Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Rivals signings

Bloody watford are at it again just been on their news now. Feed and they are signing three italians on loan from UDinese? I thought the league had put a stop to this. it's also in Forza news.

You're still allowed to loan players in, just that there's a cap of five for the matchday squad now.

This is very good news IMO, Watford fans were banging on about how they were going to sign players and abandon the loan route. It seems as if they're still having to loan players in which I much prefer. Do you know which players they're trying to bring in?

Maybe they will, but lots of people were saying that when we signed the likes of Fernandes, Johnson, Bamba, Mills etc. Sometimes keeping big ego's happy has a negative effect. Whilst on paper they look very strong, it's how they adapt to this league that will determine their fate.

Adkins is no mug at this level either, I think they'll do very well.

If Wigan hang on to most of their players they'll do well I think, although Coyle is shite.

Reading will walk it next year.

People said Bolton, Blackburn and Wolves would walk it last season, how did that work out?

Reading have got a bang average squad, I don't know why everyone's so convinced that they're going to steamroll this league? Adkins did well at Southampton, but that's mostly because he inherited a superb side, he didn't really have to do much in terms of rebuilding it... Reading's needs some work doing on it if you ask me. This is the season when we'll see if the hype surrounding Adkins is just that, or if he's actually a decent manager. Jury's still out for me.

Bloody watford are at it again just been on their news now. Feed and they are signing three italians on loan from UDinese? I thought the league had put a stop to this. it's also in Forza news.

Their still allowed five in match day squad, expect them to sign at least that amount, possible even 6 or 7.

It will be interesting with Reading and Adkins. Having watching plenty of Southampton over the last few seasons it seems outrageous to say but I'm not convinced that Adkins is a brilliant manager. I felt he inherited a team full of talent, either bought by Pardew or developed through academy, which matured at the right time. Of course he had to harness that talent into a double promotion winning side however there were decisions he made along the way which didn't make a great deal of sense.

This for me is his acid test of management. One I think he may struggle with.

It will be interesting with Reading and Adkins. Having watching plenty of Southampton over the last few seasons it seems outrageous to say but I'm not convinced that Adkins is a brilliant manager. I felt he inherited a team full of talent, either bought by Pardew or developed through academy, which matured at the right time. Of course he had to harness that talent into a double promotion winning side however there were decisions he made along the way which didn't make a great deal of sense.

This.

With Scunthorpe he won the League One title, got them up again after being relegated and then kept them up. He kept Scunthorpe in the Championship, I think its fair to say he's a good manager.

Have forest released any players? Even last season it seems they had too many on the books.

Not unless you count the loans we had. Sharp's gone, hutchinson's gone, ward has gone and I think that's it. We've resigned Henderson and jara so in net terms we're probably weaker then last year.

Sent from my HUAWEI U8815 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

He also won promotion with Scunthorpe and took them to the JPT final. Then kept them in the Championship. All on no budget.

Not unless you count the loans we had. Sharp's gone, hutchinson's gone, ward has gone and I think that's it. We've resigned Henderson and jara so in net terms we're probably weaker then last year.

Really expected more from Sharp and Cox as your frontline last season, thought they'd both be near the top scorers in the league.

Really expected more from Sharp and Cox as your frontline last season, thought they'd both be near the top scorers in the league.

So did I. With SOD in charge those two were starting to look lively. I think sharp finished as one of, if not the top scorer. BD prefers to play with a big lump and a more mobile player up front and cox offers more then sharp. So Sharp had bugger all game time once Davies turned up.

Does that mean Sharp is back at Southampton and thus probably available?

Yeah. He tweeted the other day saying he's back at Southampton, with two years left on his contract.

In the same day, he tweeted a Forest fan saying he hopes that a return to Forest is an option.

So did I. With SOD in charge those two were starting to look lively. I think sharp finished as one of, if not the top scorer. BD prefers to play with a big lump and a more mobile player up front and cox offers more then sharp. So Sharp had bugger all game time once Davies turned up.

Interested to see where Sharp ends up next season, he won't be playing for Saints but will be quite expensive for any Championship club. Expect another season long loan I think.

New phone RH? :D

Archived