Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Xen

Wycombe away League Cup

As you probably all know, I also live in High Wycombe.

I shall be on the terraces in the Greene King stand, along with the hardcore Wycombe fans, at the other end, behind the goal. I will relish that in my Leicester shirt!

Don't try parking at the ground. We have two large car parks in the town, and they are definitely your best bet. A free bus service takes you close to the ground, from right outside the railway station, and will return fans back to the town centre.

There is one pub, (The Hour Glass about half a mile from the ground) at the end of Lane End Road, which leads to the ground, but I would advise against using this as it will be packed out. The best places are in the town centre, and very close to one another. The Hobgoblin, the Antelope, O'Neal's, and The Falcon (Witherspoon's). The latter two are directly opposite The Falcon's side entrance.

If anyone needs any further information about the ground/town etc., just ask me.

We should win this as "The Chairboys" are a very poor team, and we need our revenge.

Had a sneaky feeling when I saw them on the list that we'd get them. We owe these one.

New ground for me too. Excellent.

It's located in a bottle neck, which is not great. The ground itself is ok for a team like Wycombe, but you will have to be in a seated area., as the only terrace is at the opposite end, where I will be among the Wycombe fans.

It's located in a bottle neck, which is not great. The ground itself is ok for a team like Wycombe, but you will have to be in a seated area., as the only terrace is at the opposite end, where I will be among the Wycombe fans.

I thought you hated standing at football grounds?

Or was that just for attention too?

Brilliant, i'll go to this. Easy train up from London.

Snap. I just moved to London, will there be enough trains back to London and to get home (Catford) after the game?

I shall be on the terraces in the Greene King stand, along with the hardcore Wycombe fans, at the other end, behind the goal. I will relish that in my Leicester shirt!

Don't try parking at the ground. We have two large car parks in the town, and they are definitely your best bet. A free bus service takes you close to the ground, from right outside the railway station, and will return fans back to the town centre.

There is one pub, (The Hour Glass about half a mile from the ground) at the end of Lane End Road, which leads to the ground, but I would advise against using this as it will be packed out. The best places are in the town centre, and very close to one another. The Hobgoblin, the Antelope, O'Neal's, and The Falcon (Witherspoon's). The latter two are directly opposite The Falcon's side entrance.

If anyone needs any further information about the ground/town etc., just ask me.

We should win this as "The Chairboys" are a very poor team, and we need our revenge.

Their website stated that it costed £4 for a return ticket?

How far is the ground from the white horse?

I thought you hated standing at football grounds?

Or was that just for attention too?

I never said I hated standing at football grounds. I referred to disliking people standing up in a seated area, not a designated standing area..

Try getting your facts right, instead of trying to be clever. You make yourself look silly.

Is it still called Adams Park or have they moved from there? I went there when Coalville played them in the FA Cup.

A very underwhelming draw, but I've been told off for saying so. Apparentley everyone should get down to the White Hart as early as possible as it's actually a cracking away day

Yes, it is still called Adams Park.

The White Horse on the A40? About a mile and a half I would say

Yeah the one that is next to, or is the one that's a strip club too. Not the same one stu is on about. Near the BP garage?

Yes,Bert, that.s the one, but not sure if the strip acts are still there. :dunno:

I'm not bothered about the strip place. Used to go in the one next door to the strippers a lot as we have a lot if work down there you see. Was just seeing if it was close enough to go there.

Archived