plus 3 goals in 34 games at international level is pretty good for a CB.

About time your stopped creaming your undies over WM and MK for a change.

Who gives a toss what he's done for Ireland - what's he ever done for us? In two seasons for us he's been injured and out on the piss for the most part, and when he has played he's been bang average. And if you're going to talk about Euro 2012 - he was part of the defence which conceded the most goals in the whole tournament (9 goals - no other team conceded more than 5 in their groups) and his team finished rock bottom of their group. Just because you play for a shit international team doesn't make you a good player.

About time you stopped creaming your undies over one of the most average CB's the club has ever seen.

The one name that has not been said is Alex Baptiste. Linked with him in january. Experianced at this level and is out of conract at the end of the season, could get him on a free.

Solid defender , worth a try

If we can't sign him permanently, I'd like to try to get Keane on a year long loan.

Failing that we need to get someone in!!!

One thing's for sure is that it can be a player who thinks they have the right to pick the team like SSL & we can do much much better than this lower Championship player anyway, who's only ever looked half useful in a relegated Preston side... and considering when he was awarded a contract with us, gawd knows how much he's on.

I remain confused at the St.Ledger bashing.

I'm still pretty convinced that the Morgan/ St. Ledger partnership was the best we've had this season.

I do admit he's injury prone which is a major problem.

When fit I've always considered him a pretty good CB at this level.

I though Curtis Davies looked very good against us recently. I don't know how precarious Birmingham's finances are (probably no more than ours!), but they may be open to offers for their players. A partnership of Wes and Davies would be very strong in the Champ.

I though Curtis Davies looked very good against us recently. I don't know how precarious Birmingham's finances are (probably no more than ours!), but they may be open to offers for their players. A partnership of Wes and Davies would be very strong in the Champ.

A good shout, he obviously chose Prem over us, but now he's not in the Prem you never know.

I wasn't his biggest fan whilst he was here, we looked far from solid - although our style didn't help, but in a settled side he can obviously do a job.

The only fly in the ointment is the two club's momentum, sure that when we played Brum a couple of weeks ago, Foxblogger Tweeted that Birmingham had got more points than us since November, what's to say he's not better off where he is?

PS. Best username ever!!!!

I think Keane's a fantastic prospect but I don't think he's ready for the Prem yet at all, let alone United. Marking from set-pieces leaves a lot to be desired at times - another year at this level bulking up, continuing to learn and getting his hands dirty would do him the world of good, in my opinion.

Who gives a toss what he's done for Ireland - what's he ever done for us? In two seasons for us he's been injured and out on the piss for the most part, and when he has played he's been bang average. And if you're going to talk about Euro 2012 - he was part of the defence which conceded the most goals in the whole tournament (9 goals - no other team conceded more than 5 in their groups) and his team finished rock bottom of their group. Just because you play for a shit international team doesn't make you a good player.

About time you stopped creaming your undies over one of the most average CB's the club has ever seen.

I give you Wayne "Enoch" Brown!

As if Keanes good enough to start on Uniteds bench. We'll get him back on loan for sure if we want him.

I thought that Ferguson had a strategy of not sending a player to the same team twice?

I thought that Ferguson had a strategy of not sending a player to the same team twice?

He does. We wont see Keane play for us again after Forest.

I'd like us to persist with Liam Moore and Wes as the partnership. Moore would have learnt alot this year and hopefully will get the chance. Would love to see George Taft get a go too.

Isnt he 18 or something?

Definetely going to be great in the future but probably wasted by Chelsea.

yeah something like that, on the fringes of the first team at Chelsea but as you say he'll probably be wasted. A season on loan in the championship would be good for all parties

Archived