Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Jack Hobbs

De laet played in 41 games last year. I no hes made of glass but he wasn't that injury prone last year was he?

And made the most tackles if memory serves right from that stats thread

Keane had ability on the ball, Bamba had ability on the ball, Vitor had ability on the ball. Hobbs was part of Sousa's problem, he was asking a player to play in a way that wasn't suited to him.

I like Hobbs as a defender but I'd be concerned that with him and Morgan we'll be more route one and the football at the start of last season will be long forgotten

Keane - maybe so, but we hoofed the ball second half of the season with him in the team more than the first half without him.

Vitor - maybe so, but never played

Bamba - Gave the ball away every other pass anyway.

The way people go on you'd think all we did was launch it long in the first playoff season.

A bit like Mills?!?! He was a class above that nobhead.

Definitely, but in terms of style of play I think they were similar. 

Off topic, but St Ledger is not a good footballer. Just because he dribbles the ball a little bit before hoofing it does not make you a good footballer. He's a very clumsy defender as well.

Nah, he is capable of bringing the ball out of defence, good at heading the ball, puts his body on the line etc... I know people have mixed opinions on St Ledger, but I just like him as a defender. As Libertine Dream said, I pretty much agree with him when he mentioned Vitor, Keane and Bamba, comfortable and capable on the ball, I would put St Ledger in that category. 

Definitely, but in terms of style of play I think they were similar. 

Nah, he is capable of bringing the ball out of defence, good at heading the ball, puts his body on the line etc... I know people have mixed opinions on St Ledger, but I just like him as a defender. As Libertine Dream said, I pretty much agree with him when he mentioned Vitor, Keane and Bamba, comfortable and capable on the ball, I would put St Ledger in that category. 

Something else in common...  they have all been involved in Leicester teams and defences shitter than ones that don't contain "ball playing" defenders.

Keane - maybe so, but we hoofed the ball second half of the season with him in the team more than the first half without him.

Vitor - maybe so, but never played

Bamba - Gave the ball away every other pass anyway.

The way people go on you'd think all we did was launch it long in the first playoff season.

We certainly didn't launch it long all season, we played some lovely football against the lesser teams, Scunthorpe at home certainly springs to mind. However we were in general a long ball team highlighted but the play offs semi finals. We weren't in the home tie because Howard wasn't playing and Fryatt was up front on his own, meaning we stood no chance winning the long balls and thus we lacked any potency. Howard comes back for the 2nd leg and all of a sudden we look half decent again.

Hobbs is a old fashioned solid type centre half but he gives the ball away far too cheaply for me, so I would hope for better than re-signing him. Curtis Davies is a top class player and would be ideal alongside Morgan IMO but maybe would not want to come here if he has offers from Premier League clubs.

Something else in common...  they have all been involved in Leicester teams and defences shitter than ones that don't contain "ball playing" defenders.

Those types of players are more appealing to watch.

It's just my personal preference. 

Those types of players are more appealing to watch.

It's just my personal preference. 

Personally I'd like to watch us win games with "less appealing" defenders than lose the ball at the back every five minutes and concede most games for some "entertaining" defenders.

Captained the side that finished second last season, was solid for us during his time here and can only have improved with age and experience at Hull. Salary won't be larger than the likes of St Ledger or Whitbread. 

Would be happy to have him back. 

Hobbs is a solid defender I couldn't care less about his passing ability but him and Morgan at the back wouldn't concede many goals, price is the issue for me wouldn't go past a £1m.

Agree with this, Hobbs is a lot better then Morrison. I can't see Hull selling to us though, he's still highly regarded by a lot of their fans and you know they don't sell any of their players to us, only try and buy our best ones.

I would much rather have Hobbs back than Keane back, I feel we looked alot more solid at the back last season when Keane was not playing.

Yeah, like between Boxing Day and the start of February where we only conceded 3 goals  :rolleyes:

I don't get why people wouldn't want him back, he was rock solid when paired with an older head. Imagine what he would be like with Morgan who is a class above any of the players he was previously paired with at citeh.

I'd have him back in a heartbeat but whatever little chance we had of doing business of any sort with Hull is surely now dead in the water. Right now, Hobbs is better than Michael Keane, who's a fantastic prospect but very slow off the mark, prone to lapses in concentration and who's marking from set-pieces often left my brain hurting.

I really like Keane, but the truth is we shipped alot of goals with him in the side towards the end of last season. A pairing of Hobbs and Morgan, on paper - sounds so commanding.

I really like Keane, but the truth is we shipped alot of goals with him in the side towards the end of last season. A pairing of Hobbs and Morgan, on paper - sounds so commanding.

Yes, but we also had periods where we conceded no goals with him in the side - 5 weeks between Boxing Day and February, only 3 goals conceded in 6 games. You can't criticise him for us shipping goals but not credit him for us keeping them out.

We were shipping goals towards the end of the season because the whole team was playing badly, not because Keane was there.

I like Jack Hobbs, i think he'd form a great partnership with big wes at the back. To be honest i still don't want St Ledger to go, it's not often he has a bad game but for some reason he's being chucked out! Whitbread is simply to clumsy for me, Moore is good for back up but not his natural position. Wouldn't it be simply to offload Whitbread instead. 

Archived