Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
peach0000

What if the owners leave

I was just thinking what would happen if the owners decide they have had enough. With all the debt it can't end well and eventually they might say they have had enough. If leicester don't end up getting promoted i fear this is a real possibility. It could leave us in free fall in my opinion.

For them to leave they will have to sell the club. That means somebody else buying the club (with any debt etc included in the deal). Whoever buys the club will then be in charge. Whether the new owners are good or bad will determine whether we're ok or not.

Also the ownership of the club is within the King Power holdings so they can't abandon the club they would have to find a buyer if they wanted rid, this gives us very good financial security for a football club especially considering our turnover and high outgoings

All of the above.

We've seen nothing from the owners to suggest they're the cut-and-run sort, quite the opposite in fact. They've invested heavily in intertwining the Leicester City and King Power brands in their domestic market and have purchased the stadium, invested well in players and are seen regularly at matches.

I imagine the spending will slow down, it has to with FFP, but they won't be going anywhere in the foreseeable.

Let's be honest as well, compared to that tit at Cardiff they're actually reasonable owners. Some of the decisions have been questionable; I didn't like the renaming of the stadium, liked the removal of LCFC legends from the banners around it even less and question how much football knowledge the hierarchy has. However, they don't interfere with playing matters too much and haven't done anything completely barmy yet a la Venky's and Vincent Tan.

All of the above.

We've seen nothing from the owners to suggest they're the cut-and-run sort, quite the opposite in fact. They've invested heavily in intertwining the Leicester City and King Power brands in their domestic market and have purchased the stadium, invested well in players and are seen regularly at matches.

I imagine the spending will slow down, it has to with FFP, but they won't be going anywhere in the foreseeable.

Let's be honest as well, compared to that tit at Cardiff they're actually reasonable owners. Some of the decisions have been questionable; I didn't like the renaming of the stadium, liked the removal of LCFC legends from the banners around it even less and question how much football knowledge the hierarchy has. However, they don't interfere with playing matters too much and haven't done anything completely barmy yet a la Venky's and Vincent Tan.

A sound analysis.

I'm not a fan of foreign ownership myself but I think if we had to have foreign owners, then we've definitely got one of the best in England if you ask me. I think they have some of the right intentions, but their execution has suffered through poor choices and to be honest, through bad luck.

I bet if they could turn the clock back, they wouldn't have bothered, but they'd take a huge hit now if they walked which is why they won't.

I used to worry about this.

Then I saw them doing up the training ground, buying the stadium etc etc and realised this is a longer term business project than I had given them credit for.

I actually think in the grander scheme of things we are fortunate to have these owners, they are building something that feels genuinely long term.

I used to worry about this.

Then I saw them doing up the training ground, buying the stadium etc etc and realised this is a longer term business project than I had given them credit for.

I actually think in the grander scheme of things we are fortunate to have these owners, they are building something that feels genuinely long term.

This is the most sense you have posted in a long while, it really is a crime that they got took in so easily at the start of their tenure

The biggest risk to LCFC is if King Power Holdings itself gets into financial trouble through say losing the duty free monopoly they have or who they might eventually sell us to. We are now just a business that can be bought and sold and therefore subject to same risks as any other business especially now that the fan based income doesn't guarantee to balance their books like it did in the past.

If they leave, then so be it!

They get as much as we do out of the club.

It gives them a platform for publicity in the UK and raises their profile.

Do you honestly think they are here because they love LCFC?

I'm sure there nice people but in life you get nowt for nowt.

Great that they are backing us, but if they ever want out, then thank you and move on.

What if my girlfriend doesn't love me

You have a girlfriend...........wonders will never cease....... :blink:

Back to topic, the thias have pumped plenty of ca$h, by various means, we will probably now have to live within our means!! Times will be tough but i dont see them leaving us

Rather worrying is that the king power stadium is going to be called the Leicester City stadium for the 2015 rugby world cup. Surely you would think the Thais would want to keep the name of the stadium king power as it is a global name and will be televised world wide? Are they possibly thinking of selling by 2015?

Rather worrying is that the king power stadium is going to be called the Leicester City stadium for the 2015 rugby world cup. Surely you would think the Thais would want to keep the name of the stadium king power as it is a global name and will be televised world wide? Are they possibly thinking of selling by 2015?

That is rather worrying...

Fortunately for us the owners arnt in a position to just up and leave. They've invested way too much into the club. As other people have said the only way that'll happen is if they sell to somebody else, and who else is crazy enough to take that on?!?

Archived