Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wilson_6

Barry Bannan

Just asked my Villa mate what he thinks of him. "Worst player I've ever seen in a Villa shirt" :mellow:

I know a couple of Villa fans who said none of their mates rated O'Neill. They were 5th at the time. This rendered all future opinions of Villa fans invalid IMO.

Guest MattP

When first came on the scene at Villa he was being branded as the next Gareth Barry, his first season he was cracking, fast and very creative. The following season he started the season to how he left it, first three months he was looking to be one our of most creative players on the pitch, then suddenly wham! he was involved in a drink driving incident. Which seen him fined and suspended from the club for a few weeks . When he finally returned to the team he wasn't the same player. He didn't look fit or bothered, plus the lad seems to have an attitude problem. Going towards the end of season we hardly seen him, some say there was a bust up between him and McLeish. The summer came Lambert was now in charge and we all hoped that with Lambert in charge he me get the best out of him once again. Sadly he is still poor as was the season before. We haven't seen much of him, this season in a villa shirt but he spends most of time on twitter making negative comments about his fellow players and sulking about not being in the team.

Without doubt a loan may benefit both clubs but the lad has got serious attitude problem that needs to be sorted. 

I absolute love in this day and age how a player can never actually be dropped from a side be it Rooney, Bannan or Beckford with fans automatically assuming they must have had a bust up lol

Marcus Fairweather knows nothing.

lol lol How do you know him? It isn't him either - for what it's worth he actually rates him, and is actually the only Villa fan (according to the one I asked) who does.

He's just a Scottish Knockaert. This is what annoys me about Pearson he rarely goes for an out and out winger to sign as he prefers attacking fullbacks. But if he likes attacking fullbacks so much he should stop playing 4-4-2 and stop getting the RM/LM to cover and just play 3-5-2. That way players like Knockaert, Marshall and Bannan if we sign him can thrive in their favoured position in a free role in the middle of the field.

Love how every thread turns into an anti perason thread. We have been linked by a non reliable source to a premier league midfielder must mean Pearson out not a clue.

I tell you what Nigel don't think you can come into our club and sign these fancy premier league midfielders, there all rubbish, and you can forget those lower league ones too, they are all crap, while we're at it don't even think about bringing in Jonny foreigner they're all lazy divers those foreigners.

We should sack Pearson now and bring in ginerrrfox he knows what he's doing he would play 3 players in a free roll behind the front 2, how could we lose

Love how every thread turns into an anti perason thread. We have been linked by a non reliable source to a premier league midfielder must mean Pearson out not a clue.

I tell you what Nigel don't think you can come into our club and sign these fancy premier league midfielders, there all rubbish, and you can forget those lower league ones too, they are all crap, while we're at it don't even think about bringing in Jonny foreigner they're all lazy divers those foreigners.

We should sack Pearson now and bring in ginerrrfox he knows what he's doing he would play 3 players in a free roll behind the front 2, how could we lose

I'm probably one of Pearson's biggest supporters on here. The only thing I don't agree with is his love of signing attacking midfielders who excel playing behind the front two and sticking them on the wing. Gallagher always played that way before he came here, Knockaert played there for Guingamp and their fans were surprised he was playing on the wing for us, Marshall played a combination of wing and central attacking midfield for Wednesday but has proven to be much better in a central role. Pearson has even stuck out and out central midfielders like Matt Oakley out on the wing before to cover for attacking fullbacks. 

Tactically he has stated before that he likes attacking full backs and he asks his wingers to be a lot more defensive than they are used to, Marshall even came out in the press this season and said he has found it difficult working on the defensive side of his game but he's been trying to. If we signed Bannan he would be expected to do exactly the same thing as Gallagher, Marshall and Knockaert before him. Gallagher excluded IMO they are all great attacking players so why nullify that with the system he plays?

For me if you are gonna ask your full backs to bomb on and be attacking and ask your wide midfielders to drop off to cover it makes no sense. You'd be better off following a similar system to Watford with Anya and Briggs both attacking full backs playing as wing backs in a 3-5-2 formation. That way you can keep 2 up top (Deeney/Vydra & Wood/Nugent) still have width but also plenty of cover at the back. I'd play 1 holding midfielder and 2 free role midfielders not all 3 like you said but I'm not bashing Pearson I just think the way in which our squad is formed we suit a 3-5-2 much more than anything else. 

