Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Jack Hobbs

As if Hull sell him to us now after the Kasper saga lol. What Bullshit this is!!

Why not - if they need the money, we want to buy and Hobbs wants to come ?  There's as much chance of him coming back, as of him going anywhere else.  He'll know they don't need him anymore, if Davies signs.  The only other 'fly in the ointment,' is if the Hull Chief Exec and Owners, still have as much ill-will to us, as last summer (With Stewart & Koren etc).  I would think that a lot of water has passed under the bridge since then and they've moved on from such antagonism.  It COULD be, that we're the only ones who want to buy him (or pay the money they're expecting), or the only ones Hobbs wants to come to.  I reckon Pearson still rates him and would LIKE him back.  Whether we can afford him now, is of course another matter ! 

As I say, they need the money ...... ?!

Would definitely take Jack Hobbs back, strong defender, still young yet experienced, and would be a great partner for Wes, and why are people saying they wouldn't sell to us because of the Kasper thing? That would just be spiteful and childish

Hobbs would be expensive - do you understand??

Pearson can find cheaper alternatives, wow you really don't understand finances do you. I thought we were trying to save money?????

Hobbs would not be expensive, if he came it would be part of the Kasper deal. We'd make money and get a decent cb.

What part if that don't you understand?

One minute you trust Bruce more than Pearson, next minute Pearson can get a better, cheaper CB. Make your mind up.

Why not - if they need the money, we want to buy and Hobbs wants to come ?  There's as much chance of him coming back, as of him going anywhere else.  He'll know they don't need him anymore, if Davies signs.  The only other 'fly in the ointment,' is if the Hull Chief Exec and Owners, still have as much ill-will to us, as last summer (With Stewart & Koren etc).  I would think that a lot of water has passed under the bridge since then and they've moved on from such antagonism.  It COULD be, that we're the only ones who want to buy him (or pay the money they're expecting), or the only ones Hobbs wants to come to.  I reckon Pearson still rates him and would LIKE him back.  Whether we can afford him now, is of course another matter ! 

As I say, they need the money ...... ?!

Some people are hell bent on principles!

Is there actually any truth in this rumour or is it just speculation? Cannot find any links at all that says we are interested in resigning Jack Hobbs? Said it before will say it again never go back always a mistake we still haven't learned this.

I'm thinking that, too ! 4 pages on nothing more than someone 'suggesting' something ! A bit like the Cardiff rejects thread ! How is it transfer news ?

kingfox lol

You don't help yourself sometimes. Bumming St Ledger is bad enough but then you reckon Morrison and Keane are better than Hobbs.

Lets journey back shall we, to Michael Morrison in a Leicester shirt. He was absolute bobbins at centre back, summed up by his display against Portsmouth in that 6-1. He was at fault for about 4 goals, I've never seen a player look so uncomfortable in a position. Granted he may have improved but considering how bad he was back then it would have to be a massive improvement. Massive.

And obviously you prefer centre backs who like to pass it rather than ones who can actually defend. Thats the only reason I can think of for why you rate Keane above Hobbs.

I'm pretty sure everyone just say they rate Keane because he's from Man U.

Although Keane did have shortcomings, mostly in set pieces, you must say he was excellent for his age. Learning to defend is learning a trade and he had already got the three most important parts sorted in his positional play, composure and game reading. Unlike Whitbread he didn't panic or just use his strength to solve problems *cough forest cough*, instead using his brain and feet to get out of sticky situations.

Although Keane did have shortcomings, mostly in set pieces, you must say he was excellent for his age. Learning to defend is learning a trade and he had already got the three most important parts sorted in his positional play, composure and game reading. Unlike Whitbread he didn't panic or just use his strength to solve problems *cough forest cough*, instead using his brain and feet to get out of sticky situations.

I think he's got potential, but he's not excellent for his age on the evidence of his time here. He personally made a lot of errors that led to goals.

I thought defensively he was very average tbh. It seems people will overlook that if you score a few goals and can pass out of defence now an again.

He's not 16, he's 20, at that age I'd expect him to really shine at this level if he's going to be a top Premier League player.

He's still got a lot to learn.

Agreed, and let's not forget his loan here was his first professional season.

kingfox lol

You don't help yourself sometimes. Bumming St Ledger is bad enough but then you reckon Morrison and Keane are better than Hobbs.

Lets journey back shall we, to Michael Morrison in a Leicester shirt. He was absolute bobbins at centre back, summed up by his display against Portsmouth in that 6-1. He was at fault for about 4 goals, I've never seen a player look so uncomfortable in a position. Granted he may have improved but considering how bad he was back then it would have to be a massive improvement. Massive.

And obviously you prefer centre backs who like to pass it rather than ones who can actually defend. Thats the only reason I can think of for why you rate Keane above Hobbs.

I'm pretty sure everyone just say they rate Keane because he's from Man U.

Keane, St Ledger and Vitor could defend, as well as pass from the back. 

Was Hobbs not ever present in a side which had one of the best defences in the league during Np's first spell?

He was quality under pearson, but lose confidence during Sousa's inept spell, and he didn't demand at least 20k a week which meant Sven deemed him as 'unsuitable'.

In fact, i would take both he and michael morrison back, both of these were quality signings when NP was here the first time and prove he barely puts a foot wrong. I't wont happen, but this back four would have the best defence in the league next season...

..morrison...morgan...hobbs...de laet

Keane, St Ledger and Vitor could defend, as well as pass from the back. 

God you're such a Muppet!

lol

SSL Passing from the back?

I can only assume that whenever SSL played, you spent most of the game in the toilets or getting food...

God you're such a Muppet!

lol

SSL Passing from the back?

I can only assume that whenever SSL played, you spent most of the game in the toilets or getting food...

That might be yourself.

St Ledger does pass from the back, and a hoofer Bert.

Don't make me laugh. 

St Ledger is quite technically gifted, to be fair, always has been. Look at the cross he put in for Mills' goal at Southampton.

edit: This doesn't make him a better player than Hobbs though, I don't believe he is. Hobbs is an old fashioned defender, like Morgan, and like Pearson was.

I haven't really seen Jack Hobbs play since he left, but based on a much younger Jack Hobbs playing for Pearson, I would most certainly have him back.

He is now older, more experienced and more mature.

Although there are no suggestions he is coming back are there?

St Ledger is quite technically gifted, to be fair, always has been. Look at the cross he put in for Mills' goal at Southampton.

edit: This doesn't make him a better player than Hobbs though, I don't believe he is. Hobbs is an old fashioned defender, like Morgan, and like Pearson was.

lol  lol  lol 

Well that's certainly brightened up my morning! Fcuking stroll on. 

Crap, had one decent spell with us until the opposition sniffed out his deadly snail like acceleration.

One decent spell? Would that be the spell where he won player of the year?

I suppose the spell he had at Hull being part of one of the best defences and being made captain was also just a spell. lol

Archived