Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AdamN

Flags

I'm all too aware that the club can be extremely heavy handed when it comes to things like flags, but does anyone really know what they'll let you get away with? Gonna try and dig out one from a few years ago which is about a meter wide with a flimsy meter long wooden pole, so am I likely to have this terrifying instrument of death confiscated on my way in/in the stands? Perhaps they'll think I'm wielding a giant ASBO and remove my sorry ass with it too...

Also, anyone with similar plans for tomorrow? Would be great to see the stands filled with flags and banners, along with the confetti and whatever else you might have up your sleeves.

I plan to take mine, will be up at the back of SK1 hanging on the clear sheeting, Blue and White cross as I hate fword so can't have a st.georges with red on it.

Reads Leicester City through the middle with Pride of the Midlands in the corners, it's not been out for a while. not got a fire safety certificate so lets see if it stays up.

Does anyone remember those flags that they gave out a few years ago? (Black plastic pole, royal blue with the club crest in the middle)

How about people just resurrect them?

Then in theory there shouldn't be any problem on the way in. Having said that I can still forsee a few conversations such as this taking place:

Steward: "Can't bring that in mate?"

"Why?"

Steward: "Not safe. Fire certificate, health and safety blah blah blah"

"The club gave them out in this very stadium a few years ago!"

Steward: "Oh"

I plan to take mine, will be up at the back of SK1 hanging on the clear sheeting, Blue and White cross as I hate fword so can't have a st.georges with red on it.

Reads Leicester City through the middle with Pride of the Midlands in the corners, it's not been out for a while. not got a fire safety certificate so lets see if it stays up.

Or goes up.

Actually why don't you just make your own fire safety cirtificate, stick the leicester fire brigade logo at the top and its as good as official.

Does anyone remember those flags that they gave out a few years ago? (Black plastic pole, royal blue with the club crest in the middle)

This is what I'm taking... It hasn't got the plastic pole on anymore because I pin it on my wall, but I was going to put it in my pocket tomorrow and then get it out etc if we score/win. It's not as big as usual flags.

Did think it'd mainly be the pole causing the issue, and if I can do it without damaging it then I'll probably remove it. Can't wave it about as much like that, though.

Just gotta hope I can find it, first. It's from Wembley '97!

Then in theory there shouldn't be any problem on the way in. Having said that I can still forsee a few conversations such as this taking place:

Steward: "Can't bring that in mate?"

"Why?"

Steward: "Not safe. Fire certificate, health and safety blah blah blah"

"The club gave them out in this very stadium a few years ago!"

Steward: "Oh"

I have over 20 over them!!

previously had them taken down but have taken them in since with no hassle so should be alright

:thumbup: I think I'll just pocket mine and unfurl it during the game just to be safe. It's quite a small one anyway.

(It's a good job I quoted you to put that sentence into context!)

Archived