Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Rivals signings

Not really, no better than Nugent.

Different player to Nugent, great in and around the box and has a better scoring record than Nugent. I think they would compliment each other at home and Wood and Sharp away from home

Billy Sharp is no better than what we already have.

Overrated.

Depends how highly he's rated, he's not a PL striker. I'd say he's a good championship striker but not much more than that. He's scored two worldies against us which might cloud people's judgement.

Depends how highly he's rated, he's not a PL striker. I'd say he's a good championship striker but not much more than that. He's scored two worldies against us which might cloud people's judgement.

Well, I've always had the same opinion of him.

He failed in a good side at Sheffield UTD and was released. Scored lots of goals in a poor Scunthorpe team. Resigned for Sheffield UTD (who at the time had a good team), and failed again. Scored lots of goals in a fairly poor Doncaster team, rejected us to sign for Southampton and scored a few goals. Wasn't good enough for the PL and loaned to Forest. Managed 10 goals in 39.

Honestly, he isn't as good as Nugent or Wood. And will want high wages.

Well, I've always had the same opinion of him.

He failed in a good side at Sheffield UTD and was released. Scored lots of goals in a poor Scunthorpe team. Resigned for Sheffield UTD (who at the time had a good team), and failed again. Scored lots of goals in a fairly poor Doncaster team, rejected us to sign for Southampton and scored a few goals. Wasn't good enough for the PL and loaned to Forest. Managed 10 goals in 39.

Honestly, he isn't as good as Nugent or Wood. And will want high wages.

I can't really speak for what happened at forest, his record there isn't terrible and as stated above he wasn't a regular under Davies. He had a very good couple of seasons at Doncaster, including a cracking run of form in a relegated side in the 11/12 season, and when he got his move to Southampton continued to knock in the goals.

I'd say he's certainly capable at this level, I don't think he's what we're looking for but I'm sure if he were to join another championship club he'd comfortably hit double figures if he was a regular.

Wont matter we can't afford him till we get rid of highly paid dross.

FFP is gonna fvck us up if that don't we would go bust anyway.

Yeah, agreed.

The thing is though, I can't see none of our highly paid players actually leaving.

The FFP thing seems stupid - I'm sure it's only going to affect the 'smaller' clubs, the bigger ones will get around it, like they always do.

Yeah, agreed.

The thing is though, I can't see none of our highly paid players actually leaving.

The FFP thing seems stupid - I'm sure it's only going to affect the 'smaller' clubs, the bigger ones will get around it, like they always do.

They won't unless we give them away (pay up contracts or sell for really stupid money)

We pay them too much and none are worth it.

The only clubs that can afford them are PL clubs and none of them are good enough to intrest PL clubs.

All those on here saying we need to get rid are correct we do but we wont no fvcker wants them.

So true....unfortunately we're lumbered with a number of players we don't want, using up financial resources that we do need, and with no real hope of shedding unless someone is willing to dig deep to pay them off! :(

The onlyones that can pay them off is us.

I would think we are close to FFP limits anyway also paying them off in one go means 2 or 3 yrs wages per player showing this yr not spread out. 

So if we pay them off we get nothing in to buy new players or towards new players wages if freebies :(

I really don't think we are in a good position unless somehow we get up this year.

Not being a doome and gloom monger just saying it how I see it.

Think your'e 100% spot on. 2013-14 is gonna be make or break. Another failure next season and I reckon we're just about f***ed long term!

The following season is minus points for over spending pounds.

So as we are so far in debt we may be fvcked if we don't make it this year :(  :(  :(

The following season is minus points for over spending pounds.

So as we are so far in debt we may be fvcked if we don't make it this year :(  :(  :(

There aren't points deductions. Just fines and transfer embargoes.

Different player to Nugent, great in and around the box and has a better scoring record than Nugent. I think they would compliment each other at home and Wood and Sharp away from home

Not really, less goals than Nugent this year and would be another high earner, no thanks

Guest ttfn

People think Beckfords greedy, Sharp asked for just as much per week as him, maybe more, and Southampton were willing to pay it. If rumours are to be believed. Correct me if im wrong. People also say Beckford was a waste of money, what about Sharp for them?

Sharp's goals helped Southampton get promoted.

Does make me laugh when people say certain players are no better than what we already have so we shouldn't sign them. I understand the need to improve, but that is very difficult to find players miles better than you already have when you're in this league, so how about we sign some proven championship players and have a bit of competition for places. Sharp may be no better than Nugent, but he's probably as good. Where's Nugent's pressure to work for his place in the team when all he's got pressuring him for a place in the team are kids and substandard strikers? Sign players like Sharp, and we'll have more strength in depth, player will work harder for a starting spot and we'll have more chance of promotion.

I assumed nugent was more similar to cox. Great work rate and more likely to create chances for others then to be the striker who hovers on the shoulder of defenders looking for a gap.

Sharp suffered from poor service with us too as we had precisely no width last year so everything was very narrow. Very much a goalscorer and will score given a run of first team games. He'll be a good buy for whoever gets him.

Archived