Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

Phillips pen

I've never blamed Knocky. Not once. I blame those who let him take it.

We didn't have a designated, or usual, penalty-taker on the pitch. Any taker would've been a huge risk.

Some said he was too old.

Couldn't disagree more, exactly the sort of player I'd love on the bench to bring on.

He's done it enough times against us to show first-hand what he's capable of.

Guest ttfn

I think Philips was quite fortunate,Almunia nearly saved it.

No keeper in the world was saving that penalty.

We didn't have a designated, or usual, penalty-taker on the pitch. Any taker would've been a huge risk.

Totally agree. Games pan out in different ways. This one ended up that Wood, Marshall and Gally werent on the pitch. I'd back most of the squad to score penalties all day everyday in training. What you can't replicate on the training pitch is the pressure, tension, atmosphere or nerves.......just ask Waddle, Pearce, Ince, Batty, Southgate, Vassell,Beckham, Terry, Young..........

What makes you think we didn't have a designated penalty taker?

Who would admit to it after the game and pile even more misery of Knocky?

A player missed a penalty -BIG DEAL, happens all the time.

And, yes, we should have signed Phillips long ago.

So what would we have done if it went to a penalty shootout?

Exactly! Shakey said we had practices pens before the game. How anyone can blame knockaert is beyond me! Even when your nominated penalty taker is not on the pitch the manager should have another one nominated. It's basic management.

Archived