Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
roblcfc84

Met Waghorn this week...

Get of Waggy's back for god sakes. hes capable and he has shown finishing at the highest order with us. The goal vs Bristol was quality(with his weaker foot albeit didnt look like it). Cov was a cracking strike and that header vs reading was outstanding.

He does have all the attributes to be a top striker. Id say his level is mid to top CCC and could even do a job in the prem I feel. I for one will be disapointed if we lose him, he has a lot to offer still.

In comparison to Wood and Kane hes a better all round striker.

People might laugh Wood, but IMO Wood is a very average CCC at BEST. A Brighton fan mate of mine said hes very average and suprised he got a move to us for a mill. Hes looked very poor ever since he hit the ground running with us(lucky flukey streak). Even his best moment, the hat trick at Bristol was awful keeping all round...not 1 of those shots goes in in the Premier.

People rate the guy because they buy into the old 6'4 big guy physical can cope in the english league, stupid cliche - the type that people who know sweet f all about football use. You might as well be called Peter Beagrie for the day and roll the tripe out...Big guys up front are usually poor strikers, with the only thing they are good at generally is 'holding the ball up'. The thing is the guy cant control the ball for toffee, and although big is more like 6ft 4 and built like jelly..gets bullied too easy...so his main strengths are gone, but then is also not quick and cant header for sh*t(cant forget that awful miss Vs Wolves..even if he was 5ft 4 I couldnt forgive that). He's relativly good at finishing but what else?

Ok dont get me wrong I dont dislike Wood and think we should stick with Wood for 10 games or so and see but tbh he isnt all that and im waiting for him to prove me wrong still. Anyone can come in and score a few goals...remember wonder kid Marcheda? 2 winners in 2 weeks(4 points gained which won them the premier league title). yet now whats he doing? is he playing for Tranmere yet?

Waghorn on the other hand is speedier, holds the ball up better and is an all round better footballer. Hes capable of bagging 15 goals Id suggest and possibly 20(although why we'd expect 20 off him is incredible considering barely anyone in the entire league gets 20!). Hes had injuries and barely gets a kick yet give him a run of 10-15 games the start of the season and I wouldnt be at all suprised if he got at least 5 goals(5/15 = 15/45).

troll_face.png

Agree that the Waghorn comment is daft but I think that post raised a lot of decent points. Arguably harsh on Wood as he does have a good record but I can see entirely where his comment about his all-round game is coming from.

Always find it strange when people label Wood "average" - Danny Haynes and Andy Keogh are average. I'll admit to rate him very highly but I struggle to see how anyone could think he's not at least a half decent player.

Like all players he has his faults that tend to get hugely exaggerated by critics, but the man just puts the ball in the net (a lot) and will continue to do so. It's also incredibly easy to forget that he is a mere 21 years of age and is likely to get quite a bit better over time. Too much focus is given on our bad run as if all our players permanently became sub-standard because of it.

I'm really pleased Wood plays for Leicester, I think he's fvcking brilliant myself!  lol  :D

Get of Waggy's back for god sakes. hes capable and he has shown finishing at the highest order with us. The goal vs Bristol was quality(with his weaker foot albeit didnt look like it). Cov was a cracking strike and that header vs reading was outstanding.

He does have all the attributes to be a top striker. Id say his level is mid to top CCC and could even do a job in the prem I feel. I for one will be disapointed if we lose him, he has a lot to offer still.

People might laugh Wood, but IMO Wood is a very average CCC at BEST. A Brighton fan mate of mine said hes very average and suprised he got a move to us for a mill. Hes looked very poor ever since he hit the ground running with us(lucky flukey streak). Even his best moment, the hat trick at Bristol was awful keeping all round...not 1 of those shots goes in in the Premier.

People rate the guy because they buy into the old 6'4 big guy physical can cope in the english league, stupid cliche - the type that people who know sweet f all about football use. You might as well be called Peter Beagrie for the day and roll the tripe out...Big guys up front are usually poor strikers, with the only thing they are good at generally is 'holding the ball up'. The thing is the guy cant control the ball for toffee, and although big is more like 6ft 4 and built like jelly..gets bullied too easy...so his main strengths are gone, but then is also not quick and cant header for sh*t(cant forget that awful miss Vs Wolves..even if he was 5ft 4 I couldnt forgive that). He's relativly good at finishing but what else?

Ok dont get me wrong I dont dislike Wood and think we should stick with Wood for 10 games or so and see but tbh he isnt all that and im waiting for him to prove me wrong still. Anyone can come in and score a few goals...remember wonder kid Marcheda? 2 winners in 2 weeks(4 points gained which won them the premier league title). yet now whats he doing? is he playing for Tranmere yet?

Waghorn on the other hand is speedier, holds the ball up better and is an all round better footballer. Hes capable of bagging 15 goals Id suggest and possibly 20(although why we'd expect 20 off him is incredible considering barely anyone in the entire league gets 20!). Hes had injuries and barely gets a kick yet give him a run of 10-15 games the start of the season and I wouldnt be at all suprised if he got at least 5 goals(5/15 = 15/45).

