Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
An Away Move

Zola's Achilles Heel?

Personally think his achilles heel is his tactics.

People criticize NP, but the italian seems clueless. Did he not drop many of their first team when they went to bristol this year and lost? Would have finished second if we wasn't such a fool.

He also didn't bring on their forrestieri (sp) until right at the end,  i thought he and abdi were their most creative players?

He was talking about the game... could you see us scoring? We didn't create anything particularly clear cut and had resorted to hoof ball going nowhere in the second half.

I didn't see us scoring!!!

We had several clear cut chances. I know they did as well but there were goals from both sides in it, like I said on about 70 mins, there was definitely a goal in it.

Keane, Nugent, Knocky all had great chances. We could have been 2-0 up long before the goal.

I like Zola and the way he wants his team to play football.

They were and are better than us, that said we can still beat them at Watford.

Set pieces as with last night are the key, we struggle to break sides down who sit deep then play out quickly.

If Watford go at us it can open it up in the middle of the park which will bring Nuge, Knocky into the game more.

Read about, there's so many quotes from pundits saying the best team edged it.

For me a draw would have been a fair result. I think we were lucky when Vydra spooned his best chance but we showed our class with a great ball in and a fantastic header and deserved the win.

Well guess what Franco we did score! And really that's all that matters add that to the fact you didn't and you can put that on your pizza and chew on it. I couldn't care if the ball didn't come out if our half all game and we got a last minute og to win. We won one nil now be quite and grow up.

As for the play offs being unfair, we all know the rules at the start of the season no one changed them did they? If you prefer the Italian rules you know where to go don't you.

Italians Rules: bribes,match fixing, back handers is that what Zola is saying

Think you've missed the point of the post, he's merely pointing out that the Italian rules being favoured here are in regard to the playoffs. We won't adopt the Italian way, so Zola can do one.

Think you've missed the point of the post, he's merely pointing out that the Italian rules being favoured here are in regard to the playoffs. We won't adopt the Italian way, so Zola can do one.

Don't worry I haven't missed the point, just wanted to point out the strengths of the Italian game that's all. I mean if you can't take a pop at the Italians who's left

We had several clear cut chances. I know they did as well but there were goals from both sides in it, like I said on about 70 mins, there was definitely a goal in it.

Keane, Nugent, Knocky all had great chances. We could have been 2-0 up long before the goal.

I wouldn't call any of the chances we had clear cut. A long ball falling to a centre back on the half volley is hardly an easy chance. Nuge should have hit the target, but to find the net from their wasn't easy. Can't comment on Knocky as it was the other end of the pitch, but it didn't look an easy angle at all.

We could also have been two down before the goal, as their chances were unquestionably easier chances as the players were in full control of the ball and not striking moving balls, or balls on the half volley dropping over their shoulder.

Italians Rules: bribes,match fixing, back handers is that what Zola is saying

If the amount of brown tongues at the BBC and Sky are anything to go by, you feel there have been backhanders going around somewhere.

If the amount of brown tongues at the BBC and Sky are anything to go by, you feel there have been backhanders going around somewhere.

lol

Very true, bit of a media darling is Zola

lol

Very true, bit of a media darling is Zola

I wouldn't call any of the chances we had clear cut. A long ball falling to a centre back on the half volley is hardly an easy chance. Nuge should have hit the target, but to find the net from their wasn't easy. Can't comment on Knocky as it was the other end of the pitch, but it didn't look an easy angle at all.

We could also have been two down before the goal, as their chances were unquestionably easier chances as the players were in full control of the ball and not striking moving balls, or balls on the half volley dropping over their shoulder.

Don't disagree with you very often but, Keanes was a very good chance, as was Nugents and Knockaerts.

Read about, there's so many quotes from pundits saying the best team edged it.

For me a draw would have been a fair result. I think we were lucky when Vydra spooned his best chance but we showed our class with a great ball in and a fantastic header and deserved the win.

I'm a leic fan, but even through my blue tinted glasses I could see they were the better team.

That said the better team doesn't always win cup finals or play offs, luck has a big say in that.

That's why I think we will win the play offs and go up.

Who cares as long as we win.

I think that Udinese’s achilles heel is that they are a cut out sham team of borrowed foreign mercenaries who will look around their temporary overseas posting at shabby Vicarage road in the last game at home and wonder what they are doing there. As footballers they have shown a winning mentality but are their hearts in Watford? Their fans, including ex England manager Graham Taylor, cannot be proud to support an Italian reserve team. We will show more love for our club and city and prove to have a stronger spirit and we will overcome. Show the pride.

