Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Molson Canadian

Back to the Drawing Board - What will it take for next season?

Hello Everyone,

I am feeling heartbroken like the rest of you, a horrible way to finish the season. But we all must face the facts here, our team was not good enough in the final 10 games of the season, we did not show good enough form and barely got into the playoff's.  What must happen next? Do we need a total rebuild of the team? Or do we make a few changes here and there? Does Nigel stay or does he go? Alot of questions to be asked, but lets all keep the faith.

I know it will be a rough day for all of us here dreaming of what might have been, but lets remain positive about the fact that we have some very young exciting players at this club at the moment, with owners who have pledged their full backing of support to this team.

ALSO please support Knocky, it is very plain to see he has the quaility to become a class player in the future. Yes he missed the penalty, Yes almost everyone thinks Nugent or someone else should have taken it. But what he showed after he missed the penalty by going to the fans at the end and asking for forgiveness and even handing his shirt off to a fan while some fans were pointing and swearing at him, shows he wants to be at this club. Please show him support and the rest of this team. 

Please let's all get a constructive discussion going on how we think this team can improve, what needs to be done and how we will get there next season.

Your friend and fellow Leicester Supporter "Molson Canadian" a fan from Vancouver Canada. KEEP THE FAITH.

what we need for next season is a new bleeding manager! Pearson has taken as far as he can the play off semi final is not good enough

The fun starts here.

Just **** off, the vast majority of us said they expected a play-off place and that's exactly what we got, it's progress on previous years and there's no reason why we can't push on from here. Pearson has built a good young team who have shown a lot of heart to get as far as they did and come back from a poor run, a few more signings, a bit more quality and experience added to the strong side we have and we'll be fine. Throwing away the best manager we've had for a decade and returning to the managerial ****ing merry-go-round is not what we need. It's just not, that should be bleedin obvious to everybody based on our recent history yet some people still just can't see it.

What we need is our confidence back.

A few fresh face to keep the level of performance high throughout the season and well be there or thereabouts once more.

We create so many chances,more ,dare I say, than most teams. So a few wingers to give us consistent threat and competition for places!

The fun starts here.

Just **** off, the vast majority of us said they expected a play-off place and that's exactly what we got, it's progress on previous years and there's no reason why we can't push on from here. Pearson has built a good young team who have shown a lot of heart to get as far as they did and come back from a poor run, a few more signings, a bit more quality and experience added to the strong side we have and we'll be fine. Throwing away the best manager we've had for a decade and returning to the managerial ****ing merry-go-round is not what we need. It's just not, that should be bleedin obvious to everybody based on our recent history yet some people still just can't see it.

I agree with you. Pearson has build a good young team, players like James, Drinkwater, and Knocky have massive potential. I think sticking with Pearson is the right idea.

I think Pearson needs to go. We were very fortunate to get into the play offs, and this so-called 'progress' masks the dreadful run that we have had since the defeat at Peterborough. Galling to think that a few wins against the likes of Posh, Sheff Wed, Barnsley etc and we would have overhauled Hull. Poor manager and some very average, vastly overrated, players are responsible for our demise.

The fun starts here.

Took the words out of my mouth. Pearson has been with us for three full seasons: one Third Division Championship at the first time of asking (unlike Florist and Leeds, among others) and two play-offs, both within a penalty of getting to Wembley. And name me one manager in the past 15 years who has brought in players like Knockaert, De Laet, James, Morgan.

Get rid of Pearson, and we will spend next season farting about in mid-table mediocrity, or trying to stave off relegation.

Bring back Martin Allen, Micky Adams, Ian Holloway, Gary Megson, Craig Levein? Yeah, let's do it.

Took the words out of my mouth. Pearson has been with us for three full seasons: one Third Division Championship at the first time of asking (unlike Florist and Leeds, among others) and two play-offs, both within a penalty of getting to Wembley. And name me one manager in the past 15 years who has brought in players like Knockaert, De Laet, James, Morgan.

Get rid of Pearson, and we will spend next season farting about in mid-table mediocrity, or trying to stave off relegation.

Bring back Martin Allen, Micky Adams, Ian Holloway, Gary Megson, Craig Levein? Yeah, let's do it.

Totally agree he has made very good progress for the club, getting rid of him now and rushing to find a manager will not work.

Need to make better tactical decisions in games and need to sort the defence out as its been getting worse and worse lately.

Should np go? Actually don't mind. He hasn't performed in last ten games with managerial decisions.

The job that Adams did in guiding us to automatic promotion in a season when we went into administration is one of the greatest ever by a City manager. Pearson's efforts pale into insignifigance.

The fun starts here.

Couldn't say it better myself. 

Need to keep the nucleus of the side, loose some of the fringe players (Vardy, Beckford, Wellens) and got to keep Pearson as he has shown that this team can play some quality football and they will get better with experience.  

We also need a third forward with some real pace and passion and central defender with pace too. 

I agree with you. Pearson has build a good young team, players like James, Drinkwater, and Knocky have massive potential. I think sticking with Pearson is the right idea.

An American fox here. First, thank you for starting this thread. Nothing comes from negative thinking. The better side deservedly advanced, and we have another year to continuing building a squad ready for continual Premiership success when we get there.

We can't afford reactionary thinking, I hope we stick it out with Pearson, and continue to build upon the considerable talent we have. Pearson has his flaws, but I hope we can continue to build a squad that will be more creative and positive. Our goal difference (despite the poor end of season form) corroborates the fact that we have talent and played well for much of the year, and I'm confident that it will finally come to fruition next season.

The work starts here.

When City won the league on goal difference, he went out to buy a top striker. They won the league the following season (this year).

... So, for me, I want Nigel to stay. We need to rebuild with him as manager and get more quality in. A right back, a left back, a central defender and a left winger imo.

An American fox here. First, thank you for starting this thread. Nothing comes from negative thinking. The better side deservedly advanced, and we have another year to continuing building a squad ready for continual Premiership success when we get there.

We can't afford reactionary thinking, I hope we stick it out with Pearson, and continue to build upon the considerable talent we have. Pearson has his flaws, but I hope we can continue to build a squad that will be more creative and positive. Our goal difference (despite the poor end of season form) corroborates the fact that we have talent and played well for much of the year, and I'm confident that it will finally come to fruition next season.

I agree reactionary thinking wont work at all. Pearson should stay, and please everyone try to stay positive!

tell me on here who'd back against qpr being champions ? i wouldnt !

Not sure. They are bound to be favourites, but I can see it going horribly wrong for. Leeds might be a force if McDermott has some money to spend. Bolton will be there or thereabouts. Perhaps Blackburn might stage a revival.

Keep Nigel and build.

NO, NO, NO!! 

We need to start afresh particular if key players make their way from Leicester City. 

When will folk realise Pearson is not the man for the job, it's as simple as that.

When you consider where this Club was at the end of January there should have been absolutely no doubt where we were going to end up.

Pearson has failed!!

The fun starts here.

This. I think it sums it up really that the last time we let Pearson leave after leading us to the play-offs, we went down hill. I genuinely think if he had stayed we'd be promoted by now. Consistency is what we need. Let. Him. Build.

You cannot keep ripping up the foundations and expecting the structure to stand.

Archived