Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Molson Canadian

Back to the Drawing Board - What will it take for next season?

Keane makes too many errors and is too often out of position, I would not want him back. We'll need a new centre back, left back and possibly right back.

At the moment the central midfield looks Ok but I'd like to see a more experienced and physical player brought in, sort of a Wellens type but not past it.

Knockaert needs to be given more of a central/free role, he isn't a winger.

We can offload Futacs and Vardy for me, Kane can go back. We'll need at least one new striker.

We'll need a winger as well. Marshall hasn't done enough, Dyer is too inconsistent and Schlupp won't be used there and is unproven. And as I said Knockers isn't really a winger.

Keane makes too many errors and is too often out of position, I would not want him back.

exactly right ,the amount of goals we've shipped in since he's been in the side seems to have gone unnoticed,we've not got the time for someone to be leaning his trade in our first team, we need experience

Agree about Keane. He has all the attributes to potentially go on and be a top defender, but he's been at fault all too often this season.

He has a habit of drifting off and ball watching at the vital time, leaving his man free. I'm sure he'll iron that out but it's cost us goals over the last few months.

-Keep Pearson

-Sack off the baggage (gally, wellens, beckford)

-The rebirth of Neil danns (I rate him)

-Sign a very pacey winger with genuine skill (kebe perhaps)

-Sign a power house CB to partner Wes (Elliot ward could be good)

-Hide Kasper and tell everyone to bore off because he's ours

-Sign a quality LB as Konchesky is past it and Schlupp is a striker

-Work on the wood nugent combination but then have a Schlupp and Waggy partnership from the bench also

We don't need to go mad signing players but a few fresh faces and technically good equality players would be more than welcome.

Having 2 up front is imperative. I think 1 up front is poor way to play most of the time.

4 2 2 is outdated so Watfords 3 5 2 formation is possibly the way forward for most teams tbh but the typical 4 5 1 seems to be how football rolls now.

I think having roughly this team will work:

Kasper

New RB New CB Morgan New LB

James King

Knocky   New ATM            Schlupp

Nugent

Bench: Dyer, Marshall, Wood, Waggy.

Either this or put Knocky in the number 10 role and get a RW. I feel King and James would boss midfield with an extra body in front of them..they do a decent job when 2 V 3 often. Nugent is a top finisher and IMO is at least a 1 in 2 man, when he was on a barren run it was usually because he was pushed out wide when hes a striker. If we created alot he would get 20+. Mostly the defence is where we need to improve next season, we need a top CB(never should of got rid of Hobbs). Schlupp is average up front and although decent at LB I think with his pace and strength and ability to thread good passes, I think wing would be perfect for him.

So getting in a typical number 10 would be the best bet as well as a top CB whoes maybe 25-28, experienced but not past it.

We dont need much, only 2 good players and a couple of other backups and we'd be a sure bet I think.

Sticking together as a group. That means keeping Pearson (and his backroom team) and also keeping our best players. Get rid of Wellens, Beckford, Gally, Danns, Vardy and maybe even SSL. We've got a really good but young team, we need some more experienced players out there.

I'll be completely disillusioned if we get back into the manager merry-go-round. IT'S SO BLOODY OBVIOUS THAT WE NEED STABILITY!

Also, as highly rated as Keane is I think he's been at fault for quite a few goals recently and was taken out far too easily for Watfords 2nd goal yesterday. I'd like to see a more experienced centre back next to Wes next season.

Sticking together as a group. That means keeping Pearson (and his backroom team) and also keeping our best players. Get rid of Wellens, Beckford, Gally, Danns, Vardy and maybe even SSL. We've got a really good but young team, we need some more experienced players out there.

I'll be completely disillusioned if we get back into the manager merry-go-round. IT'S SO BLOODY OBVIOUS THAT WE NEED STABILITY!

SPOT ON!

We need a decent holding midfielder and wood to start playing well or replace him, not clinical in front of goal has cost us in the latter part of the season . We were the best footballing team in the league til feb. need a good preseason now and kick in for the autos next season . Keep the faith .

Having 2 up front is imperative. I think 1 up front is poor way to play most of the time.

