Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Joe Dodoo - 2 year Contract

I want us produce 2 or 3 players every few years that are capable of playing at the level we all want the club to play at.

That just doesn't happen now, I'd rather have a poor youth team with 2/3 individuals excelling rather than a good team with no standouts that wins trophies.

When you look at what similar sized clubs like Southampton are bringing through we must be doing something wrong.

Have a look at the geography as Southamptons catchment area compared to ours. We basically have Leics before you are into someone else's territory where as they haven't got any real completion for miles and miles ( neither Bournemouth or Portsmouth have an Academy worth talking about ) makes a massive difference

Have a look at the geography as Southamptons catchment area compared to ours. We basically have Leics before you are into someone else's territory where as they haven't got any real completion for miles and miles ( neither Bournemouth or Portsmouth have an Academy worth talking about ) makes a massive difference

Having said that... what good has come out of Dierby's Cat 1 academy in the last few years?

Funnily enough our best prospects in recent years haven't come from Leicestershire at all... King, Gradel, Schlupp. I know the rules have recently changed hence why it's imperitive we get Cat one but we seem to pick up a fair few players from all over the world?

Hello. I am representative of the Russian website "Npower Ð¡hampionship". I search information of youngs players. On the official website "Leicester" not found this information. Please help me. Need facts date of birth players: Joe DodooJoshua Smith (Goalkeeper),  Jamie AntonJames PearsonAlie SesayMichael CainJak McCourtEddy SambaKyle Bailey. Thank you.

Having said that... what good has come out of Dierby's Cat 1 academy in the last few years?

Will Hughes? Jeff Hendrick joined them when he was about 15/16 if I remember correctly, and Mason Bennett is said to have a bright future ahead of him as well.

All those would have been developed well before they got Cat 1 status though. You won't really start seeing the benefits of having a Cat 1 academy for about 2 or 3 years at the very minimum.

Hendrick's no better than King & Bennett is as unknown as Schlupp. Hughes sounds very decent though although laughably quoted at £10mil.

Well, he was just asking what their academy has produced, and I told him - it's produced a few first teamers and a couple of decent prospects. Not really making any comment on their ability.

Really???? What happened to supporting young players, nobody knows how he will turn out but lets not put him down before his career has even started

I think such comments are made on the grounds that a lot of our more recent academy players do indeed disappear into obscurity after time, either they fall out with NP (Gradel), leave to supposedly better themselves (Mattock!) or get 'moved on' - but let's hope he is an exception to the rule like Andy King has been of course, plus the likes of Schlupp have been, albeit to a slightly lesser degree!

I think such comments are made on the grounds that a lot of our more recent academy players do indeed disappear into obscurity after time, either they fall out with NP (Gradel), leave to supposedly better themselves (Mattock!) or get 'moved on' - but let's hope he is an exception to the rule like Schlupp has been to a degree!

When did NP and Gradel fall out? Thought NP wanted him to stay?

When did NP and Gradel fall out? Thought NP wanted him to stay?

They didn't. He went out on loan to get some first team football at a League One club because he wasn't in our plans for the Championship and then he decided he wanted to leave the club permanently.

People are always very eager to shit stir on here, it's getting to the point now where Pearson has apparently stuck the nut on every single player in our squad.

They didn't. He went out on loan to get some first team football at a League One club because he wasn't in our plans for the Championship and then he decided he wanted to leave the club permanently.

People are always very eager to shit stir on here, it's getting to the point now where Pearson has apparently stuck the nut on every single player in our squad.

As I thought. Thanks

Well, he was just asking what their academy has produced, and I told him - it's produced a few first teamers and a couple of decent prospects. Not really making any comment on their ability.

Fair enough.

They're marginally better than us I'd say, if at all.

• 1 month later...

don't care - he will disappear like most of the guff our academy churns out

Just like Schlupp, Moore, King are academy churns out some decent players add in the one sold for 1million plus over the last few year Stearman, Matock etc.

Thet do a good job!

Archived