"Anyone can come in and score a few goals..." - yes waghorn did that on loan, and now he's done feck all for us in 3 years since he's been a paid up member of lcfc.

lol I like this guy

I think we'll see a different Wood next season. Hopefully injury free with a good pre season under his belt

Or not shagging pearsons daughter. Wife. Girlfriend or son.

Not falling out with nugent?

"Anyone can come in and score a few goals..." - yes waghorn did that on loan, and now he's done feck all for us in 3 years since he's been a paid up member of lcfc.

Yes I agree with this but Waggy hasnt had enough game time for me to think he isnt capable. Like I said 10-15 games of 75-90 minutes will proove it to me, hes shown finishing of the highest quality. That wolves chance that hit the post was very unlucky and even the way he struck that shows hes got good technical ability. I really think people need to get off his back. Hes still about 23 and could easily improve if he sorts his injury problems and Nige gives him a fair crack.

lol I like this guy

Why thank you..its nice to know theres other people that dont follow the general pundit 'sheep' views.

Always find it strange when people label Wood "average" - Danny Haynes and Andy Keogh are average. I'll admit to rate him very highly but I struggle to see how anyone could think he's not at least a half decent player.

Like all players he has his faults that tend to get hugely exaggerated by critics, but the man just puts the ball in the net (a lot) and will continue to do so. It's also incredibly easy to forget that he is a mere 21 years of age and is likely to get quite a bit better over time. Too much focus is given on our bad run as if all our players permanently became sub-standard because of it.

I'm really pleased Wood plays for Leicester, I think he's fvcking brilliant myself!  lol  :D

At leicester he has been 'average' IMO. The fact he scored alot at Millwall, makes me wonder that he is capable, and is young. So like I said I dont dislike him or havnt ruled him out as such..but anyone who think his performances have been over a 5/10 on the whole for us is off the mark.

All his faults in his game I stated I stand by and until he proves me wrong(IF he can prove me wrong)..Ill stand by them, no matter what any pundit thinks.

Agree that the Waghorn comment is daft but I think that post raised a lot of decent points. Arguably harsh on Wood as he does have a good record but I can see entirely where his comment about his all-round game is coming from.

Thank you. It may of come across controversial but I do think its easy to just buy into the kinda players who are touted as good players. Its like Nugent is another..he seems untouchable as in because hes Nugent he will play and no matter how poor he is he WILL be above others(before you say anything Nugent deserves to be number 1) but Wood is the same..If he was crap for 6 months, nothing. If waggy or Vardy has ONE bad game..jump on the bangwagon blah blah. If Waggy is poor: get him out. If Wood is poor: he may not be the best but hes a big strong guy and can hold the ball up still. thats the kinda crap non savvy football fans think like..

Now Id think this even if Wood could hold it up, win headers but not much else. The fact hes actually poor at what steriotypically he SHOULD be good at , really puts a question mark on the guys capabilities. However I like him as a player(he trys hard and seems to care) and he can finish fairly clinically it seems(you just knew he would of finished that 1 on 1 vs Watford wrongly called offside and I agree I wouldnt be half as confident of say Waggy in that situation) but I feel the jury is firmly out on Wood still.

Yes I agree with this but Waggy hasnt had enough game time for me to think he isnt capable. Like I said 10-15 games of 75-90 minutes will proove it to me, hes shown finishing of the highest quality. That wolves chance that hit the post was very unlucky and even the way he struck that shows hes got good technical ability. I really think people need to get off his back. Hes still about 23 and could easily improve if he sorts his injury problems and Nige gives him a fair crack.

Why thank you..its nice to know theres other people that dont follow the general pundit 'sheep' views.

At leicester he has been 'average' IMO. The fact he scored alot at Millwall, makes me wonder that he is capable, and is young. So like I said I dont dislike him or havnt ruled him out as such..but anyone who think his performances have been over a 5/10 on the whole for us is off the mark.

All his faults in his game I stated I stand by and until he proves me wrong(IF he can prove me wrong)..Ill stand by them, no matter what any pundit thinks.

Thank you. It may of come across controversial but I do think its easy to just buy into the kinda players who are touted as good players. Its like Nugent is another..he seems untouchable as in because hes Nugent he will play and no matter how poor he is he WILL be above others(before you say anything Nugent deserves to be number 1) but Wood is the same..If he was crap for 6 months, nothing. If waggy or Vardy has ONE bad game..jump on the bangwagon blah blah. If Waggy is poor: get him out. If Wood is poor: he may not be the best but hes a big strong guy and can hold the ball up still. thats the kinda crap non savvy football fans think like..

Now Id think this even if Wood could hold it up, win headers but not much else. The fact hes actually poor at what steriotypically he SHOULD be good at , really puts a question mark on the guys capabilities. However I like him as a player(he trys hard and seems to care) and he can finish fairly clinically it seems(you just knew he would of finished that 1 on 1 vs Watford wrongly called offside and I agree I wouldnt be half as confident of say Waggy in that situation) but I feel the jury is firmly out on Wood still.

It's simple. Nugent and wood both score goals. Vardy and waghorn don't.

Waghorn is a joe average. Doesn't matter about his one wonder goal vs Bristol ( I remember tony spearing scoring a corker once! ).

Vardy may make it, but needs a season on loan in league 1.

Archived