Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Molson Canadian

Back to the Drawing Board - What will it take for next season?

Beckford
Gally

Wellens
Waghorn
Futacs
Konchesky

(should all be attempted to be sold, with Vardy on loan ... maybe Waghorn on loan too). Clear out some of the dead wood, I still think that Danns could be good for next season, I felt in our bad run he was the midfielder that we were looking for.

venkys have a strategy, they will be pushing for promotion next season

Their strategy has been sack manager, appoint someone the fans hate, wait until he starts doing well, sack him - bring someone in, sack him near enough straight away and replace. That's not promotion strategy - that's the strategy that takes a team from mid-table prem to surviving in the championship by a couple of points.

Beckford

Gally

Wellens

Waghorn

Futacs

Konchesky

(should all be attempted to be sold, with Vardy on loan ... maybe Waghorn on loan too). Clear out some of the dead wood, I still think that Danns could be good for next season, I felt in our bad run he was the midfielder that we were looking for.

Totally agree with you, all players we can do without.

Well if FFP is going to hit us it will kill QPR, also Watford wil be looking for a new squad for next season. Pearson has moved on a load of overpaid players and has cut the wage bill by a big chunk but still have to move on more.

Well if FFP is going to hit us it will kill QPR, also Watford wil be looking for a new squad for next season. Pearson has moved on a load of overpaid players and has cut the wage bill by a big chunk but still have to move on more.

I have faith that if we keep Pearson, he will be able to move out all the deadwood players and large contracts over the summer.

This.

This will be a summer of selling cause we have to. Any new signings need to be absolute bargains.

Their strategy has been sack manager, appoint someone the fans hate, wait until he starts doing well, sack him - bring someone in, sack him near enough straight away and replace. That's not promotion strategy - that's the strategy that takes a team from mid-table prem to surviving in the championship by a couple of points.

Speaking to a mate who is a blackburn fan the venkys will be changing there approach............................hopefully the chickin shit eating mofos will continue to mess up the club

This.

This will be a summer of selling cause we have to. Any new signings need to be absolute bargains.

Doubt very much if we'll spend any money on transfer fees at all. Out of contract players and loans from prem clubs will be what we do - whoever is in charge. What makes today so much more painful is the chance we had to clear so much of our debt to a club who haven't really spent anything at all.

Doubt very much if we'll spend any money on transfer fees at all. Out of contract players and loans from prem clubs will be what we do - whoever is in charge. What makes today so much more painful is the chance we had to clear so much of our debt to a club who haven't really spent anything at all.

Yup. This definitely marks the end of our high spending era which peaked under Sven.

I'm actually all for FFP but it kinda sucks for us! 

Just my opinion, but I feel that a few new players are needed next season. The team, on the whole is generally very good, although a few more tweaks would make us even better.

Firstly, I think we may need a new LB, Konch is clearly past it and won't be a regular started next season, can we afford his wages for him to not even be in the first eleven? Either Schlupp needs to be the first choice or he will be the reserve LB.

Secondly we'll either need to get Keane back or replace him with a quality CB.

The biggest addition I want us to make this summer is a genuine quality winger, one who is going to get a decent amount of assists and goals.

Finally it would also be nice to get another CM, one who also can score and provide some assists.

We need some leaders on the park, someone to lift our lads up.

Moving in the opposite direction, I'd like Beckford, Gally, Danns, Wellens and Futacs to leave. Get some of the wages off the budget and let Nige dip into the loan market if we can't afford their wages on a permanent basis.

In conclusion, we are a good team, who were lucky to be in the play offs, but unlucky to not make the final at Wembley. This team is young and developing, with another season together they could be even better. Today may have just been a harsh lesson to our players which sees them develop into men and gives them the bottle and courage for a promotion push next year, something which the majority of them, if any at all, had this year.

Guest ttfn

Turn down any offer for Knockaert and build the team around him, King and James.

Use the money saved on Beckford's wages to bring in a new left back.

Appoint a competent forwards coach.

Just my opinion, but I feel that a few new players are needed next season. The team, on the whole is generally very good, although a few more tweaks would make us even better.

Firstly, I think we may need a new LB, Konch is clearly past it and won't be a regular started next season, can we afford his wages for him to not even be in the first eleven? Either Schlupp needs to be the first choice or he will be the reserve LB.

Secondly we'll either need to get Keane back or replace him with a quality CB.

The biggest addition I want us to make this summer is a genuine quality winger, one who is going to get a decent amount of assists and goals.

Finally it would also be nice to get another CM, one who also can score and provide some assists.

We need some leaders on the park, someone to lift our lads up.

Moving in the opposite direction, I'd like Beckford, Gally, Danns, Wellens and Futacs to leave. Get some of the wages off the budget and let Nige dip into the loan market if we can't afford their wages on a permanent basis.

In conclusion, we are a good team, who were lucky to be in the play offs, but unlucky to not make the final at Wembley. This team is young and developing, with another season together they could be even better. Today may have just been a harsh lesson to our players which sees them develop into men and gives them the bottle and courage for a promotion push next year, something which the majority of them, if any at all, had this year.

THIS

A clear out is the first on the agenda, the wages that Gallagher and wellens are on sitting in the reserves is a joke, these and others are bleeding the club dry, and even if we release them on free transfers or nominal fees, it will help us reach the new financial constraints.

Then on to the management, there have been a lot of rumours of fall outs, and other distractions, I am sure the owners will know exactly what has gone on, if anything and make there decision on facts.

For me I have said all season I don't think the manager can get us in the premier league, I think he is an average manager, and nothing I have seen has changed my mind, and have said he should go during the bad run, and stick by that.

But it's a hard one, I would replace him but somebody decent, and not just for the sake of it, if we can't find the right man, we might as well stick with him and accept him for what he is average, and average finishes, better than wasting more money and time to achieve the same.

I think if he stays he needs to work on his image with fans, and not big it up pre season about promotion.

Moving on some of the higher paid players who don't appear to have a future here,

Beckford, Danns, SSL, Waghorn,Gally,Wellens, and also shifting Futacs, vardy & Whitebread and Konch who is on very good money should save what 100/150k a week and hopefully bring in transfer fees of say £3 million, so believe Nigel will have scope to bring in fresh players. Da Laet,Morgan,James,Marshall, Knocky, Drinkwater and Wood have all been bought at decent prices and would sell for more.

Moving on some of the higher paid players who don't appear to have a future here,

Beckford, Danns, SSL, Waghorn,Gally,Wellens, and also shifting Futacs, vardy & Whitebread and Konch who is on very good money should save what 100/150k a week and hopefully bring in transfer fees of say £3 million, so believe Nigel will have scope to bring in fresh players. Da Laet,Morgan,James,Marshall, Knocky, Drinkwater and Wood have all been bought at decent prices and would sell for more.

not sure about the numbers involved, but yes i agree and i think most fans do to that all of those players should move on.

personally i think at the minute we have a great team, i would definatly consider signing keane he has had a great season and his passion is amazing!

he will be expensive, but well worth the investment, but i don't think we have a chance in buying him, manchester united may possible let him out on loan again not for sale.

Archived