Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dickov22

Dave Richards- new chairman?

I maybe completely wrong but with the Thais owning the club then why does it make sense for them to pay a salary out of the clubs pocket?

Maybe this guy will save us money in wages?

Ok, a bit too optimistic, has Pearson left? When do we go into administration? Have the Mayans been predicting any more asteroids?

Here goes.

Sheff Weds fans... What's Dave Richards like then? Meant to be joining us apparently... #swfc

@DanLCFC93 oh dear.........he's the bloke that put us millions into debt and started our downfall..........good luck mate

View conversation

GIZZAJOB â€@Mattisanowl

@DanLCFC93 poking the hornets nest there pal owls hate him for selling our mid 90's talent and then ****ing off with us £27m in the red

View conversation

Sam Hardwick â€@Hardwick_SWFC

@DanLCFC93 - What position does he play? In all seriousness though, deepest sympathies.

View conversation

GIZZAJOB â€@Mattisanowl

@DanLCFC93 90%of Wednesday fans would say he's the main reason we went from top ten premier to second and third tier yoyo club

1. "@DanLCFC93: Sheff Weds fans... What's Dave Richards like then? Meant to be joining us apparently... #swfc" answer him people?

2. @DanLCFC93 hang yourself right now!!!!! And I'm not joking.

View conversation

Paul Downs â€@Northstandgent

@leelucas28 @DanLCFC93 You have my deepest sympathies, he'll bleed you dry!

View conversation

Stephen Burke â€@SteveBurkeRN

@leelucas28 @DanLCFC93 a thieving **** who deserves to contract cancer! He's scum!!

View conversation (tad harsh)

@DanLCFC93 It's gonna get worse than you could imagine with that leach at the club pal, very deceitful, he'll blame everyone but himself.

View conversation

itsnoel â€@itsnoel

@undefined @DanLCFC93 ...that bloke will rape and pillage your club and blame anyone and everyone bar himself

@DanLCFC93 don't get me started on that spineless shithouse single left us to rot for fa status makes my blood boil what he did

Then probably the most constructive one;

@DanLCFC93 a lot of imbalance here - continued good work of eighties and initially established us a top 6/7 club for 5-10 years. Then

@DanLCFC93 appointing a string of poor managers and spending money we didn't have on poor players doomed us to where we are now.

@DanLCFC93 Rightly remembered as a shit-stain, after all he looked to further his own career than help the club he supported and ran.

@DanLCFC93 wanted to put the other, earlier side of his SW career across but the overall reaction should show what he's really like

It may only be fans opinions but that says it all to me. Do not allow this bloke anywhere near Leicester City.

Be very ****ing worried people.

All you twats complaining about the lack of anything football-related going on in June - well done. May we live in interesting times...

First signs that the Thais want to do a runner because of FFP?

Certainly a rumour I've heard.

What's with all the responses to this? Amazed. Knowone even knows the bloke. Just because Sheffield Wednesday don't like him from a spell in 1999! Jesus. To have a chairman who was the premier league chairman. On the FA board. This guy is clearly clueless because he fell into a swimming pool. He's a sir for being completely clueless! He will bring huge much needed experience and football knowledge to the board. I for one am happy with this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2343428/Sue-Barker-turns-WTA-invitation--CHARLES-SALE.html

Sir Dave Richards, who has retired as chairman of the Premier League at 70, has turned down the opportunity to become chairman of Leicester City. The Thai owners have been trying for a number of months to persuade Richards, who acts as a consultant to Thai football, to take the helm but he has finally declined. 

However, Richards' ally Terry Robinson, former Sheffield United chairman, will join Leicester in a director of football-style role. 

article-2343428-1A5EA6F4000005DC-577_634

Rejected: Sir Dave Richards has turned down the opportunity to become chairman at Leicester City

Richards, a former chairman of Sheffield Wednesday, had no wish to return to club football. But he does feel let down by PL clubs who unanimously voted to support the decision that he can no longer be a member of any FA committee despite becoming an FA vice-president. 

