Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Jack Hobbs

lol  lol  lol

Well that's certainly brightened up my morning! Fcuking stroll on. 

Always pleased I can brighten up someone's morning.

Don't really appreciate 'fcuking stroll on' though, generally just because it's something you don't agree with whether what I said was correct or incorrect.

Have you actually re-read some of the stuff you post?

Michael Morrisson

Really?

Read what kitchandpro said about him and then add the opening game under Sousa to that.

Muppets

Morrison was ok here, has done well at Charlton... but to suggest he is / was better than Hobbs are the words of a mad man.

Either people dont want to accept how good we actually were during the first Hobbs/Pearson spell or they genuinly dont remember.

The fact is that Hobbs was excellent for us under Pearson but the entire team fell apart under Sousa (with the exception of King) and Sven made it absolutely clear from the start that he didnt rate Hobbs and sold him at the first opportunity.

Hobbs went on to be one of Hulls most solid defenders during his time there and it seems their fans would be sad to see him go.

What Hobbs provided us under Pearson was reliability. When he played, you new he would hold position, wouldnt get dominated and would communicate really well with his defence and goalkeeper. We missed this so much last year and i'd be very pleased to see he and Wes line up alongside each other next year.

Why is this thread still open? Based on nothing, pure conjecture. Unless Hobbsy puts in a transfer request and goes on the Hull equivalent of EMT wearing a Leicester shirt he's not coming back without Schmeics going the other way.

And for all those debating the matter, the answer is Morgan > Hobbs > Vitor > Whitbread >  Keane > Morrison > St. Ledger.

Why is this thread still open? Based on nothing, pure conjecture. Unless Hobbsy puts in a transfer request and goes on the Hull equivalent of EMT wearing a Leicester shirt he's not coming back without Schmeics going the other way.

And for all those debating the matter, the answer is Morgan > Hobbs > Vitor > Whitbread >  Keane > Morrison > St. Ledger.

bit harsh, Shitbread is awful

yet you say Morgan is better? I think we should agree to disagree

Better for us, yes. Morgan deserves a chance in the PL and hasn't got it yet. Whitbread had a difficult season which is why I can't put him higher yet, but with a pre-season and a chance at being first-choice for a bit I've no doubt he can significantly improve on last season. He doesn't warrant the 'Shitbread' tag, and he's not awful.

Better for us, yes. Morgan deserves a chance in the PL and hasn't got it yet. Whitbread had a difficult season which is why I can't put him higher yet, but with a pre-season and a chance at being first-choice for a bit I've no doubt he can significantly improve on last season. He doesn't warrant the 'Shitbread' tag, and he's not awful.

but if we are serious about promotion, we have to do better ie Jack Hobbs

St Ledger is quite technically gifted, to be fair, always has been. Look at the cross he put in for Mills' goal at Southampton.

edit: This doesn't make him a better player than Hobbs though, I don't believe he is. Hobbs is an old fashioned defender, like Morgan, and like Pearson was.

A cross makes him technically gifted? lol lol lol lol lol

We need a centre half.

A solid one, which Hobbs has proved to be at this level here and at Hull.

He is way better than Whitbread.

Based on an injury prone season for Whitbread? Or did you follow him throughout his time at Norwich?

Sorry but Morrisson is bottom of any list of CBs

If I was  given a choice between Hobbs, SSL, Whitbread and Moore to be a starting CB it would be Hobbs.

But I wont be getting my knickers in a twist if it ends up  being one of the others as I feel there are more important positions to be dealing with this close season...

Always pleased I can brighten up someone's morning.

Don't really appreciate 'fcuking stroll on' though, generally just because it's something you don't agree with whether what I said was correct or incorrect.

Have you actually re-read some of the stuff you post?

I never look backwards. Only forwards. 

Selling Hobbs for less than 1mill and replacing him with matt Mills for 5mill , and over double the wages is probably as bad a piece of transfer business as I can ever remember in the clubs history.

There really is no defending Sven when it comes to this, it was a total waste of money. 

Archived