Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

The Exams Thread

I had this too, how did you find it?

I think i've done ok on most of it and the case study questions were generally pretty good, I think I messed up on the contribution and elasticity of demand questions though, hoping for a C/B to go with the B from unit one.

Yeah I didn't do to bad I guess.

I think I got the PEOD question right. What was your answer for that?

I have had it with Hoiles Crisps now...lol

Yeah I didn't do to bad I guess.

I think I got the PEOD question right. What was your answer for that?

I have had it with Hoiles Crisps now...lol

I can't remember what I got, some dodgy figure that wasn't the same as anyone elses , you?

And yep so have I lol , off til the 8th now when A2 starts, and I still have to do Geography when I get back until the end of term even though i'm dropping it. :angry:

I can't remember what I got, some dodgy figure that wasn't the same as anyone elses , you?

And yep so have I lol , off til the 8th now when A2 starts, and I still have to do Geography when I get back until the end of term even though i'm dropping it. :angry:

Good luck then mate.

I recently got told by one of my teachers that he was concerned that I consistently finish early in revision tests.

I said to him as long as I keep getting good marks I'm not really fussed if I finish a few minutes early!

But well done on your good exam :thumbup:

Take it there were no fire alarms then :P

In my final year of my Undergraduate degree I left a three hour exam after 30 minutes and got a 2:1. I really didn't enjoy that subject either, it was brilliant!

Well, that was without doubt the worst day of my academic life so far.

I mean, to go into an exam having built it up, knowing the pressure that was on and having done a fair bit of revision...it was horrible to open the paper and, looking through, realise you've got fcuk all chance of passing.

And even worse, to go into a second exam later in the day, and for the same to happen.

It's not the personal failure that hurts though, it's seeing my parents pride in me punctured when they find out the results.

I mean, to go into an exam having built it up, knowing the pressure that was on and having done a fair bit of revision...it was horrible to open the paper and, looking through, realise you've got fcuk all chance of passing.

And even worse, to go into a second exam later in the day, and for the same to happen.

It's not the personal failure that hurts though, it's seeing my parents pride in me punctured when they find out the results.

You say that but then you'll come out with a decent grade :thumbup:

:(

I'm sure it wasn't that bad. Or I hope it wasn't.

Resit :thumbup:

The worst grade i've ever got in an exam is D and that was general studies.

Until this lot of exams i had never resat an exam in my life.

Resiting 6 now though :P

Had one today, ran out of time and lost like 15 marks for it, so the chances of improving my B to an A are zero :(

Dreading the last few maths and chemistry exams though, too hard to even get a B.

Are you allowed to resit a resit?

A mate of mine spent 6th form retaking her maths GCSE. In the end her mother paid for private tuition so that she could get the required C grade.

A mate of mine spent 6th form retaking her maths GCSE. In the end her mother paid for private tuition so that she could get the required C grade.

Did she get it in the end?

Bit of a waste if she didn't.

Did she get it in the end?

Bit of a waste if she didn't.

Eventually. We joked about her mum paying the school off!! But this was the same girl who I know had 7 driving tests, and between our group of friends worked out that she had at least 12!!

Eventually. We joked about her mum paying the school off!! But this was the same girl who I know had 7 driving tests, and between our group of friends worked out that she had at least 12!!

Oh dear.

And Maths GCSE isn't the hardest thing in the world.

It's not you is it? :whistle:

:P

Oh dear.

And Maths GCSE isn't the hardest thing in the world.

It's not you is it? :whistle:

:P

Ha ha, I knew someone would ask that!

No it isn't. I passed both at the first attempt. :thumbup:

Got my first summer exam tomorrow, Logic and Problem Solving.

I'm ready for it :D

Sounds like my kind of exam!! Good luck.

Archived