Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
peach0000

Michael Keane Replacement

Whitbread gives us something we need - real dominance in our own box. I think that's a given for teams to succeed in this league. He was always playing catch-up this season with fitness after missing pre-season and then having various injuries. If he could forge a partnership with Wes, we can possibly afford to take a look at our own youngsters like Taft and Moore and ease them in via the bench. Guess it depends how much money we have to play with and whether a purchase or top loan is feasible or not. Suspect his injury record means we will probably need one more experienced player. Just soooooo don't want it to be the vastly overrated SSL. Curtis D would be fabulous.

I also think Zak is a very good player but I just don't think he'll ever be fit enough to be our first choice unfortunately.

We should steer well clear of that one. Used to being relegated, had issues at the clubs he's been at, not all that great anyway, should leave well alone.

Fair enough Corky you seem to be in the know

:thumbup:

I just remember he was pretty sought after a couple of seasons back?

I'd definitely have Curtis Davies. A CB pairing of him and Wes looks very strong to me - possibly the best in the division. He also seems a decent enough guy and would probably contribute to a good team spirit.

Would he come to us? Maybe. I think we've a better chance of promotion than Birmigham and he already has some link to us (albeit not much of a link).

Strange thing to say maybe but I've long considered Curtis Davies to be a bit suspect defensively. Lovely player with the ball, and quick no doubt, but he sometimes seems to get his positional play wrong. And Brum have shipped plenty of goals this season with Davies in the side.

Regarding Whitbread, personally I'd have had him in the team over the last couple of months.

Hopefully the pre-season will help sort out Whitbread's fitness problems. He hasn't impressed much for us yet, but he did a good job for Norwich last season in the PL - he'll be a good player for us if/when fully fit.

Fair enough Corky you seem to be in the know

:thumbup:

I just remember he was pretty sought after a couple of seasons back?

I'm not "in the know", but he was at Birmingham in 2011 (relegated), Wolves last season (relegated) and this season (virtually relegated). Would we want someone who is so used to losing games?

Discipline issues: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/wolverhampton-wanderers/9129997/Roger-Johnson-puts-his-Wolves-future-in-doubt-after-turning-up-drunk-for-training.html

I would get Zakuani from p'boro. Only shining light for them this year.

He's tall, quick and chips in with some goals. Him and wes would be unstoppable

As an added bonus, he's also rather amusing on twitter!

Strange thing to say maybe but I've long considered Curtis Davies to be a bit suspect defensively. Lovely player with the ball, and quick no doubt, but he sometimes seems to get his positional play wrong. And Brum have shipped plenty of goals this season with Davies in the side.

Regarding Whitbread, personally I'd have had him in the team over the last couple of months.

He might be I don't really know. He seemed good enough when he was with us, perhaps he isn't as good as I think. Scored five for Brum last season though! Might be a good sub to bring on if Nugent's having a bad game! :P

Personally I'm not a fan of Whitbread, just doesn't do it for me and I have to say I'd much prefer Davies over him.

Harry Maguire from sheff utd, young and upcoming defender, I think weve been linked with him already failing that then gorkss from reading maybe? with Moore being used more in central defence next season I think as him and wes play well together?

What is the main man doing nowadays?

Can't remember his name, good player though, only made about 20 appearances, before some top class team signed him up.

Damn it's bugging me :angry:

Darren O'Dea from Toronto FC might be available. Has plenty of experience at this level with Leeds and Ipswich and also played for Celtic and Ireland.

Slow player, he is in Toronto for a reason, SSL is in the Ireland set up ahead of him and many Ireland fans regard SSL gaining 30+ caps as a sign of present weakness in that position, where previously McGrath, McCarthy, Moran, Lawrenson, Dunne etc would have been available.

O'Dea looked like a real player in the Champions League vs AC Milan in his early stages but he lacks that bit of pace, pity, he had many of the other attributes for a better

career but Reading, Leeds and Ipswich have all passed on signing him at this level.

Slow player, he is in Toronto for a reason, SSL is in the Ireland set up ahead of him and many Ireland fans regard SSL gaining 30+ caps as a sign of present weakness in that position, where previously McGrath, McCarthy, Moran, Lawrenson, Dunne etc would have been available.

O'Dea looked like a real player in the Champions League vs AC Milan in his early stages but he lacks that bit of pace, pity, he had many of the other attributes for a better

career but Reading, Leeds and Ipswich have all passed on signing him at this level.

Is this the same St Ledger that was Ireland's best player at the Euros, the same player that has been in great form for Ireland?

Plus 3 goals in 34 games at international level is pretty good for a CB.

About time your stopped creaming your undies over WM and MK for a change.

Is this the same St Ledger that was Ireland's best player at the Euros, the same player that has been in great form for Ireland?

Plus 3 goals in 34 games at international level is pretty good for a CB.

About time your stopped creaming your undies over WM and MK for a change.

not the most impressive achievement in fairness

Archived