Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dickov22

Dave Richards- new chairman?

I know nothing about the guy and dont really care if he had a bad spell at Wednesday.

A guy I work with is a SW fan and he loves Mandy yet he was the chairman that got us relegated. Shit happens in football and sometimes people point the finger o make sense of it all.

At the end of the day, it's pretty lame to be saying, 'well thats us fvcked' when the guys not even walked through the door.

If on day 1, NP gets sacked, Kasper, Nuge, Wes, Wood, Knocky are sold for a fiver, a groundshare with Cov is announced and Christian Gross appointed manager i'll join the panic. Otherwise, I think i'll wait and see what happens.

I know nothing about the guy and dont really care if he had a bad spell at Wednesday.

A guy I work with is a SW fan and he loves Mandy yet he was the chairman that got us relegated. Shit happens in football and sometimes people point the finger o make sense of it all.

At the end of the day, it's pretty lame to be saying, 'well thats us fvcked' when the guys not even walked through the door.

If on day 1, NP gets sacked, Kasper, Nuge, Wes, Wood, Knocky are sold for a fiver, a groundshare with Cov is announced and Christian Gross appointed manager i'll join the panic. Otherwise, I think i'll wait and see what happens.

Well said

Wouldn't put it past him

:unsure:

Yet the Daily Mail have also published this article - within 15mins of the other article I posted:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2343274/Sir-Dave-Richards-appointed-Leicester-City-chairman.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Sir Dave Richards will be unveiled as the new chairman of Leicester City following a boardroom shake-up.

The former chairman of the Premier League will start in his role next month as the Foxes attempt to comply with new financial regulations in the Championship.

Richards, 70, has been identified as the man to oversee a huge cost-cutting exercise at the King Power Stadium.

The erstwhile Sheffield Wednesday chairman will replace Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha with Terry Robinson due to join him in the east Midlands.

Richards was thought to have been involved in the negotiations which saw the Thai owners assume control from former owner Milan Mandaric.

However, it is unknown whether he will be acting in conjunction with or instead of the club’s current chief executive, Susan Whelan.

Richards’ polarised opinion during his spell at the Premier League and one of his final duties in office ended in controversy when he fell into a hotel swimming pool during a conference in Dubai, in March 2012.

article-2343274-1A5EB638000005DC-88_634x

Blunder: Richards fell into a fountain pool at a hotel after attending a FIFA and UEFA conference

But he will act alongside Robinson who moves from Stoke City where he has been working with the Potters’ academy.

The ex-Sheffield United chairman will be the man charged with carrying out Richards’ plans as director of football as Leicester attempt to stem a loss which last year totalled a whopping £29.7m.

Leicester have several players, including the likes of Jermaine Beckford, earning way in excess of £1m-a-year and cannot carry that salary in the second tier.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2343274/Sir-Dave-Richards-appointed-Leicester-City-chairman.html#ixzz2WVtkL0sC 

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

That article was posted at 10:30pm whereas the first one you posted was uploaded at 10:44pm and updated at 10:57pm. 

Definition of 'hot off the press.'

My business plan for Dave's Bar next to Braunstone Baths can be put on hold then.

The vast majority on Foxestalk never cease to amaze me.

Yes, Sheffield Wednesday fans hate him.  They blame him for their eventual relegation from the Premier League and all the ills that befell then since.  In the same breath, they hail Mandaric as the saviour of their club.  So, they conveniently forget the fact that Richardson led them to the Premier League in the first place, in a similar manner to how many of us forget their 'saviour' is the man who let an untried Martin Allen spunk a few season's worth of money on rubbish and presided over a managerial merrigoround which resulted in Leicester being in League One for the first time in our history.

In other words, fans are not reliable judges of professionals in football.

If anyone is planning any protests, count me out.  It doesn't mean the Thais are leaving, it doesn't mean we are going to go into meltdown, it just means something different is happening.

I am content to rise above the nonsense and wait to see what happens.  And anyway, according to the Mail, he has turned it down anyway.

14 years out of running a football club (badly)

Refused to have a Hillsborough Memorial built.

Alienated the FA from FIFA and UEFA.

Hated by Sheffield Wednesday fans.

Frankly, I hope he comes nowhere near us. 

What's with all the responses to this? Amazed. Knowone even knows the bloke. Just because Sheffield Wednesday don't like him from a spell in 1999! Jesus. To have a chairman who was the premier league chairman. On the FA board. This guy is clearly clueless because he fell into a swimming pool. He's a sir for being completely clueless! He will bring huge much needed experience and football knowledge to the board. I for one am happy with this.

The evidence is there for all to see. Look at Sheffield Wednesday.

Okay then. Lets continue with the Thai bloke and Susan Whelan. woah all the football knowledge you need

Alienated us from FIFA and UEFA, that's 2 football organisations who we want to be in bed with that's for sure, hahahaha

Wow Holloway got us relegated but got blackpool promoted and palace promoted. And another play off final with Blackpool. Sometimes these thigs happen. Really think the Premier leage would appoint him if he's such a drongo?

I much prefer this article but it is worrying to hear that this is the kind of joker the Thais want.

I'm still not too worried about them cutting and running because they've an awful lot tied up in the club, both in terms of finances and reputation, but I do worry about their distinct lack of football knowledge.

This. A million times this. It's a lucky escape but it's standard short-termism to sweep it under the carpet. If that was their plan A then we really are fvcked.

Okay then. Lets continue with the Thai bloke and Susan Whelan. woah all the football knowledge you need

True, but they have experience of running a successful business.

I have no knowledge of how to maintain a school but I sure as shit wouldn't be headhunting Ian Huntley.

I've never been happier to read those words.

Sincerely hope they're true.

Even if that was the case the Thais would still be actively looking for a new chairmen, what options are out their Ken F**king Bates :( , Gregg Clarke is the pick off the bunch for me.

So it's 14 years since he was chairman of a football club.

Well...in that 14 years he has been chairman of the PL, served on committees of UEFA and FIFA and been part of the 2018 World Cup bid.  It's not like he's been doing the bingo for 14 years.

To me, he seems massively experienced and we have probably done pretty well to have got such a high profile and well connected chairman.  And if Shef Weds fans don't like him, so what?

But I know I'm pissing in the wind by being rational about this.  

Who wants to let reality get in the way of mass hysteria?  

Archived