4 2 2 is outdated so Watfords 3 5 2 formation is possibly the way forward for most teams tbh but the typical 4 5 1 seems to be how football rolls now.

Kasper

James King

Nugent

Either this or put Knocky in the number 10 role and get a RW. I feel King and James would boss midfield with an extra body in front of them..they do a decent job when 2 V 3 often. Nugent is a top finisher and IMO is at least a 1 in 2 man, when he was on a barren run it was usually because he was pushed out wide when hes a striker. If we created alot he would get 20+. Mostly the defence is where we need to improve next season, we need a top CB(never should of got rid of Hobbs). Schlupp is average up front and although decent at LB I think with his pace and strength and ability to thread good passes, I think wing would be perfect for him.

So getting in a typical number 10 would be the best bet as well as a top CB whoes maybe 25-28, experienced but not past it.

We dont need much, only 2 good players and a couple of other backups and we'd be a sure bet I think.

New RB ? De laet has been one of the better players all season !

I'd like to see this team next season.

Schmeichel

De Laet Morgan © New CB Olsson

Jedinak

Sako Knockaert

King

Ebanks-Blake Nugent

SUBS:

Logan, Marshall, Wood, Drinkwater, James, Tomlin, Schlupp

Schmeichel

Jedinak

Sako Knockaert

King

Ebanks-Blake Nugent

SUBS:

Alot of posters on here want to see us make a transfer move for Sakho from Wolves, does anyone know what his transfer value is?

Alot of posters on here want to see us make a transfer move for Sakho from Wolves, does anyone know what his transfer value is?

I too would like Sako at the club.

In terms of transfer fee, it depends upon how much Wolves want to/can afford to keep him.

If he goes I'd estimate around 1-2 million quid.

Don't want these overpriced players like Sako at our club.

We need to go for free transfers, and young talent under £1 million, I would only pay over £1 million for a new left-back. 

I know people have mentioned on here they have emailed/contacted the club about players they have information on/or think the club should look at for future possible transfers. Does anyone know if the club actually takes those sorts of suggestions seriously and has anyone who has done it before actually gotten a reply?

Kasper

James King

Nugent

So, 2 up front is so important that we should play a formation with one striker...

Don't want these overpriced players like Sako at our club.

We need to go for free transfers, and young talent under £1 million, I would only pay over £1 million for a new left-back.

Get where your coming from, the team is crying out for a bit more experience, but quality experience.

We have brought in a lot of younger players already, and one or two of our current experience players don't cut it at this level anymore.

So agree bargin basement summer or free transfers, will be interesting to see who becomes available on a free, and June could be an interesting month, I think that's when most contracts would expire?

So, 2 up front is so important that we should play a formation with one striker...

Yeh I think having 1 striker is not a great way to play but the reason I put the typical 4-5-1 is because its the way football is going and 4 4 2 is outdated. I always think when you have 2 genine strikers you have a much better chance of being succesful but 4 4 2 vs a 4 5 1 = to the team with 4 5 1 dominating possesion and gives the 2 CM's a massive work load.

I think a great formation to have is a 4 3 1 2..like this:

RB CB CB LB

CM CM CM

ATM

CF CF

The reason I think this would work is because the 3 CM's keep it compact, the RCM/LCM, can drift the respective way and cover the fullbacks rather than wingers doing that amount of tracking back. The ATM is in the team to create but also can drop back to CM if the others have drifted to protect full backs. This also leaves 2 CF's who should stay up all the time but track back in certain situations.

I think that formation is the best all round maybe, but it is debatable.

Schmeichel

Jedinak

Sako Knockaert

King

Ebanks-Blake Nugent

SUBS:

Doubt we'd get Jedinak, anyway, imo James is a perfectly good defensive midfielder. Olsson off Blackburn is a good shout though.

3-5-2

Schmeichel

St Ledger - Morgan - CB

De Laet                                              LWB

James                 King

Knockaert

Wood  - ST

4-4-2

Schmeichel

De Laet - Morgan - CB - LB

WG - James - King - Knockaert

Wood - ST

Kasper

James King

Nugent

everytime we play a striker up top on there own they always look isolated 

Archived