Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Jack Hobbs

It seems that Dull have now reached a CASH ONLY deal to sign Curtis Davies from Brum (£2.25m) - and so Hobbs will not now be going the other way in part-ex (which was the initial plan).  A new Centre Back makes it even more likely that Hobbs will be leaving.  Whatever happens with Kasper, my bet is that Hobbs will now be coming back to City.  I reckon it will be cash sale as well, with Bruce giving up on Schmeichel and going through with the Allan McGregor deal he's already set up with Besiktas (£1.5m).

Any particular reason?

He has done well at Charlton, their fans rate him, he was made vice captain, and he is versatile as he can play right-back.

Which gives us an option, if De Laet get's injured, you could move Morrison right back, put Whitbread centre back, or bring Liam Moore in.

Good tactical thinking from Kingfox.

No thanks, overrated.

If I could have one defender back, I would choose Michael Morrison over Jack Hobbs. 

Do you go to games with your eyes closed? You bum Sean St Boozehound to death, and then say a player who won player of the year in our best season in over a decade was "overrated". Even though he was in one of the best defences in the league here and at Hull under Pearson.

He has done well at Charlton, their fans rate him, he was made vice captain, and he is versatile as he can play right-back.

Which gives us an option, if De Laet get's injured, you could move Morrison right back, put Whitbread centre back, or bring Liam Moore in.

Good tactical thinking in mentioning we already have a right back for cover.  Good one.

I can't cope with two non-footballing centre halves at the back again

Again... have we actually had one since then?

My mate supports Hull and rates Hobbs. I don't think this is a reasons to indicate he is a better player than someone else.

However, and although I do like Morrison, I think Hobbs is solid at this level. I'd rather us have him alongside Wes, and Moore to cover at right back (although I'd have Moore at right back because I don't really rate De Laet defensively).

Do you go to games with your eyes closed? You bum Sean St Boozehound to death, and then say a player who won player of the year in our best season in over a decade was "overrated". Even though he was in one of the best defences in the league here and at Hull under Pearson.

Hoofer and no nonsense, don't like that in a defender.

The guy was a boring player to watch, bit like Matt Mills but with much better temperament. 

My mate supports Hull and rates Hobbs. I don't think this is a reasons to indicate he is a better player than someone else.

However, and although I do like Morrison, I think Hobbs is solid at this level. I'd rather us have him alongside Wes, and Moore to cover at right back (although I'd have Moore at right back because I don't really rate De Laet defensively).

Hobbs was alright, but I didn't really rate him while he was here. He is just an out to out centre back, not really a good footballer, unlike St Ledger, Vitor or Keane. Morrison is versatile and that would help as De Laet is injury prone, and sometimes Moore isn't the strongest option for back up. 

Good tactical thinking in mentioning we already have a right back for cover.  Good one.

Again... have we actually had one since then?

Keane had ability on the ball, Bamba had ability on the ball, Vitor had ability on the ball. Hobbs was part of Sousa's problem, he was asking a player to play in a way that wasn't suited to him.

I like Hobbs as a defender but I'd be concerned that with him and Morgan we'll be more route one and the football at the start of last season will be long forgotten

The guy was a boring player to watch, bit like Matt Mills but with much better temperament. 

Hobbs was alright, but I didn't really rate him while he was here. He is just an out to out centre back, not really a good footballer, unlike St Ledger, Vitor or Keane. Morrison is versatile and that would help as De Laet is injury prone, and sometimes Moore isn't the strongest option for back up. 

A bit like Mills?!?! He was a class above that nobhead.

Off topic, but St Ledger is not a good footballer. Just because he dribbles the ball a little bit before hoofing it does not make you a good footballer. He's a very clumsy defender as well.

Archived