Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
artursteppe

Not Nigel's Fault

Look, let's be clear, there was nothing Nigel could do about our performances since January. We got 12 points from a possible 48 in our last 16 matches. 24 points would have secured automatic promotion. I say to all those Pearson haters, it could have been worse, we might have got none.

He doesn't play for the team, he only picks it and chooses the formation and prepares the team with tactical excellence to play the next match. Just because the only time he got his tactics right was against Watford at home in the first play-off match, all season, what do people expect when he only gets paid a reported £500,000.00 per year, which is much less than most of the players.

We also had a lot of bad luck, for example the wind blew too hard sometimes in the wrong direction in some matches, sometimes teams would play with 5 men in midfield against our 4, very unfair. Sometimes they would even play with 5 men at the back, or even shoot from outside the box when our players weren't ready. Pitches were sometimes too hard, sometimes too soft. Sometimes opposition players would shout 'BOO' to frighten our players and get an advantage that way. Some teams had bigger, stronger players than us with more skill, who played in effective formations with a tactical plan and an alternative plan if the first one was not working well enough. What on earth could Nigel have done about that?

It is time people stopped picking on Nigel as though any of it is his fault. What we really need is stability when all is said and done, not promotion FFS!

Look, let's be clear, there was nothing Nigel could do about our performances since January. We got 12 points from a possible 48 in our last 16 matches. 24 points would have secured automatic promotion. I say to all those Pearson haters, it could have been worse, we might have got none.

He doesn't play for the team, he only picks it and chooses the formation and prepares the team with tactical excellence to play the next match. Just because the only time he got his tactics right was against Watford at home in the first play-off match, all season, what do people expect when he only gets paid a reported £500,000.00 per year, which is much less than most of the players.

We also had a lot of bad luck, for example the wind blew too hard sometimes in the wrong direction in some matches, sometimes teams would play with 5 men in midfield against our 4, very unfair. Sometimes they would even play with 5 men at the back, or even shoot from outside the box when our players weren't ready. Pitches were sometimes too hard, sometimes too soft. Sometimes opposition players would shout 'BOO' to frighten our players and get an advantage that way. Some teams had bigger, stronger players than us with more skill, who played in effective formations with a tactical plan and an alternative plan if the first one was not working well enough. What on earth could Nigel have done about that?

It is time people stopped picking on Nigel as though any of it is his fault. What we really need is stability when all is said and done, not promotion FFS!

lol

You really do bring it on yourself dontcha..

I want NFP to stay, but clearly he is in a large part responsible for the team's performance. I'm not going to hang him out to dry like some people, but I'll not exonerate him either. I do agree that promotion isn't the be all and end all of everything however.

Pearson is partly to blame but so are the players. He does all the choosing yes but once they cross that white line they have to perform and after January they didn't perform well enough often enough. I'm happy for Pearson to stay but if it goes tits up again this year we must make a change.

You should read it all.

No need after taking a look at the author's name

1 defeat in the final 6 arrested the slide and got us in the playoffs, beating key rivals in 6-pointers like Bolton & Forest along the way.

Stability isn't the most important thing, but building on an improved season & avoiding yet more transition is.

Any idiot can see that despite shipping out 30+ players prior to the season starting that is more that need to leave to clear the decks for more capable players to come in & make the difference when we go again

Is this a joke?

no, it's just trolling

"Look, let's be clear, there was nothing Nigel could do about our performances since January." - Artursteppe

Absolutely correct, the blame lies with the person who signed the players. The one who trains them, and motivates the players under his supervision. It is also the fault of the person who makes the team selection and decides the tactics, or lack of them, that are employed for the particular match. Who is this person... If, for one minute, I thought your's was a serious post I would recommend you only go outside under supervision, take a responsible person, avoid playing near the road, and be back in before it gets dark.

You should read it all.

