Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alanf0x

Alex Baptiste

Most of you all thought Wes Morgan was going to be average too and couldn't understand why we were signing him when we had players like Bamba.

Mind you, 95% of you are clueless ****wits so that's probably suggestive of this guy being quite a good signing.

lol

But when he has he's been nothing short of a liability for the majority.

Do you think so? I thought he showed decent aerial ability, just needed to work on some stuff. But then that would happen for being out so long. 

I don't know, I'd still give him a chance here personally.

Guest ttfn

To be fair, Pearson rarely makes a bad signing in defence.

McGivern is the only aberration I can think of.

Robbie Neilson.

Robbie Neilson.

Fair play.

Still, two and the arguable inclusion of Whitbread isn't a terrible signing record considering how many defenders he has signed.

Yeah I'm not sure that the praise for Pearson's signings is entirely justified. Defensively he signed Morrison, Tunchev and Brown, who were fine, especially at a lower level, Hobbs and Berner who were very good at this level and below, and Morgan who has done a great job. I'm yet to be convinced by De Laet; the praise for Keane startles me, Bruce was at best mediocre, while Neilson, Whitbread, McGivern and Solano were simply useless. It's been hit and miss.

Kerrea Gilbert? A curious one. To be fair to Pearson he did a job for us in League One. Sometimes a manager can get something very specific out of a player for a specific purpose (see virtually anyone who ever played under Clough). Obviously he isn't a good player, but perhaps that's why we didn't make the loan permanent.

Yet Pearson needs to do a great deal better this summer than he did last summer (when only a couple of his signings truly proved their worth), especially defensively. It's hard to avoid the fact that on current form we have one of the worst defences in the division.

He's not even 6ft. Wouldnt be happy with him at CB. We need more height and muscle. Baptiste aint it.

Fabio Cannavaro was only 5"9, baptiste is a solid center back! Much more assured than both SSL and Zak! He will complement big Wes well!

Yeah I'm not sure that the praise for Pearson's signings is entirely justified. Defensively he signed Morrison, Tunchev and Brown, who were fine, especially at a lower level, Hobbs and Berner who were very good at this level and below, and Morgan who has done a great job. I'm yet to be convinced by De Laet; the praise for Keane startles me, Bruce was at best mediocre, while Neilson, Whitbread, McGivern and Solano were simply useless. It's been hit and miss.

Kerrea Gilbert? A curious one. To be fair to Pearson he did a job for us in League One. Sometimes a manager can get something very specific out of a player for a specific purpose (see virtually anyone who ever played under Clough). Obviously he isn't a good player, but perhaps that's why we didn't make the loan permanent.

Yet Pearson needs to do a great deal better this summer than he did last summer (when only a couple of his signings truly proved their worth), especially defensively. It's hard to avoid the fact that on current form we have one of the worst defences in the division.

How much did he actually spend in fees on these players? If you are shopping in the bargain basement, which we were when most of those you listed were signed, you aren't going to be picking up lots of amazing people on free transfers all the time.

Baptiste has stood out in games i've seen him play for both Mansfield and Blackpool, he'd be a decent signing and especially on a free. I'm a bit annoyed that Whitbread hasn't made much of an impact as there's no questioning he's been class at this level before. Both he and St Ledger are far too injury prone so we need at least one more centre half. Baptiste does have pace, so he and Wes could work well together. Hope it happens.

Archived