Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Rivals signings

We don't know the reason why he turned us down,but if my memory is right had his son died around that time....could be it was not the right move for him and opted for a fresh start on the south coast with Southampton.

All seems very bizarre. At the end of the day he's had two chances to join us I believe, and turned us down on both occasions. He's got no desire to play for Leicester as he's proven so that alone should end all interest.

If we don't go up and fall short of the FFP reg's we face a fine and transfer embargo.

I would think that will then kill our chances for the 14/15 season that pretty much make or break in my book.

I don't think it's a case of 'killing chances', any old shite can get out of this league if they make shrewd signings (regardless of cost), look at Palace & Blackpool.

I agree it makes it harder for us, but certainly not impossible.

Danny Simpson to QPR, good signing.

Has anyone even left QPR yet?

I reckon they might go up and the money from it will help them out a lot. Even if they are financially screwed this season they still probably won't shift most of their players who could easily do well in the championship

I reckon they might go up and the money from it will help them out a lot. Even if they are financially screwed this season they still probably won't shift most of their players who could easily do well in the championship

If that was the case and they could keep everyone this season, factoring in Reading's signings, the parachute payments and FFP it is starting to feel a bit ridiculous. Relegation doesn't seem at all like a real punishment for being shit now and you get a huge advantage in trying to go up again.

Danny Simpson to QPR, good signing.

Has anyone even left QPR yet?

Superb signing, he's top ten PL class for me.

Strange one that if its true. Didn't he only sign for Leeds in January?

Certainly wouldnt mind him down here.

Didn't Warnock sign him though and not McDermott? Perhaps Brian ain't a fan? I'd have him, straight swap for Beckford.

Morison was looking premiership class with Millwall at the time, Think he may just keep them up now. 

Hes not the only striker to score shit loads in the championship or lower and then quickly sign for a prem team and flop in the premier league. DJ, Eastwood, Baldock, Vaz Te, Sharp, Maynard the list goes on. 

Maybe Vaz Te is the only one to do well 

But if you notice if you stay at your championship club and go up with them the strikers don't tend to flop in the premier league. Holt, Lambert ect

Didn't Warnock sign him though and not McDermott? Perhaps Brian ain't a fan? I'd have him, straight swap for Beckford.

Yeah I think he was part of the Bechio deal if I remember correctly.

Certainly wouldnt mind a straight swap for beckford. The Leeds fans still love him.

Morrison has refused to move within an hours commute of Leeds and still lives down south.

McDermott has said the team have to show commitment to Leeds by being local which he hasnt so he's got rid to prove a point I think.

Morison was looking premiership class with Millwall at the time, Think he may just keep them up now.

Hes not the only striker to score shit loads in the championship or lower and then quickly sign for a prem team and flop in the premier league. DJ, Eastwood, Baldock, Vaz Te, Sharp, Maynard the list goes on.

Maybe Vaz Te is the only one to do well

But if you notice if you stay at your championship club and go up with them the strikers don't tend to flop in the premier league. Holt, Lambert ect

DJ did alright with Blackpool in the premiership.

Can't remember Eastwood ever playing in the premiership.

Don't think billy sharp made an appearance in the premier league for Southampton.

Agree with baldock though I imagine he was never going to be a regular for West Ham once they got promoted.

DJ did alright with Blackpool in the premiership.

Can't remember Eastwood ever playing in the premiership.

Don't think billy sharp made an appearance in the premier league for Southampton.

Agree with baldock though I imagine he was never going to be a regular for West Ham once they got promoted.

Okay you may be right with Eastwood, I was thinking when he was scoring all the goals for Southend in League 1 and 2 then made the move to Coventry if I'm right? Then flopped. Just like a Mr Jamie Vardy. 

My point is maybe its better for your football career to actually stay where you are known for scoring, where the fans love you ect. Instead of moving to a club in a higher division where you become a nobody. 

Archived