It is understood the PL didn’t want Richards to have any platform to upstage new chairman Anthony Fry, who is barely known within football.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2343428/Sue-Barker-turns-WTA-invitation--CHARLES-SALE.html#ixzz2WVsRtNNI 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

What's with all the responses to this? Amazed. Knowone even knows the bloke. Just because Sheffield Wednesday don't like him from a spell in 1999! Jesus. To have a chairman who was the premier league chairman. On the FA board. This guy is clearly clueless because he fell into a swimming pool. He's a sir for being completely clueless! He will bring huge much needed experience and football knowledge to the board. I for one am happy with this.

It's not the falling in a swimming pool that bothers me, it's every interview of his that I've ever read or heard.

He's obviously going to come in with guidelines laid down by Top and Co. but come on people give him time to find his feet at the club and settle down

We don't know his ideas yet in relation to his brief or how he is going to implement how he wants to carry them out.

So give him time and lets see how he pans before the witch hunt starts. We now have football people at the top and if his ld club don't like him, then don't let that sway how we see him, let that be on what we see here as a club

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2343428/Sue-Barker-turns-WTA-invitation--CHARLES-SALE.html

Sir Dave Richards, who has retired as chairman of the Premier League at 70, has turned down the opportunity to become chairman of Leicester City. The Thai owners have been trying for a number of months to persuade Richards, who acts as a consultant to Thai football, to take the helm but he has finally declined. 

However, Richards' ally Terry Robinson, former Sheffield United chairman, will join Leicester in a director of football-style role. 

article-2343428-1A5EA6F4000005DC-577_634

Rejected: Sir Dave Richards has turned down the opportunity to become chairman at Leicester City

Richards, a former chairman of Sheffield Wednesday, had no wish to return to club football. But he does feel let down by PL clubs who unanimously voted to support the decision that he can no longer be a member of any FA committee despite becoming an FA vice-president. 

It is understood the PL didn’t want Richards to have any platform to upstage new chairman Anthony Fry, who is barely known within football.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2343428/Sue-Barker-turns-WTA-invitation--CHARLES-SALE.html#ixzz2WVsRtNNI 

I much prefer this article but it is worrying to hear that this is the kind of joker the Thais want.

I'm still not too worried about them cutting and running because they've an awful lot tied up in the club, both in terms of finances and reputation, but I do worry about their distinct lack of football knowledge.

Yes because dave Richards is going to spend millions more pounds and send us down to league two! I'm sure the Thai's have told him that's what they want. He's clearly been brought in because of FFP. To have someone of his experience and knowhow is great. Listening to Sheffield Wednesday fans from a spell about 15 years ago is idiotic.

:unsure:

Yet the Daily Mail have also published this article - within 15mins of the other article I posted:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2343274/Sir-Dave-Richards-appointed-Leicester-City-chairman.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Sir Dave Richards will be unveiled as the new chairman of Leicester City following a boardroom shake-up.

The former chairman of the Premier League will start in his role next month as the Foxes attempt to comply with new financial regulations in the Championship.

Richards, 70, has been identified as the man to oversee a huge cost-cutting exercise at the King Power Stadium.

The erstwhile Sheffield Wednesday chairman will replace Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha with Terry Robinson due to join him in the east Midlands.

Richards was thought to have been involved in the negotiations which saw the Thai owners assume control from former owner Milan Mandaric.

However, it is unknown whether he will be acting in conjunction with or instead of the club’s current chief executive, Susan Whelan.

Richards’ polarised opinion during his spell at the Premier League and one of his final duties in office ended in controversy when he fell into a hotel swimming pool during a conference in Dubai, in March 2012.

article-2343274-1A5EB638000005DC-88_634x

Blunder: Richards fell into a fountain pool at a hotel after attending a FIFA and UEFA conference

But he will act alongside Robinson who moves from Stoke City where he has been working with the Potters’ academy.

The ex-Sheffield United chairman will be the man charged with carrying out Richards’ plans as director of football as Leicester attempt to stem a loss which last year totalled a whopping £29.7m.

Leicester have several players, including the likes of Jermaine Beckford, earning way in excess of £1m-a-year and cannot carry that salary in the second tier.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2343274/Sir-Dave-Richards-appointed-Leicester-City-chairman.html#ixzz2WVtkL0sC 

Archived