Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ian the fox

40k a week

Congratulations,  a poor player to have played in the tournament. Difference is, Bamba was in the same team as the likes of Drogba,  Yaya Toure, Kalou, Gervinhio, Zokora..... It does make me laugh, that for all the people calling Mills and Bamba, that was the best centre half pairing weve had in recent seasons.

Djemba Djemba played in the same team as Van Nistelrooy and Roy Keane.

Bebe played in the same team as Ronaldo and Rooney.

Junior Lewis played in the same team as Muzzy Izzet and Paul Dickov.

Yeah, and?

Mills and Bamba weren't that good, imo anyway. Brown and Hobbs were better, more solid, as were Morgan and St Ledger earlier in the season.

Yeah, and?

Mills and Bamba weren't that good, imo anyway. Brown and Hobbs were better, more solid, as were Morgan and St Ledger earlier in the season.

St Ledger solid lol

:whistle:

St Ledger solid lol

:whistle:

I do think he is good enough, I just doubt his attitude.

When he played regular before picking up an injury, I thought we were ok enough at the back. I recall a couple of clean sheets as well... I certainly think he is better than Whitbread.

We are missing 1 key point here, if we had signed Lewandowski we would have probably turned him shit by crippling his self esteem and confidence overnight

The key point in all this (for me at least) is this:

ANY DECENT managerial team, with the level of investment afforded to them, would have walked out this league last season. 

You can blame Sven, Sousa, Neville all you like but Coco & his Delusions of Grandeur shit is not the man for LCFC.

I do think he is good enough, I just doubt his attitude.

When he played regular before picking up an injury, I thought we were ok enough at the back. I recall a couple of clean sheets as well... I certainly think he is better than Whitbread.

I jest buddy, tbf can't really disagree with you. I think he did look ok for a while last season but like you say he has got a sus temperament which I think is a big reason we are supposedly getting rid

Bamba would've been a top defender if he had a brain. Had the attributes just no footballing brain at all. Not terrible by any means though, good business I'd say to get him for £250k, very nominal wages and then sold on once he demanded loads, for four times what we paid. Good move all round, I'd say.

ANY DECENT managerial team, with the level of investment afforded to them, would have walked out this league last season. 

You can blame Sven, Sousa, Neville all you like but Coco & his Delusions of Grandeur shit is not the man for LCFC.

But the only managerial team to have even come close to promotion back to the PL (since our relegation 10 years ago), is that of NP's.

But nobody takes the blame apart from the manager. And NP knows that, he hasn't once tried to avoid that fact.

lol lol So true...

Get fed up of all this 'it wasn't Sven' stuff. He's the manager ffs. When it's Sven, it's Neville's fault, but when it's a Pearson signing, it's Pearson's fault!! Manager is the manager, end of.

Embarrassing that people try and defend him in this case. If he didn't oversee it then that is appalling management.

Yeah, and?

The difference is, none of the players you've mentioned were integral to the sides they played in, unlike Bamba for the Ivory Coast.  Also, despite the way he played the game and the chances he took, I can't remember him costing us a single goal in his time here. For all his brilliance this season,  even big Wes cost us a goal this season. 

He is on close to £40,000 a week. His dad said he's on double of what he earned at Everton.

If you say so pal, I've seen things that say different and I'll definitely believe that over what you say lol

Beckford 30k

Kasper 30k

Danns 25k

Koncheskey 25k

St Ledger 25k

Nugent 20k

Wellens 20k

Gally 20k

With all the rest on between 10-15k would be a rough guess

If that was the case our wage bill would be a lot more than it is. 10k-15k for the rest, too much football manager for you mate

but how do you know what the wage bill is?

It gets published. Taken from foxblogger

"The Foxes wage bill rose from £16.6m in 2010/11 to £27.7m in 2011/12. Cutting it back down appears essential to Leicester’s chances of meeting the Financial Fair Play limit."

But they weren't decent. Bar Nugent, Schmeichel and Naughton (who was a loan so doesn't count). You're right, I don't like him, haven't since he ruined England's best chance of doing anything in a world cup since 66. I knew he'd fail here, and he did. What I didn't expect was just how much of an impact he'd still be having here still. Disaster

And it was nothing to do at all with our owners wanting in big names in so they could sell TV rights at home was it.

They got sven in his remit was to bring in big names and the wages go with those names.

Sven was a bigger disaster to this club than Peter Taylor. We will continue to suffer from his tenure for many seasons to come.

It wasn't just Eriksson, put the blame on the owners and the boards, as well. They were the ones willing to buy players at horrendously high prices.

Sven merely had a wish list and the rest of the club was blinded by the illusion of immediate success that they didn't really reconsider.

No, they wouldn't have. Unless you can predict the future.

Money don't buy you success, at least not on this level. And when it does, it's either very rare and/or comes with a hefty price to pay (see Cardiff for further reference).

Archived