Barry Bannan FFS.  :frusty:

Pearson is a moron. 

lol It's posts like this which make me feel a bit sorry for others that fall under the 'Pearson out' remit as it makes the whole group look completely foolish. While I completely disagree with that view, some actually manage to articulate their points and reasoning well but unfortunately I find it hard to take any of them seriously, mainly because of posts like this.

In terms of Barry Bannan, I remember when he was on loan at Blackpool and had a storming 45 minutes at Bloomfield Road against us before going off injured. At Villa, he did seem to be a regular standout performer at one stage. Did something very stupid in terms of his drink driving but seem to remember that I was impressed with the way he reacted in his interviews, showed more remorse than you get from most in that situation.

lol It's posts like this which make me feel a bit sorry for others that fall under the 'Pearson out' remit as it makes the whole group look completely foolish. While I completely disagree with that view, some actually manage to articulate their points and reasoning well but unfortunately I find it hard to take any of them seriously, mainly because of posts like this.

In terms of Barry Bannan, I remember when he was on loan at Blackpool and had a storming 45 minutes at Bloomfield Road against us before going off injured. At Villa, he did seem to be a regular standout performer at one stage. Did something very stupid in terms of his drink driving but seem to remember that I was impressed with the way he reacted in his interviews, showed more remorse than you get from most in that situation.

Both sides of the argument have idiots. No doubt about it.

You sound like an absolute clown mate. Listen to yourself. 

I've watched Bannan a number of times with Villa supporting mates & they all have the same opinion. They're laughing like ****. 

I know it's all hearsay & Twitter bollocks but if Pearson is seriously interested in players like Bannan & Conor Sammon we're more ****ed than I thought. 

Still, will speed up his exit from the club I guess.  :thumbup:

I'm probably one of Pearson's biggest supporters on here. The only thing I don't agree with is his love of signing attacking midfielders who excel playing behind the front two and sticking them on the wing. Gallagher always played that way before he came here, Knockaert played there for Guingamp and their fans were surprised he was playing on the wing for us, Marshall played a combination of wing and central attacking midfield for Wednesday but has proven to be much better in a central role. Pearson has even stuck out and out central midfielders like Matt Oakley out on the wing before to cover for attacking fullbacks. 

Tactically he has stated before that he likes attacking full backs and he asks his wingers to be a lot more defensive than they are used to, Marshall even came out in the press this season and said he has found it difficult working on the defensive side of his game but he's been trying to. If we signed Bannan he would be expected to do exactly the same thing as Gallagher, Marshall and Knockaert before him. Gallagher excluded IMO they are all great attacking players so why nullify that with the system he plays?

For me if you are gonna ask your full backs to bomb on and be attacking and ask your wide midfielders to drop off to cover it makes no sense. You'd be better off following a similar system to Watford with Anya and Briggs both attacking full backs playing as wing backs in a 3-5-2 formation. That way you can keep 2 up top (Deeney/Vydra & Wood/Nugent) still have width but also plenty of cover at the back. I'd play 1 holding midfielder and 2 free role midfielders not all 3 like you said but I'm not bashing Pearson I just think the way in which our squad is formed we suit a 3-5-2 much more than anything else. 

Good post, but surely he would not be doing this as purposefully as that? If he loves 4-4-2 so much why does he not just buy out-and-out wingers? Most of the time he has seemed perfectly happy to let Knocky drift into the middle and get amongst it there.

Good post, but surely he would not be doing this as purposefully as that? If he loves 4-4-2 so much why does he not just buy out-and-out wingers? Most of the time he has seemed perfectly happy to let Knocky drift into the middle and get amongst it there.

This is the problem that formation isn't effective for the players we have, I see Knockaert and Marshall as central attacking midfielders, 4-2-2-2 formation perhaps?

Beats me. In our League 1 season we were dangerous with Gradel and Dyer on the wings.

Archived