Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EcclesallOwl

Sean St Ledger

Jury is still out on SSL after 2 years, I've seen him play very well, and I've seen him play absolute crap, injuries haven't helped and his off the pitch antics have caused a few headlines, but I think if you can keep him fit and playing regularly he'll be happy and do a good job for most championship clubs.

I care mate he always gave a 100% to LCFC

An international player for 4 years but not good enough for us!

Another casualty of Pearson I'm afraid, to big of a name international scene and all that.. not good for moral

30-odd caps for the Republic of Ireland makes him too big a name for Pearson? He managed to cope with Nobby Solano, who has done far more than SSL in the game.

He's ok, nothing special really, would suit you boys at Wednesday.

Solid enough player at this level, as he proved at Preston.

He was popular there, it's true, but the consensus at the time was that his proposed 4 million move to Boro was vastly over-priced and we should also remember that, in addition to the play-off season he had with Preston, there was also a relegation struggle and, in his final season, they went down from this division. And he was, by all accounts, dreadful.

Add to that his diabolical experience at Boro (where one manager got fired within weeks of him signing, SSL lacked consistency and then quickly fell out with manager no.2) and Leicester (see 'Boro') and it becomes clear that he's far from 'solid'.

He is more reliable than WhitShitBread, so why are we getting rid?, unless we have an equally good if not better replacement then it makes no sense to me financial wise, I would keep him, the offset of the deadwood (Beckford et al) will give us a bigger wage and transfer budget.

Another casualty of Pearson I'm afraid, to big of a name international scene and all that.. not good for moral

If he's a casualty of anything it's being on more money than he's worth.

He is more reliable than WhitShitBread, so why are we getting rid?, unless we have an equally good if not better replacement then it makes no sense to me financial wise, I would keep him, the offset of the deadwood (Beckford et al) will give us a bigger wage and transfer budget.

He IS deadwood.

For Ireland...which even Sammon can get in..

He was popular there, it's true, but the consensus at the time was that his proposed 4 million move to Boro was vastly over-priced and we should also remember that, in addition to the play-off season he had with Preston, there was also a relegation struggle and, in his final season, they went down from this division. And he was, by all accounts, dreadful.

Add to that his diabolical experience at Boro (where one manager got fired within weeks of him signing, SSL lacked consistency and then quickly fell out with manager no.2) and Leicester (see 'Boro') and it becomes clear that he's far from 'solid'.

I'm pretty sure he made the play offs more than once there, Preston were a solid Championship team. Not sure if I'm thinking too far back to the Davies era though.

The only thing I doubt with St Ledger is his attitude. You brought up 'Boro, well he left after about 95 days because apparently he fell out with Strachan. He also fell out with NP here. And something must of happened at Posh for them to hate him (unless it's just because he moved clubs).

People moan about Pearson and player reputations, but sometimes, you have to look at the player and his history (as I've just posted). Also, yeah, St Ledger is an International but Pearson also managed Solano (a big name in football, and Peru's biggest name) at Leicester and then Hull.

I imagine its because St Ledger is on a far, far bigger wage than Whitbread.

Doesnt want to be here, sulked when iut of the team, irrelavant how good a player he is/isnt.

We need 'fully' commited players here.

I may be mistaken, but pretty sure ur wrong about him sulking.

Way I read his city career...

Started okay, then went to shit and got dropped.

Possibly dropped his lip for a bit but then pulled finger and worked his way back into the team.

Was part of our best defensive run this season, got injured then never got a look in when he recovered as we signed Keane.

I like him but if he's on the wages reported then its no surprise he's on the out.

Good championship defender, not world class as some think.

Think some forget what league we play in with the caliber of player they expect here, but then maybe out owners do too with the wages.

I'm pretty sure he made the play offs more than once there, Preston were a solid Championship team. Not sure if I'm thinking too far back to the Davies era though.

The only thing I doubt with St Ledger is his attitude. You brought up 'Boro, well he left after about 95 days because apparently he fell out with Strachan. He also fell out with NP here. And something must of happened at Posh for them to hate him (unless it's just because he moved clubs).

People moan about Pearson and player reputations, but sometimes, you have to look at the player and his history (as I've just posted). Also, yeah, St Ledger is an International but Pearson also managed Solano (a big name in football, and Peru's biggest name) at Leicester and then Hull.

I know he made the play-offs once, so I suppose we could say he was a part of a decent PNE side and a very poor one too.

I agree with pretty much everything else here, though. There are plenty of reasons to criticise Pearson, but I tend to think we needed a manager who could either bring players into line, or get rid of them. So we can hardly complain on that front.

Wages... surely that's obvious? Someone who is earning 20k a week and isn't a first team regular... it would be foolish to keep him.

I may be mistaken, but pretty sure ur wrong about him sulking.

Way I read his city career...

Started okay, then went to shit and got dropped.

Possibly dropped his lip for a bit but then pulled finger and worked his way back into the team.

Was part of our best defensive run this season, got injured then never got a look in when he recovered as we signed Keane.

I like him but if he's on the wages reported then its no surprise he's on the out.

Good championship defender, not world class as some think.

Think some forget what league we play in with the caliber of player they expect here, but then maybe out owners do too with the wages.

I understand (no source im afraid) that he, Danns and a couple others certainly DID sulk thus creating a negative atmosphere.

NP loaning him out and recalling Moore should tell you enough.

I understand (no source im afraid) that he, Danns and a couple others certainly DID sulk thus creating a negative atmosphere.

NP loaning him out and recalling Moore should tell you enough.

Way out with this!

SSL is one of the most liked by the players at the club.

Many were unhappy that SSL was loaned out.

Archived