Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Rivals signings

Does make me laugh when people say certain players are no better than what we already have so we shouldn't sign them. I understand the need to improve, but that is very difficult to find players miles better than you already have when you're in this league, so how about we sign some proven championship players and have a bit of competition for places. Sharp may be no better than Nugent, but he's probably as good. Where's Nugent's pressure to work for his place in the team when all he's got pressuring him for a place in the team are kids and substandard strikers? Sign players like Sharp, and we'll have more strength in depth, player will work harder for a starting spot and we'll have more chance of promotion.

Agree in this case. Nugent and Wood were both shockingly out of form for months last season and had no real competition. A player like Sharp would be a good signing, we certainly need another striker IMO.

I do think in certain other areas we need better than we already have.

I wouldn't say 2013/14 is make or break, or we're "fvcked if we don't go up", did people not say that about the last two years? I agree our current situation isn't ideal but it could definitely be worse, at least we do have some very decent players tied down at the club.

Wouldn't go near Sharp either. Maybe I'm in a minority but it's just morals, I wouldn't go near any player in the world who's turned us down twice already.

I wouldn't say 2013/14 is make or break, or we're "fvcked if we don't go up", did people not say that about the last two years? I agree our current situation isn't ideal but it could definitely be worse, at least we do have some very decent players tied down at the club.

Wouldn't go near Sharp either. Maybe I'm in a minority but it's just morals, I wouldn't go near any player in the world who's turned us down twice already.

If we don't go up and fall short of the FFP reg's we face a fine and transfer embargo.

I would think that will then kill our chances for the 14/15 season that pretty much make or break in my book.

If we don't go up and fall short of the FFP reg's we face a fine and transfer embargo.

I would think that will then kill our chances for the 14/15 season that pretty much make or break in my book.

Fixed

You are only fined a percentage of your loses if your promoted 

We don't know the reason why he turned us down,but if my memory is right had his son died around that time....could be it was not the right move for him and opted for a fresh start on the south coast with Southampton.

We don't know the reason why he turned us down,but if my memory is right had his son died around that time....could be it was not the right move for him and opted for a fresh start on the south coast with Southampton.

He said he didn't want to be too far away from his family up north. And then he moved to Southampton.

Hammill signs for Huddersfield.

Interesting to see which teams have been busy in the championship lo and behold it is Brum City!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/championship/10120670/Championship-Summer-Transfers-2013.html

Not a great deal of activity makes me feel better about our lack of ins and outs. Reading signings of Bridge and Drenthe are prob best, them and QPR must have strong squads to go up

Not a great deal of activity makes me feel better about our lack of ins and outs. Reading signings of Bridge and Drenthe are prob best, them and QPR must have strong squads to go up

Agreed however,

I personally don't want many players coming in and out this summer. Get rid of the deadwood (Beckford, Gally ect..) and build on the quality we have. All these so called 'fans' who are moaning about the lack of activity are still playing the 'Sven Goran Erikson's: Football Manager 2012' game and still haven't come to terms that this is'nt a computer game and its the real world we live in. We need to build a solid SQUAD not a team of individuals. 

Also, surely Mark Yeates is worth a shout on a free? Wouldn't have a high wage, and has got absolute tekkers

Once you've stuck your middle finger up to the family stand, I'm afraid you've crossed a line with LCFC. Susan Whelan wouldn't be having any of it.

Also, surely Mark Yeates is worth a shout on a free? Wouldn't have a high wage, and has got absolute tekkers

Been there. He showed me none of his 'tekkers' last time he was here.

Once you've stuck your middle finger up to the family stand, I'm afraid you've crossed a line with LCFC. Susan Whelan wouldn't be having any of it.

Not just crossed the line with LCFC, but with the fans also. Don't like him.

Archived