Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

The Exams Thread

1 exam (the easiest) out the way, not feeling confident about that at all, but yeah.

Still got (all AS levels):

Friday: Psychology Unit 2.

22nd May: Maths Core 2, Law Unit 1 (Retake)

2nd June: Law Unit 2

15th June: Stats.

Regarding Maths, my biggest worry and the one I want to do best in, I'm a little unfortunate in that my dad and the maths teacher exchanged emails at the last parent/teacher day, so he can update my dad on my progress. Might be a positive though, as after scoring 2 out of 72 in one practice test, I revised one section (series) and in the next test got 16 out of 72...all 16 marks coming from said section.

If I could keep the motivation up to revise other sections before the 22nd, I might well salvage something from a year of fcuking about.

Where do you study Comp Science. I'm a 1st year at Uni of Leicester.

Aston Uni is BrummieLand! What's the main language you studying? Let me know if you need any help with anything (altho, not sure how much help I could actually be!) Also, you gonna do a placement?

Had my second exam today and it was a nightmare - honestly think I may have botched it up a bit but everyone found it the same so we'll see what happens! Back now and revising for the 3 instalment - this time Distributed Applications!

Aston Uni is BrummieLand! What's the main language you studying? Let me know if you need any help with anything (altho, not sure how much help I could actually be!) Also, you gonna do a placement?

Had my second exam today and it was a nightmare - honestly think I may have botched it up a bit but everyone found it the same so we'll see what happens! Back now and revising for the 3 instalment - this time Distributed Applications!

We've done lots of Java this year.

I'm not planning on doing a placement, I wanna carry on and do a masters in Advanced Computer Science.

We've done lots of Java this year.

I'm not planning on doing a placement, I wanna carry on and do a masters in Advanced Computer Science.

Yeah, Java is the way forward!

Coolio, that is some commitment! Not sure if I'd be able to cope with a masters in CS! Hope it goes well for you! :thumbup:

Another one bites the dust! I don't think I've ever written so much in an exam! My hand is killing me!

One left!

Nearly there!!

Does anyone physically suffer from stress around exam times?

I used to wake up with a madly painful jaw during A-Levels and the first year of Uni and I found out it was because I was gritting my teeth in my sleep. It was so bad one year I couldn't open my mouth at all for a couple of days.

Fortunately I don't get it anymore, instead I've had random twitches over the past 2 years. At the minute it's my bottom left eye lid and on occassion my left nostril goes on a mini-spasm. Freaks me out but pretty funny in the mirror. I need sleep.

I tend to stay really calm, and have a belief that no matter what the question, that I can produce a credible answer.

hahaha good answer

I don't get nervous at all, it's the fact I overload myself in the days before the exam together with lack of sleep. I'm going to die young.

Does anyone physically suffer from stress around exam times?

I used to wake up with a madly painful jaw during A-Levels and the first year of Uni and I found out it was because I was gritting my teeth in my sleep. It was so bad one year I couldn't open my mouth at all for a couple of days.

Fortunately I don't get it anymore, instead I've had random twitches over the past 2 years. At the minute it's my bottom left eye lid and on occassion my left nostril goes on a mini-spasm. Freaks me out but pretty funny in the mirror. I need sleep.

Just did stress in my psycholgoy exam!!

Unfortunately, everyone does get stressed, no matter who you are. It's the way that we deal with it which is the difference. Everyone suffers from it. The actual definition of stress is an imbalance between the perceived demands and perceived coping ability.

As someone said, they go with the flow and laugh etc...this is good i.e. using humour to get rid of stress. But, this is just repressing it deeper down and MIGHT (not definitely) come back in later life.

Bloody hell, I thought I finished my exam :angry: ! I come back and talk about it even more lol.

Anyway, 4 down 8 to go!

Just did stress in my psycholgoy exam!!

Unfortunately, everyone does get stressed, no matter who you are. It's the way that we deal with it which is the difference. Everyone suffers from it. The actual definition of stress is an imbalance between the perceived demands and perceived coping ability.

As someone said, they go with the flow and laugh etc...this is good i.e. using humour to get rid of stress. But, this is just repressing it deeper down and MIGHT (not definitely) come back in later life.

Bloody hell, I thought I finished my exam :angry: ! I come back and talk about it even more lol.

Anyway, 4 down 8 to go!

Good stuff

I'll deal with it in 11 days time with a continuous 3 week drinking and xbox lifestyle.

Good stuff

I'll deal with it in 11 days time with a continuous 3 week drinking and xbox lifestyle.

Yeah exams are just a naturalistic stressor. Obviously the stress dramatically decreases once exams are over and we can all relax!!

What exams are you doing?

I dont actually feel stress. I just go with the flow, I find it normally a laugh doing exams, not all this stress lol.

I too laugh at exams and when i get a random question that i don't know i literally have to bite my tongue to stop myself laughing out loud.

It's not the end of the world if you do shit in exams, who cares :giggle:

It will all work out in the end.

Yeah exams are just a naturalistic stressor. Obviously the stress dramatically decreases once exams are over and we can all relax!!

What exams are you doing?

Law degree finals, i'm ready for doing absolutely sod all for a few weeks.

Much more important than mine then :P

Yep. Me too.

GCSEs or A Levels?

I found A Levels harder than this degree to be honest but I don't know if that was because of the teaching.

Good luck with the rest.

My brother makes me laugh, he's got 6 GCSE exams in the space of 5 days next week and he's upstairs playing away on games. He's either as cool as a cucumber or doesn't give a damn. Hope for his sake (mum's reaction) it's the former!

Nearly there!!

I can't wait - I can smell the finishing line! It's going to be a massive drinking session from Wednesday. Only one of my mates finishes on Weds and the other finish on Thursday and Friday so it will be constant abuse on my body with alcohol and take aways! (Sorry, but thats the way it is)

I don't think I get stressed and worked up, I just get really tired and just stop learning things. I guess I get a little frustrated but at the end of the day you can only do your best. Not a fan and never will of exams as I don't think they are a fair assessment of your work at this level. Since when are you going to go to work, do a piece of work for a few months and then made to sit an exam on it? Not too often, if ever! I can understand why they give them though and I just have to deal with it - it's life, I just don't think its a fair reflection on my abilities!

Archived