Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

The Exams Thread

Contract is dull, but I found tort interesting. Trespass to land is great for exams, as it is only three cases, and the occupier's liability is also easy to remember. I ballsed up on nuisance though :doh: Wish I'd read up more on negligence now.

Tort would be fine.. 'Cept my lecturer was awful. Kept banging on about his daughter (not fit, have seen pics <_< ) and going off on a tangent about things not even remotely connected to our modules. Though Nuisance isn't in my exam, so guess that's a big plus. Rylands v Fletcher is, though. Very confusing! :S

Well, to be fair I shall be celebrating it the following weekend so if you feel like having a night off the study, I'll let you know where I'll be.

I reckon you'll be fine Jamie, you're cleverer than you look :sweating:

I'm just reading about cartilagionous, fibrous and synovial joints at the moment - go me.

That's tremendous, 'cos I'm aiming to look really stupid! :cry:>_<

Sound like you've having fun at the minute though, you :P

I think I'm getting to the point of just wanting to get them done now. I have 3 in a row which is annoying because I'm not sure which to revise at which point. Basically, I am revising the second one today and then tomorrow I will revise for Wednesdays! And then after Thursdays exam, knuckle down for the 3rd on Friday! Which leaves me 6 days for next Wednesdays!

Wednesday - Geographic Informaiton Systems - 2h

Thursday - Programming Language Implementation - 3h

Friday - Distributed Applications - 3h

Next Wed - Contractual Software Development - 3h

My college is stupid, I had two exams yesterday (Computing for 2 hours and a maths module for one) Had another one today (another module for maths). Got another exam on thursday (another module for maths). And then Business first thing next monday. I get 4 weeks of study leave including half term, which starts on monday. All AFTER my fooking exams!!

Ahh well more time for Foxestalk and Xbox :laugh:

My college is stupid, I had two exams yesterday (Computing for 2 hours and a maths module for one) Had another one today (another module for maths). Got another exam on thursday (another module for maths). And then Business first thing next monday. I get 4 weeks of study leave including half term, which starts on monday. All AFTER my fooking exams!!

Ahh well more time for Foxestalk and Xbox :laugh:

Yeah half my exams are before study leave (22nd) effing joke.

5. Is the following argument valid?

If the violinist plays the concert then crowds will come if the prices are not too

high.

If the violinist plays the concert, the prices will not be too high.

Therefore, if the violinist plays the concert crowds will come.

Got to be valid, ant it? :dunno::whistle:

My niece is currently sitting it's SATs (year 6, I believe). I asked the child if it was worried, and it replied "no, they made us do practice ones, and only me and the cleverest boy in the school got 20 out of 20 on the hardest paper, and it was well easy".

My dad told me tonight that the child is not happy, as it didn't understand one of it's test papers. That'll learn it to get cocky. :giggle:

My niece is currently sitting it's SATs (year 6, I believe). I asked the child if it was worried, and it replied "no, they made us do practice ones, and only me and the cleverest boy in the school got 20 out of 20 on the hardest paper, and it was well easy".

My dad told me tonight that the child is not happy, as it didn't understand one of it's test papers. That'll learn it to get cocky. :giggle:

'It'? Cold.

I have chem exams coming up next week and I've been to about 5 chemistry lectures since Christmas. Uh oh.

'It'? Cold.

I have chem exams coming up next week and I've been to about 5 chemistry lectures since Christmas. Uh oh.

You haven't met "it". If you had, you'd understand. :thumbup:

Good luck with the chem exams. I think Sir Fynwy had the same idea, back in the day, and it did him no harm!

Had my Humanities and R.S. GCSE's today.

Thought I did alright.

My exam leave starts on May 22nd, yet including todays, I have 6 exams before exam leave starts, and then only 4 when I'm on the leave. :unsure:

Just come out of my GIS exam, it was as expected really and think I've done enough overall in the module to get 60%. I know I messed up the last question a bit though which is annoying! Anyway, nout I can do now so move onto the next one which is tomorrow!

I am doing Corporate Law at ACCA I wonder if its similar?

Sitting 3 this time. Performance Management and Taxation are the others.

Not looking forward to them at all. Fingers crossed.

Probably is, although we didn't do the auditors part this year which i imagine u do?

Syllabus has been:

Registration, separate legal personality, alteration and effect of articles, directors' duties (massive amount), corporate governance, remedies for maladministration and share/loan capital.

The only module on the LLB that I can remember where you had to revise every bloody thing on the course!!

I would recomend that you throw in the odd fact regarding "real-life" events as company tutors love that (to of my very close mates are those miserable gits).

I.e for a seperate legal personality question throw in the impact of City's administration.

Even better, the Leeds example as it concerned a more controversial concept of "ready-made Administration" (you'll learn more about that on the LPC/BVC).

Even if your basic knowledge is sketchy, the fact that you can apply it to real life events can still get you a very good first/2:1.

I'm sure I dont need to tell you this but every bit of advice helps.

Good luck!

Thanks for that, yes we have a commercial lecturer who has spent years practicing it so he loves it if you put practical examples in. The company guy isn't the same though plus I did 3 essays 0 problem questions and they were all quite general. Problem is this year we've only been allowed 40 minutes per question not 45, it make a lot of difference everyone ran out of time. Exam was just mixed together like land law in year 2, confident i'll at least get 66 which is on par with lowest I've got so far just depends on how structured they were in the short time limit. Which uni did you go to?

Good luck Jamie, tort was a bitch for us he spent 2 weeks on defamation and didn't even put it on the exam. Meant I could only do 3 good answers and last one i guess they compensated over.

Just come out of my GIS exam, it was as expected really and think I've done enough overall in the module to get 60%. I know I messed up the last question a bit though which is annoying! Anyway, nout I can do now so move onto the next one which is tomorrow!

What are you doing GIS as part of? I had a GIS exam yesterday too, all multiple choice though. The first exam was in Jan and I got about 70%, so needed 10% yesterday to pass, reflected in the amount of work I did for it! 1st year and all that. :whistle:

What are you doing GIS as part of? I had a GIS exam yesterday too, all multiple choice though. The first exam was in Jan and I got about 70%, so needed 10% yesterday to pass, reflected in the amount of work I did for it! 1st year and all that. :whistle:

Get the magic 40% and that's all that matters for first year! :thumbup:

I am in my final year studying Computer Science...GIS was one of my module. Did lots of stuff about OGC, GML, Topology, NAA, Dijkstra's algorithm, Vector, Raster etc -(don't ask me for more details though, I'm trying to forget it!)

I am not onto Lexical and Syntax analysing aswell as Context Analysis and Code Generation followed by Run Time organistation for Programming Implementation - or how my brain is deciding to learn it as - blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Fun dabby dosie evening I have to look forward too...

PS; Can you tell I'm going slightly mad with all this revision stress??? :rolleyes:

Get the magic 40% and that's all that matters for first year! :thumbup:

I am in my final year studying Computer Science...GIS was one of my module. Did lots of stuff about OGC, GML, Topology, NAA, Dijkstra's algorithm, Vector, Raster etc -(don't ask me for more details though, I'm trying to forget it!)

I am not onto Lexical and Syntax analysing aswell as Context Analysis and Code Generation followed by Run Time organistation for Programming Implementation - or how my brain is deciding to learn it as - blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Fun dabby dosie evening I have to look forward too...

PS; Can you tell I'm going slightly mad with all this revision stress??? :rolleyes:

Where do you study Comp Science. I'm a 1st year at Uni of Leicester.

Archived