Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

Phillips pen

To be fair, out of all of the players on the pitch, the only ones I'd really want to have taken that pen were Knockaert or Nugent, and even those two don't fill me with confidence.

I'd really like us to sign an old head in midfield and up front, we definitely need a couple more leaders in this team.

Is Zola out of a job now?

He let second place slip and didn't make the Prem.

Are Watford fans calling for his head?

I couldn't be bothered to read through all this thread so someone may have covered this but...I just want to ask why so many people say Nugent should have taken the penalty? Yes he is a striker but he has only taken one penalty in his long career...he doesn't want to. Chris Waddle was an amazing player but after Italia 90 he never wanted to take a pen and when he finally had to, his confidence was so low it was obvious he would miss. We didn't have anyone on that pitch to take the penalty so well done to Knockaert for stepping up and commiserations for missing but next season we will do well. The one thing I really can't understand when it comes to match preparation in such an important game is before hand we knew it could possibly end up in penalties so why was our great penalty taker not even on the bench? surely if it had got to penalties, having Gally on the bench would have given us a little more chance?

your comment basically calls pearson an amateur ! we should have even if it was pearson himself ! bad organisation ! 

The bloke who would've taken it (Wood) have been substituted. The next person to take it probably would've been Nugent (one penalty in his career). I heard others say King should've taken it (never taken one in a senior game).

So I fail to see how Knockaert taking it was the completely wrong decision.

Question once the penalty decision was given could we have brought gally on and let him take it?

And yes it was a very big deal.

And yes we should have had a plan for that situation

Gally had a good record but not  sure he was that confident in himself but to his credit he came up with the looking away/turn and  blast it  plan.

There aren't many plans we could have had, given the situation, better than letting our best attacking threat of the season, who had won the penalty and who wanted to take it, take it. Face it, either we were unlucky again or we are cursed, your choice.

And realistically, had we brought Gally on just to take it and he missed, a boo-boy would have jumped out the stands and assassinated NP there and then.

No keeper in the world was saving that penalty.

You say that, fabric of his gloves were in contact with the ball he only needed to be another inch or two taller and he'd have a good hand on it. Was a good effort from Alumunia.

Storming pen though.

Archived