Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Foxestalk Player of the Season 2012/3

Player of the Season  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Player of the Season

• Morgan
    • King
    • Knockaert
    • James
    • De Laet
    • Schmeichel
    • Drinkwater

Results of season long voting show Morgan as player of the season by 15 votes, see below but it seems like a reasonably idea to put this to a playoff vote so get voting.

Poll will close Friday 31st May.

Player of the season leading contenders :-

Morgan - 7.5 MOM wins 158 pts,

King - 8 MOM wins 143 pts 

Knockaert - 5.5 MOM wins 120 pts,

James - 4 MOM wins 102 pts

De Laet - 5 MOM wins 101 pts

Schmeichel - 2.5 MOM 81 pts.

Drinkwater 3 MOM wins 75 pts,

Full results here - https://docs.google....UnN6X0NxeGlsbkE

Some other facts from the voting

Total number of votes 3260

Highest number of votes polled for a home match:- Peterboro' 177, Blackpool 163, Bristol 137

Highest number of votes polled for an away match:- Watford (PO) 87, Palace 74

Lowest number of votes polled for a home match:- Charlton 35

Lowest number of votes polled for an away match:- Ipswich 13

King with more wins than Morgan even with the amount of criticism he gets on here. Interesting. Cheers for compiling all this Davie, been interesting to see across the season.

King with more wins than Morgan even with the amount of criticism he gets on here. Interesting. Cheers for compiling all this Davie, been interesting to see across the season.

He got an extra one for being the Playoffs player over the 2 games.

One thing people shouldn't do is read too much into the previous results especially when you look at the range of voting numbers, when you get only 13 people voting in one game it's a tad unreliable also it's heavily weighted towards home performances.

Oh shite. I thought it meant best player in the play-offs and voted King lol

You can cancel your vote and re-vote, I've taken the Play-off bit out of the title now.

Guest ttfn

It just goes to show what a good season it was for the most part that so many players could have ended up winning it. Contrast for last year and we were scratching around with Schmeichel being a stand-out candidate and only Konchesky's consistency presenting him with a modicum of a challenge. This year...

Morgan - Mr Consistent, particularly up until February. Seems to be a strong and confident leader and probably our best centre back since Elliott.

King - Was in and out of form until after the Barnsley game. From then on he has been absolutely supreme.

Knockaert - Like nothing I've ever seen in a City shirt before. A genuinely exciting player and a privilege to watch when he's even remotely in form.

James - Has been very reliable for the past 4 or 5 months, despite the team's downturn in form.

Schmeichel - Seems to be getting a lot of stick recently, but for most of the season was in the sort of form which saw him voted number 1 in the division by his peers. 

So for all the doom and gloom of the last few months, and particularly the last three days, it's been a pretty good season. 

I'd say Morgan; but only just.....

The most consistent performer; his recent performances haven't been the best, but he's kept the back-line fairly strong overall.

someone vote for drinkwater he's getting lonely 

If he'd carried on his form of the first half of the season he'd be getting plenty of votes I reckon

If he had played more games I mgiht have voted James, who I think really came into his own towards the end of the season. But Morgan played a whole season with few mistakes, so Morgan.

Archived