Zola has said this a few times this season. It is a bit irritating... for us and for the opposition.

I think he's generally referring to the 2nd half... where you really didn't look like scoring. It was a goal from a set piece... but a goal nonetheless and Zola should always be prepared for something like that to happen.

It's hard to hate him though.... it's Zola! He is a great guy and anybody it'd be unfair for Watford fans to have a go at him based on what he's done for us this season.

Don't see why you would mind.. surely Zola underestimating your ability to score when it looks in control is a good thing for you?

I dont see what you guys were watching. Was it the same game as me? We were by far the better team. We bossed the first 20 minutes, as in total domination..a half chance for Nugent, then a GREAT chance for Nugent. De leat had a good header that if was anywhere else in the goal was in. The Schlupp gave them a chance(Anya only got to edge of box before being closed down..wasnt a great chance.

We continue to boss the rest of the half, Knocky was a great chance(also could of sqaured to dyer for a tap in). Keane could of brought it down or left it to Knocky behind him...these are 3 or 4 GREAT chances Vs 1 decent chance for them.

Second half, we started ok..but fair play to them they take control between 55-75..However other than Vydra's great chance, they didnt have anything else really..so overall by now we were still on the whole the better team but we needed to get back on it..Then we started bossing the game better and between 75-80 we did look better and I could see us knicking a late one because James and King started getting on the ball and passing.

We score a great header. Then the last 10 Watford were lucky not to be 2 or 3-0 down..Kane had a decent chance but hit a crap shot, Dyer nearly put knocky through and had another few crosses that nearly fell to someone..They were holding on and at that point fairly relieved to only be 1-0 down.

So on the whole we were the better team and other than a lucky hoof from Casseti that fell to Vydra, they didnt worry me at all!

If we gave them those chances again, they probably score 1..If we get the chances we got again..we probably score about 3!

I dont see what you guys were watching. Was it the same game as me? We were by far the better team. We bossed the first 20 minutes, as in total domination..a half chance for Nuge

nt, then a GREAT chance for Nugent. De leat had a good header that if was anywhere else in the goal was in. The Schlupp gave them a chance(Anya only got to edge of box before being closed down..wasnt a great chance.

We continue to boss the rest of the half, Knocky was a great chance(also could of sqaured to dyer for a tap in). Keane could of brought it down or left it to Knocky behind him...these are 3 or 4 GREAT chances Vs 1 decent chance for them.

Second half, we started ok..but fair play to them they take control between 55-75..However other than Vydra's great chance, they didnt have anything else really..so overall by now we were still on the whole the better team but we needed to get back on it..Then we started bossing the game better and between 75-80 we did look better and I could see us knicking a late one because James and King started getting on the ball and passing.

We score a great header. Then the last 10 Watford were lucky not to be 2 or 3-0 down..Kane had a decent chance but hit a crap shot, Dyer nearly put knocky through and had another few crosses that nearly fell to someone..They were holding on and at that point fairly relieved to only be 1-0 down.

So on the whole we were the better team and other than a lucky hoof from Casseti that fell to Vydra, they didnt worry me at all!

If we gave them those chances again, they probably score 1..If we get the chances we got again..we probably score about 3!

Bloody well put.

I wouldn't say we were by far the better team. We were well on top for the first 20 and the last 10, in between that it was a scrappy game with little quality and we resorted to hoofing it for the majority of the time.

Watford had less possession but looked more dangerous to me. For all our time on the ball we didn't often look like actually scoring (not with the way our strikers were playing anyway) and they probably had as many clear cut chances as us.

I don't think anyone could complain about the result, but had it been 0-0, I don't think we could have complained either.

He was talking about the game... could you see us scoring? We didn't create anything particularly clear cut and had resorted to hoof ball going nowhere in the second half.

I didn't see us scoring!!!

I agree and I think too many people are interpretting what he said as a having a crack but I thought his comments were reasonable and factual? 

Not only was Knocky's chance easy, but he had a fail-safe square pass to Dyer on for a tap-in;  Dyer was in perfect position, no opposition player in a blocking position, and he was calling for it. 

Nugent's was a fair opportunity.  The ball was marginally behind him;  he had time & space to swivel and get a good contact on it;  he took the wrong option trying a back-heel which was never going to trouble the keeper from that distance.

I agree and I think too many people are interpretting what he said as a having a crack but I thought his comments were reasonable and factual? 

Precisely. Zola has not had a go at any team this season, he's not like that.

He finally broke and has had to criticise the shit refs recently... but that's it.

Archived