Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
roblcfc84

Met Waghorn this week...

It's bollocks to suggest there was a stipulation that we HAD to play Kane. Pearson is just very stubborn (we all know that). Look how long he persisted with Vardy. Pearson got it into his head that Kane was his supersub.

It's bollocks to suggest there was a stipulation that we HAD to play Kane. Pearson is just very stubborn (we all know that). Look how long he persisted with Vardy. Pearson got it into his head that Kane was his supersub.

Yeah true, when I went to the barbecue Pearson ordered a hot dog. Even though his face looked disgusted he was so stubborn he ate the mother****er anyway. What a trooper.  

[

Spot on,

quote name=Col city fan" post="2638420" timestamp="1371328069]

As I said at the time mate IF this is true it shows extremely poor management and a BAD decision.

It's stuff like this that the Pearsonites fail to appreciate or conveniently overlook.

:thumbup:

Wouldn't be surprised if Waggy is actually on a fair wedge himself. Remember he was signed during a period of great exuberance and also sheer desperation. We paid up to £3m for him! One of the worst value for money signings ever. Any half-savvy agent would have took the club for a ride on salary negotiations. Wouldnt be at all surprised if he's on £20k+.

I hope its not another season of Konchesky at left back and Nugent being a first choice striker.  They need to become the next danns and beckford and wielded out of the squad.  Konchesky plays hoof ball and nugent goes missing for about 5 months out of 9! Not good enough.

I hope its not another season of Konchesky at left back and Nugent being a first choice striker. They need to become the next danns and beckford and wielded out of the squad. Konchesky plays hoof ball and nugent goes missing for about 5 months out of 9! Not good enough.

why is this in the waghorn thread?????????????

I hope its not another season of Konchesky at left back and Nugent being a first choice striker.  They need to become the next danns and beckford and wielded out of the squad.  Konchesky plays hoof ball and nugent goes missing for about 5 months out of 9! Not good enough.

I agree with Konchesky.

Not with Nugent, though. He scored 15 (maybe more) goals again this season. I'd imagine it's quite hard to be a striker because you miss a chance, the fans (some fans) blame you. People fail to see that when we went through our bad spell, for example, we could have had Pele and Bergkamp up front and they won't have had any chances with the service from the midfield.

Nugent's hardwork is also an attribute which creates a few chances for us. He isn't going to score goals every month. Look at Charlie Austin, for example. People say, yeah let's get him in instead of Nugent, well he went 'missing' for large parts of the season as well.

Waghorn isn't better than Nugent, if that's what you're referring too in the post above this.

Typical Pearsonite response...

Who cares if its true actually?

The FACT is that Kane featured at some point in every game I believe?

And he was pants.

God knows why Pearson kept playing him. The only conclusion that can be reached is that he had to? If he didn't have to I'm even more perplexed at him featuring.

Do try to be balanced and honest in your views. If not its not worth reading..

:thumbup:

Didnt come on at home to Bolton.

He was absolutely brilliant for us before Christmas. The amount of people on here changing their minds about him after that spell of form proved this. Then he gets dropped for Wood and doesn't find a way back in.

He should leave. Not because he's crap or any other negative lie about him. But because he is far too good a player in this league to be sat on the bench.

I genuinely believe, like others on here, that with a little faith and probably moving on Vardy Waghorn could become a very important cog in our strikers wheel. He was unplayable against Derby in that first half. It was an all action display but you can't expect a player who has had little game time to have the match sharpness and confidence to be able to put that performance in week in and out with only 5 minute cameos. 

He is a good player. You don't lose your natural talent. You do however lose your confidence and touch.

I'd keep him.

I actually think he's better then Nugent.  When he gets a run of games he seems to get man of the match. He can take corners,set pieces,hold the ball up and I've never seen Nugent put in the level of performance Waghorn did at home against Derby.  Its ok saying a players not good enough when he's rusty and coming on for 5 mins or not at all.  For me i'd save some cash and add attacking flair in midfield to help complement a partnership of Waghorn and Wood.

what is this

Where on Earth are you getting these stats from? He scored 3 goals last season (in 28 games and 25 shots), 2 in 11/12 and 4 in 10/11.

He's a lovely lad who just isn't very good at football.

Bit over the top. He's alright, he's clearly going to make a good career out of it. Be tidy at Champ / League One level, he's just not exactly league winning which is what we're after.

I agree....

I will NEVER get Pearson and the Kane thing.

Unless he gets much much much better, it's one of the most perplexing managerial decisions I've seen a City manager take in recent years.

For perplexing managerial decisions, Peter Taylor is your man!

Archived