Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RowZ

Official club statement required NOW please

Either a late April fool's trick or someone is winding us all up and it AIN'T funny.

If the owners want to sell season tickets they should put this to rest now one way or another. But they must know that keeping faith with a manager who's now failed THREE times to deliver what's required at this club isn't exactly ambitious.

I really do hope the mercury have got it wrong (again). There are too many better out of contract managers around just now for this opportunity to pass.

Either a late April fool's trick or someone is winding us all up and it AIN'T funny.

If the owners want to sell season tickets they should put this to rest now one way or another. But they must know that keeping faith with a manager who's now failed THREE times to deliver what's required at this club isn't exactly ambitious.

I really do hope the mercury have got it wrong (again). There are too many better out of contract managers around just now for this opportunity to pass.

Agree with all that - but especially the need for a Club Statement.  They need to OFFICIALLY say one of 4 things:-

1) that NP has gone, but no decision has been made on his replacement;

2) that NP has gone and the new Manager is ............ ? (the most unlikely !);

3) that the club will not be making any statement on the Managers' position at the present time (the most likely !); OR 

4) that Nige WILL be staying until the start of next season.

Should they release one every month to say the manager is staying? Because there is speculation about his job pretty much every month.

But the Mercury has felt fit to print their own statement on the back of this latest speculation...

Make of it what you will.

A club statement to refute Twitter bollocks?

No, a club statement because they have already sacked 2 managers in their time here, and have stated that the manager's job is to get promoted. He failed to do so in 18 months at the club.

That is why there is speculation, if it hadn't been for these past comments then it would not be necessary.

At the op, can you please clarify the 3 times he failed? Or are you classing 09/10 as a failure when we finished in our highest position for a decade on the back of 0 expectation?

get a grip - they arent even returning for pre season training until late next month. Doesn't really matter who is or who isnt the manger, if your life depends on it then it's pretty sad tbh

But the Mercury has felt fit to print their own statement on the back of this latest speculation...

Make of it what you will.

I will make out of it that the Mercury needs to sell papers and the owners don't.

Because EVERYBODY - fans, investors etc - ain't got a clue WHAT to believe.

Ok I'll tell you what to believe.

Pearson is under contract and nobody at the club has said he is not going to be in charge next season.

So if you really need to believe something, believe he is staying until the club tells you different.

No, a club statement because they have already sacked 2 managers in their time here, and have stated that the manager's job is to get promoted. He failed to do so in 18 months at the club.

That is why there is speculation, if it hadn't been for these past comments then it would not be necessary.

At the op, can you please clarify the 3 times he failed? Or are you classing 09/10 as a failure when we finished in our highest position for a decade on the back of 0 expectation?

If the club released official statement to refute the fabrications of foolish wannabees they would do nothing else but produce statements.

If it comes from the club believe it, everything else take for what it's worth.... **** all.

Pearson is under contract and nobody at the club has said he is not going to be in charge next season.

So if you really need to believe something, believe he is staying until the club tells you different.

EXACTLY....the club would go mad refuting and making statements evertytime there was s fcuking rumour on foxestalk!!!

That's not enough now !!

Failed THREE times?

Won League One at the first time of asking when previous clubs have failed to do so (Leeds, Forest, Southampton to name a few).

Got in the play-offs after that promotion. Wasn't expected at all so I definitely would NOT call that a failure.

This is the first time he has perhaps failed at this club where promotion was the aim. I don't think it's ever been stated that automatic promotion was the aim (it perhaps would have been the better option, but overall I think any promotion would have sufficed). But that does not count as a separate failure to me.

I fail to see where you've counted up to 3 failures.

That's not enough now !!

Well it's going to have to be enough, because they aren't going to spoon feed you with statements every time some people make some stuff up about him being sacked.

Grow a pair and deal with a bit of speculation, it's nothing new, there'll be plenty of it this summer and no doubt next season as well.

Well it's going to have to be enough, because they aren't going to spoon feed you with statements every time some people make some stuff up about him being sacked.

Grow a pair and deal with a bit of speculation, it's nothing new, there'll be plenty of it this summer and no doubt next season as well.

I think you might have gathered now, that it's not just me who thinks there should be a Statement.  The Moderators have had to close one (massively viewed) thread because of all the speculation on the Managers' job.  This needs to be cleared up - for now at least - and not just for the sake of FT Forum members !

Oh for fucks sake - do they need to come out and say "he's staying" just to appease the knee-jerk morons in our fan base?

If there's nothing coming from the club, it's probably because there's nothing to come - things aren't being changed, and if they needed to release a statement every time something didn't change they'd never get anything done. So calm the fuck down.

Archived