Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wilson_6

Barry Bannan

http://first4lcfc.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/leicester-city-after-aston-villa.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+First4lcfc+%28first4lcfc%29

Leicester City After Aston Villa Midfielder

Leicester City have today been linked with a loan move for Aston Villa midfielder Barry Bannan.

Bannan has spent time away from Aston Villa on loan to Championship clubs before, with time spent at Derby County, Blackpool and Leeds United, however, having became a first team regular last term this speculation comes as somewhat of a surprise.

The 23 year old Scotland international made 30 appearances in all competitions for Villa last term, but despite this the midfielder has been linked with a loan move to Leicester.

If Bannan was to be made available for loan it would be expected that Leicester City would not remain the only interested party in securing his services.

Is there an actual source? First4lcfc is full of shite. Last year whoever is behind it wrote something like "Name a player and I'll start a rumour!" Dickhead.

On another note, I don't know much about Barry Bannan so I don't really have an opinion on the matter.

Is there an actual source? First4lcfc is full of shite. Last year whoever is behind it wrote something like "Name a player and I'll start a rumour!" Dickhead.

On another note, I don't know much about Barry Bannan so I don't really have an opinion on the matter.

LCFC World reported it first so they're to blame if no truth in it, not first4LCFC.

I think that might have been tongue firmly in cheek in response to random rumours that get started on Twitter.

I think that might have been tongue firmly in cheek in response to random rumours that get started on Twitter.

Maybe you're right, but I disagree :)

As long as he enjoys writing his blog and people read it then that's fine I guess.

He's just a Scottish Knockaert. This is what annoys me about Pearson he rarely goes for an out and out winger to sign as he prefers attacking fullbacks. But if he likes attacking fullbacks so much he should stop playing 4-4-2 and stop getting the RM/LM to cover and just play 3-5-2. That way players like Knockaert, Marshall and Bannan if we sign him can thrive in their favoured position in a free role in the middle of the field.

He's just a Scottish Knockaert. This is what annoys me about Pearson he rarely goes for an out and out winger to sign as he prefers attacking fullbacks. But if he likes attacking fullbacks so much he should stop playing 4-4-2 and stop getting the RM/LM to cover and just play 3-5-2. That way players like Knockaert, Marshall and Bannan if we sign him can thrive in their favoured position in a free role in the middle of the field.

Everytime i've seen Bannan play he has played central midfield..

I think it might be make or break for Bannan at Villa. Nonetheless a good player.

Everytime i've seen Bannan play he has played central midfield..

I think it might be make or break for Bannan at Villa. Nonetheless a good player.

The same as Gallagher at Blackburn. He won't play CM if he comes here though Pearson will stick him on the wing. Like Marshall, Gallagher, Knockaert and Oakley before him.

Just asked my Villa mate what he thinks of him. "Worst player I've ever seen in a Villa shirt" :mellow:

Doesn't surprise me, these statements about Pearson's targets usual mean they're actually decent.

That's if we're actually in for him.

Always seemed like a decent player, but I'm not a Villa fan/don't watch him every week.

Would have thought he'd be ok for this division though, seems to know how to pass a ball anyway.

When first came on the scene at Villa he was being branded as the next Gareth Barry, his first season he was cracking, fast and very creative. The following season he started the season to how he left it, first three months he was looking to be one our of most creative players on the pitch, then suddenly wham! he was involved in a drink driving incident. Which seen him fined and suspended from the club for a few weeks . When he finally returned to the team he wasn't the same player. He didn't look fit or bothered, plus the lad seems to have an attitude problem. Going towards the end of season we hardly seen him, some say there was a bust up between him and McLeish. The summer came Lambert was now in charge and we all hoped that with Lambert in charge he me get the best out of him once again. Sadly he is still poor as was the season before. We haven't seen much of him, this season in a villa shirt but he spends most of time on twitter making negative comments about his fellow players and sulking about not being in the team.

Without doubt a loan may benefit both clubs but the lad has got serious attitude problem that needs to be sorted. 

Archived