Why would I? You spout utter bullshit every time you post. How can it not be Nigels fault we had a poor run in from February? He's the bloody manager you fvcking moron! lol 

"Look, let's be clear, there was nothing Nigel could do about our performances since January." - Artursteppe

Absolutely correct, the blame lies with the person who signed the players. The one who trains them, and motivates the players under his supervision. It is also the fault of the person who makes the team selection and decides the tactics, or lack of them, that are employed for the particular match. Who is this person... If, for one minute, I thought your's was a serious post I would recommend you only go outside under supervision, take a responsible person, avoid playing near the road, and be back in before it gets dark.

Dude, it is a joke, like Pearson, OK?

I think the major problem in recent matches has been that other teams have scored more goals than us, if Nigel could kindly reverse this (maybe by asking the opposition nicely and offering to stand a round in the bar afterwards) we will be ok next season!

Stability isn't the most important thing, but building on an improved season & avoiding yet more transition is.

Any idiot can see that despite shipping out 30+ players prior to the season starting that is more that need to leave to clear the decks for more capable players to come in & make the difference when we go again

You're at it again! He has moved on fifteen players in his second spell, plus a further nine on loan (all of which, evidently, remain at the club). This and the 'third youngest squad in the league' nonsense genuinely bug me and completely undermine the Pro-Pearson argument.

Basically, the reality runs like this: Promotion was the remit, his signings were a mixed bag, progress was questionable considering our poor end-of-season form, the campaign was not a success, there are plenty of decent alternatives, he has had longer than most managers at this level (and longer than three of the bosses that finished higher than us) and he may well have been moved on but for FFP and the fact that our board do not want to convert sufficient debt into equity. As such sticking with Pearson, a capable manager who has done well for us in the past, is pretty much the only available strategy.

You're at it again! He has moved on fifteen players in his second spell, plus a further nine on loan (all of which, evidently, remain at the club). This and the 'third youngest squad in the league' nonsense genuinely bug me and completely undermine the Pro-Pearson argument.

Basically, the reality runs like this: Promotion was the remit, his signings were a mixed bag, progress was questionable considering our poor end-of-season form, the campaign was not a success, there are plenty of decent alternatives, he has had longer than most managers at this level (and longer than three of the bosses that finished higher than us) and he may well have been moved on but for FFP and the fact that our board do not want to convert sufficient debt into equity. As such sticking with Pearson, a capable manager who has done well for us in the past, is pretty much the only available strategy.

I thought the owners wanted to convert debt into equity? therefore sticking with NP isn't the only viable option and least not forget that the sanctions imposed on come into play in the 2014-2015 season should we still be in the championship.

I thought the owners wanted to convert debt into equity? therefore sticking with NP isn't the only viable option and least not forget that the sanctions imposed on come into play in the 2014-2015 season should we still be in the championship.

I'll believe it when I see it. And whether they convert enough for us to meet with FFP AND bring in a new management team AND splash out on new players is another matter entirely.

There's been so much finger pointing of late that I think it would make it easier if I just took responsibility for everything.

I'm very sorry we didn't get promoted this season.

It was all a terrible misunderstanding over this 'remit to get promotion thing'.  I said it's not even worth mentioning, and they said it's important to be clear about these matters.  I then said, but surely it's in the remit of all managers to try and get promoted, except possibly those in the top division, and they said that there was a danger that it could get overlooked.  As an aside, they also said that Premier League managers weren't an exception, and if they didn't aspire to promotion it showed a 'lack of moral fibre'.

So then what happened was the secretary taking the minutes of the meeting down misheard it and wrote down that the remit was to not get promotion.  It's such a little thing, but it just meant that in the end you had all sorts of people pulling in completely different directions.  There are still some people in the club, including amongst the playing and coaching staff, that are under the impression that the season has been 100 per cent successful.  At least their morale is high, and hopefully that's something we can tap into next time round, and I think that most of us have recovered from the mice thing now that has tended to cast a long, squeaking shadow over pretty much everything we've done over the last year.

That's all sorted, thanks a lot

Why would I? You spout utter bullshit every time you post. How can it not be Nigels fault we had a poor run in from February? He's the bloody manager you fvcking moron! lol

Well you certainly ain't the sharpest tool in the box. Dim or what. It was a JOKE you chump, of course it was Pearson's fault.

(  I know there are a lot of thickos on this sight, but for the first time ever I just had to point it out to one of them. )

Archived