Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Jack Hobbs

The Hull papers are now talking about the club also shelling out £4m on Charlie Austin.  If that's true, they must be desperate to get some cash in and I guess £1m or so (I'd expect it to be that sort of figure) for Hobbs could help.  Whether they'd sell to us is another matter of course; let alone, if we want him AND he wants to come back ! 

So if he is surplus to requirements at Hull why would we want him? Bruce was a far better defender than Pearson, I'd trust the former on his judgement on a centre back. £1 million, I'd rather get a loan in and save the money. Arguably Keane was better and we should do the same again.

So if he is surplus to requirements at Hull why would we want him? Bruce was a far better defender than Pearson, I'd trust the former on his judgement on a centre back. £1 million, I'd rather get a loan in and save the money. Arguably Keane was better and we should do the same again.

Am I reading this right? So just because Bruce was a better defender than Pearson it means he automatically has better judgement of a current centre back? lol.

I think you're also forgetting Hull are playing in the PREMIER LEAGUE. We, are not.

I can't cope with two non-footballing centre halves at the back again

Massively harsh on Wes that.

I'd have Hobbs back, reason he won our player of the season first year back in the Championhip. Also knows the club well therefore meaning he will need less time to settle in etc. 

Am I reading this right? So just because Bruce was a better defender than Pearson it means he automatically has better judgement of a current centre back? lol.

I think you're also forgetting Hull are playing in the PREMIER LEAGUE. We, are not.

He is a better judge of centre back as he is a better manager. I know where they are playing and my point exactly, would we keep him if we were promoted??? No. So why bother looking for a short term fix that will cost a million?

Jesus Christ. :frusty:

He is a better judge of centre back as he is a better manager. I know where they are playing and my point exactly, would we keep him if we were promoted??? No. So why bother looking for a short term fix that will cost a million?

Better judge of a centre back... and that's why he regularly played Hobbs and Chester both Pearson signings at Hull. Why we conceded less than them last year after Pearson added his own defenders here.

Who gives a shit if we might get rid of him if we go up, we have to go up first. Tell me what amazing centre back is out there that costs nothing and is guaranteed to make the step up.?

Better judge of a centre back... and that's why he regularly played Hobbs and Chester both Pearson signings at Hull. Why we conceded less than them last year after Pearson added his own defenders here.

Who gives a shit if we might get rid of him if we go up, we have to go up first. Tell me what amazing centre back is out there that costs nothing and is guaranteed to make the step up.?

Good one... because short term expensive fixes have been really good in the past...

Good one... because short term expensive fixes have been really good in the past...

What on earth are you talking about.

Other managers buying shit defenders has been the problem in the past, nothing else.

Pearson has regularly signed good cb's here and at Hull. Regularly has some of the best defences in this league.

Steve Bruce has signed Titus Bramble before. Your argument is invalid. 

lol.

I'd stop if I were you. I can't begin to tell you how stupid you sound. 

Babs is doing all the talking for me. :D 

Hobbs would be expensive - do you understand??

Pearson can find cheaper alternatives, wow you really don't understand finances do you. I thought we were trying to save money?????

He could help us towards gaining promotion next season.

Do you understand? 

I would like Jack Hobbs back ,his confidence was at a big low under Sousa,remember the Pompey game when he just could not understand what he was supposed to do... Could of finished his career there and then but fair play to the lad he bounced back.

No doubt he has played his best football under Pearson,cannot remember how many goals we conceded in that 2009/10 season don't think it was to many and he played a big part in that defence.

Yes, but we also had periods where we conceded no goals with him in the side - 5 weeks between Boxing Day and February, only 3 goals conceded in 6 games. You can't criticise him for us shipping goals but not credit him for us keeping them out.

We were shipping goals towards the end of the season because the whole team was playing badly, not because Keane was there.

He didn't play against Hull or Burnley, chap.  His only game before NYD was Bolton away (where if memory serves he came off injured).

I'm not laying the blame solely at his door, that'd be naiive and there were times when he was absolutely terrific, seems to have a cracking attitude and I think he'll turn out to be a fine defender - I just felt that at times his inexperience showed as it will with nigh on all young centre backs, the fact he seems to still be growing physically never helped him. 

Yes I do understand. Thought you were hiding behind "babs" ??? Embarrassing...

Oh the irony :rolleyes: Babs was merely echoing what I was going to say.

You need to understand that our current squad isn't good enough. It's not like Jack Hobbs would be a massively expensive signing in terms of wages and the fee, for a decent player that he is. Players can be surplus to requirements at a Premier League club and cope perfectly well at Championship level. Just because Bruce thinks he's not good enough for the Prem it doesn't mean we shouldn't be in for him. 

Understand?

I can understand the saving money argument, but we do need a centre back and I'd rather only get a loan player as cover or else we'll be in this same situation next year. St Ledger will probably leave also, remember.

Don't get the statement about Bruce automatically being a better judgement of a defender than Pearson, just because Bruce was the better player. Let's not forget the most successful managers of the Premier League (Ferguson, Wenger) weren't necessarily good footballers but look at their achievements compared to the better players (Lambert, Hughes).

Archived