Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brockmyster

What today shows...

Holloway isnt the fool that many people on here still state, he has done well pretty much everywhere else and he set palace up perfectly in these play offs. More to the point it just shows how shit the group of players we had at that time were as a team.

Holloway isnt the fool that many people on here still state, he has done well pretty much everywhere else and he set palace up perfectly in these play offs. More to the point it just shows how shit the group of players we had at that time were as a team.

Palace finished lower than they were when he took over. 

He did a poor job here, he's done very well since.

If he'd stayed up with us he might've improved us a lot, but then he's admitted during his time out he changed his ways, so we'll never know.

He's not a fool, absolutely, but he didn't do it for us and should've done better with the resources he had.

Didn't hurt that Watford were off the boil.

And he is a fool, you wait for his fvcking post match nonsense.

This is Dougie's work not Hollowhead's.

Rubbish

Tactically Palace outclassed both Brighton and Watford. Watford today didnt have a sniff in front of goal. I thought Jedinak (big, strong, defensive minded midfielder) was superb.

Hats off to Ollie.. Shame he fooked it up at City. How many managers have done that though.

Rubbish

Tactically Palace outclassed both Brighton and Watford. Watford today didnt have a sniff in front of goal. I thought Jedinak (big, strong, defensive minded midfielder) was superb.

Hats off to Ollie.. Shame he fooked it up at City. How many managers have done that though.

Three games with Dougie's squad does not make it Ollie's work. 

Point still stands hes got promotion and performed well with other clubs. Im not saying hes better then what weve got or that id want him the point still stands he has got promoted and when it matters he set his side up right

Three games with Dougie's squad does not make it Ollie's work.

Three BIG games in which Ollie has orchestrated promotion makes it very much a joint effort.

As I said, shame he fooked it up at Leicester.

Are we EVER gonna get it right again I wonder?

Don't care what anyone says or thinks, Ian Holloway is a bloody good manager.

Promotion with Blackpool, then another play-off feat with Blackpool, now promotion with Crystal Palace.

Yes he got us relegated, but that season a lot went on before he came in, he tried his best and if you rightly remember we nearly beat Stoke on that final day.

Ever since he left Leicester, I have given him credit, because I actually rate him regardless of what he did at Leicester.

Promotion with Blackpool, then another play-off feat with Blackpool, now promotion with Crystal Palace.

Yes he got us relegated, but that season a lot went on before he came in, he tried his best and if you rightly remember we nearly beat Stoke on that final day.

Ever since he left Leicester, I have given him credit, because I actually rate him regardless of what he did at Leicester.

Great post KF..

Same here

:thumbup:

Rubbish

And who signed Jedinak? Holloway has done well in the play-offs, but there's little doubt that they're not the side that they were under Dougie. It's still Dougie's team.

Well I don't care what anyone thinks, Holloway is a grade A twat!

Had PLENTY of time to keep us up but decided to play a random assortment of players in wrong roles right up to the day we went down.

This is Dougie's work not Hollowhead's.

Palace are certainly not as free flowing under Hollowhead as they were under Freeman, but at the end of the day, he has come in, took over someone else`s team,which is not easy, and got them promoted.

Much as i`m not a Hollowhead fan, tactically he has been first class during the play off games.

People massively overrate him.

2 good years out of 3 for Blackpool, yes he's done well in the play-offs for Palace, as for the rest of the season though he didn't do a particularly good job.

He was hopeless for us, he's improved as a manager since then, no way is he a 'top' manager though.

Got it tactically spot on today and he is a good manager regardless of what people think. Happened to be our manager when we got relegated so what things have moved on alotsince then, get over it people.

He took us down to the third tier for the first time in our history and has achieved two promotions since then. :rolleyes:  I must admit that once proud record of ours still grates with me.

If I could do a deal with that fella in charge down in hell, to have it wiped from the history books, I would.

Had PLENTY of time to keep us up but decided to play a random assortment of players in wrong roles right up to the day we went down.

Isnt this exactly what the Pearson haters have been saying this season?

As much as I hate Holloway, he has done a job on both Brighton and Watford.

Its easy to say that its Freedman's team, its still him telling them what to do.

Hats off to him and good luck in the PL, at least we have his rantings to look forward to on MOTD.

Well I don't care what anyone thinks, Holloway is a grade A twat!

Who did we have though that season?

A bunch of unknown players Allen brought in, who then got worse under Megson, and then Holloway couldn't even get them playing good enough football.

We are in a better place now, Holloway couldn't of got rid of the players we had in the January transfer window that year, nobody would of took them.

We had the likes of James Chambers, Bruno N'Gotty, Kishishev, Bell, Campbell, Hayes, Hellings, Hammond, Worley, Porter, Mattock, Hayles, Henderson, Hendrie, The Hungarians.

Where are these players now? 

Most of them are playing for shit teams or retired, only three players who have made a real step up are Dj Campbell, Zsolt Laczko and Gareth McAuley.

We only had about five decent players that year.

In terms of points-per-game, had Holloway managed Palace for a full season then they would've finished with 63 points (just over 1.3 points a game), which is very mid-table.

Yes he's done a very good job in the play-offs (although Watford were abysmally bad and a shadow of the side we've played, which may be put down to Palace's tactics) but it's evident that if it wasn't for Dougie's good start then they wouldn't have crawled over the line.

Glad that Watford haven't gone up though, Palace were the lesser of two evils...just.

I remember him saying to Manderic pre transfer window "give me funds for 2 new players and i'll get us out of this league", Milan gave him funds and true to his word he got us out of the division - into the fecking 3rd tier

Holloway is streets in front of Pearson for tactical ability. Whether its team whether he would of got 1.3 pts per game he has managed to set the players up for the last two games and got promoted.how the hell anyone can knock the bloke I don't know

Archived