Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wilson_6

Barry Bannan

Yet pearson still insisted in playing oakley wide in place of gradel!

Come on. It was rare that Oakley played out on the right. The majority of that season it was King and Oakley in the middle. The only time Oakley played out there was after Cleverly was injured or more steel was needed in the middle and Spearing cane in. Even then Gradel played and we had 3 in the centre.

I'm not Pearsons biggest fan, but people do tend to use specific situations rather than general trends to beat him with a stick over.

In regards to Bannan, when i've seen him play he looks decent. I wont use my imaginary Villa friends to back up my argument.

I'd be happy with the signing.

You do realise he didn't play as an attacking midfielder when he scored all those goals don't you?

We played 4-3-3 most of the 10-11 season where he scored 16 goals, he had more license to get forward in that formation.

We played 4-3-3 most of the 10-11 season where he scored 16 goals, he had more license to get forward in that formation.

He scored goals by making late runs into the box. An attacking midfielder e.g. Kevin Nolan is already in the box. Sven tried playing him as an attacking mid and it didn't work because he was being marked and the defenders could anticipate his runs. Yes playing 3 in the middle allows him to make more of these late runs, but it doesn't mean he's a CAM

You sound like an absolute clown mate. Listen to yourself. 

I've watched Bannan a number of times with Villa supporting mates & they all have the same opinion. They're laughing like ****. 

I know it's all hearsay & Twitter bollocks but if Pearson is seriously interested in players like Bannan & Conor Sammon we're more ****ed than I thought. 

Still, will speed up his exit from the club I guess.  :thumbup:

The fact is you don't like Pearson no matter what he does. If he signed Ronaldo tommoro  you'd say he eats to much fish being Portuguese. Keep your bigoted opinions to yourself.

Agreed. Everyone was too far up his arse after he scored that free-kick against MK Dons.

Or in general. I think he promised so much yet delivered nothing special. He had the makings to be an absolute crowd favourite for us and he was pretty average to me.

Why was this? You could argue it was Pearson but it didn't stop Lloyd Dyer tearing that league a new one.

It never made much sense to me. He's now playing in a far better side than us and one where quality wingers are very regular.

As for 'anothershitseason', wasn't it him who even admitted he was against Pearson from day one? That to me makes you a **** and a complete irrelevance as far as taking opinions go. Your mind is made up before anything even happens lol

Agreed. Everyone was too far up his arse after he scored that free-kick against MK Dons.

He was like 20-21 when he was playing regularly for us. He played pretty well at a young age, I don't think anyone was claiming that he was the finished product, but he ended up scoring 18 goals in the Championship for Leeds a few seasons later, so the people who felt he had the potential to do really well for us were clearly right. That free-kick was a fantastic moment in a brilliant season, but it wasn't the only reason that people praised Gradel, he was one of the most exciting players to come out of our academy for years.

The fact is you don't like Pearson no matter what he does. If he signed Ronaldo tommoro  you'd say he eats to much fish being Portuguese. Keep your bigoted opinions to yourself.

As for 'anothershitseason', wasn't it him who even admitted he was against Pearson from day one? That to me makes you a **** and a complete irrelevance as far as taking opinions go. Your mind is made up before anything even happens lol

The more I read from him, the more I'm convinced he's a WUM so I'm not going to engage him in a pointless back and forth or judge others on his comments.

Going back to Bannan, based on his conviction and his more recent decline in performances. I think that if we were to go for him, it might be more beneficial to do it on loan rather than sign him outright, although I guess if he were to perform particularly well, we'd stand less chance of getting him permanently. Difficult to weigh up the risk vs reward in these types of circumstances and NP isn't a huge risk taker.

The more I read from him, the more I'm convinced he's a WUM so I'm not going to engage him in a pointless back and forth or judge others on his comments.

Going back to Bannan, based on his conviction and his more recent decline in performances. I think that if we were to go for him, it might be more beneficial to do it on loan rather than sign him outright, although I guess if he were to perform particularly well, we'd stand less chance of getting him permanently. Difficult to weigh up the risk vs reward in these types of circumstances and NP isn't a huge risk taker.

Jamie Vardy - No Football League Experience - £1,000,000

Anthony Knockaert - Never Played In English Football - Reportedly £2,500,000

Not saying that he does it all the time, but he seems more than willing to take a risk on a signing to me.

Not saying that he does it all the time, but he seems more than willing to take a risk on a signing to me.

Fair point. Different type of risk I think but you're right. He would fit the profile of young and talented with something to prove as well.

How very big of you. 

Anyway, a WUM!? I can only presume this is some sort of teenage cyberspace insult so I'll disregard. 

Instead of a WUM, as you say, think of me as a visionary, a realist, someone who can see 10 steps ahead. Un-blinkered. 

A few games in with Coco in charge you'll see.

In the meantime...don't hate me 'cause I'm different.

Ps. Thanks to all those who have PM'd to agree with my reasoned & insightful points of view. It's not so bad on here after all. 

He was like 20-21 when he was playing regularly for us. He played pretty well at a young age, I don't think anyone was claiming that he was the finished product, but he ended up scoring 18 goals in the Championship for Leeds a few seasons later, so the people who felt he had the potential to do really well for us were clearly right. That free-kick was a fantastic moment in a brilliant season, but it wasn't the only reason that people praised Gradel, he was one of the most exciting players to come out of our academy for years.

It was League One for christ sake, we did what was expected of us. We shouldn't have even been in that position.

It was League One for christ sake, we did what was expected of us. We shouldn't have even been in that position.

It was still a brilliant season. Sure if you were lucky enough to be around to see us win the League Cup on the few occasions we have or for the Second Tier Play-Off Finals it might not have been as enjoyable, but for people like me who prior to that had seen one promotion, two Premier League relegations and countless mediocre seasons in the Championship, it was pretty brilliant.

This. I actually think his personality masks a lot of what genuinely happens. If Holloway had done either of those it'd be added to extravagant (probably the wrong word) things he's done. Same as the play-off games, beating Ipswich 6-0 etc...

How very big of you.

Anyway, a WUM!? I can only presume this is some sort of teenage cyberspace insult so I'll disregard.

Instead of a WUM, as you say, think of me as a visionary, a realist, someone who can see 10 steps ahead. Un-blinkered.

Ps. Thanks to all those who have PM'd to agree with my reasoned & insightful points of view. It's not so bad on here after all.

Do you hear voices in your head agreeing with your reasoned & insightful points of view too?

How very big of you. 

You must have been having a terrible time between September and February, feel for you mate.

What did you do on Saturdays during that period? Sit in a dark room wanking over the Burton Albion game?

Archived