Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
An Away Move

Zola's Achilles Heel?

Gianfranco Zola: "I didn't expect them to score, I didn't see that coming at any time."

It really surprised me when he said that. Has he not had us scouted when we're in form? We have goals right through our side. Let's hope he carries on thinking like that. 

It's especially great for us to get the first goal as they are not the only team that are great on the break. 

Gianfranco Zola: "I didn't expect them to score, I didn't see that coming at any time."

It really surprised me when he said that. Has he not had us scouted when we're in form?

He was talking about the game... could you see us scoring? We didn't create anything particularly clear cut and had resorted to hoof ball going nowhere in the second half.

I didn't see us scoring!!!

He was talking about the game... could you see us scoring? We didn't create anything particularly clear cut and had resorted to hoof ball going nowhere in the second half.

You didn't think we could score during the 1st half?

You didn't think we could score during the 1st half?

There is always a chance, but we weren't good in the final third, so I wasn't expecting it no.

I didn't see us carving them open as our two strikers lacked cutting edge.

I didn't see us looking like scoring in the 2nd half in which we were as bad as we were good in the first, with Kasper hoofing the ball out of the ground with ever kick..

The longer the game went on the more it looked more likely for Watford to score. Mind you the fact that Zola didn't think we looked like scoring probably influenced his tactics and substitutions and provided the opportunity.

First half we should have scored, second half we didn't look like scoring. Moral of the story is we should put away the chances we do get!

Story of our season? What has happened to Wood? - Our 'solution'. His body language looks totally depressed. Pull it out Wood!

I struggled to see us scoring too.

One thing I picked up from Zola yesterday was that on SSN in the morning he was complaining about the play-off system saying it wasn't fair. Not really the kind of thing Watford fans would want to hear, he sounds a bit scared to me.

First half we should have scored, second half we didn't look like scoring. Moral of the story is we should put away the chances we do get!

Every side should, surely?

they had twice as many chances as us in that first half when people think we should have had the game beyond doubt.

There is always a chance, but we weren't good in the final third, so I wasn't expecting it no.

We had 1 striker last night, Wood, who was bloody awful.

Nuge got in great positions twice in the first half and should have done better with one of them... Just like Vydra should with his clear cut chance.

He's a smug Italian dwarf. He tried playing mind games with Steve Bruce about pressure in the last few games. Screwed the pooch on that one!

Aye, when Steve Bruce said "Congratulations to Gianfranco Zola" in a recent press conference I laughed lol

Zola always comes across as a genuinely very positive and optimistic man. Which was why I enjoyed seeing his clearly forced optimism after the match.

If we could just score 1st on Sunday it would be immense. I could see them cracking. Let's have it the easy way just for once, eh fellas?

To be fair, some of the chances we were creating could've been scored by a well positioned and angled brick wall. The front two just weren't getting on the end of anything in the first half.

they had twice as many chances as us in that first half when people think we should have had the game beyond doubt.

We had 1 striker last night, Wood, who was bloody awful.

Nuge got in great positions twice in the first half and should have done better with one of them... Just like Vydra should with his clear cut chance.

Can't disagree with that. But I think first half we created two very good chances (Nugent and Keane) that should have been burried. I think we created four good chances first half whereas their two notable chances, that I rememember, came from a poor Schlupp clearance. So yes I could see us scoring first half but second half I didn't.

We seem to resort to route one at times, with Kaspers kicks flying straight out of play. When Wood did bring the ball down and nobody would be there to feed off him.

Did they? I really don't remember it like that. Thought we had the upper hand personally.

In addition most of the chances they had were gifted to them, we created our chances ourselves - now I know that doesn't matter much but it shows who was creating more.

I like Zola and the way he wants his team to play football.

They were and are better than us, that said we can still beat them at Watford.

Set pieces as with last night are the key, we struggle to break sides down who sit deep then play out quickly.

If Watford go at us it can open it up in the middle of the park which will bring Nuge, Knocky into the game more.

I like Zola and the way he wants his team to play football.

They were and are better than us, that said we can still beat them at Watford.

Set pieces as with last night are the key, we struggle to break sides down who sit deep then play out quickly.

If Watford go at us it can open it up in the middle of the park which will bring Nuge, Knocky into the game more.

No, they weren't better than us. Maybe they are better than us but everyone goes on about them like they are Barcelona. Last night we had 3 Golden chances - Nugent, Keane and Knocky's shot which was saved. They had the Vydra chance, the one on one first half and the header at the far post second half. I thought a one goal cushion was fair as we had edged it on the night. We were certainly able to break them down. I remember Dyer getting in behind several times and crossing it to around the penalty spot. Better finishing at the start and we could have had a much better lead as we would have been in the ascendency and they would have been demoralised.

No me neither, think we will have more chance on Sunday though

No me neither, think we will have more chance on Sunday though

His interview annoyed me last night, a bit like his interview before the match as well a couple of days ago.

He was moaning about the play-off system, and basically said they should change it to the system they have in Italy.

Then last night, he said we didn't look like scoring, and was surprised when we did, then had the audacity of saying he thought they were in control of the game.

Yes they may have had the better chances, but we dominated that game more than Watford did, I was really impressed with the team last night.

Archived